Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It’s not about winning what are you talking about? Do you have scientific evidence that disputes the research? Kellymom don’t benefit from sharing other people’s research, breastfeeding doesn’t get a marketing budget unlike the billion dollar formula industry.

However if you don’t trust kellymom I’d recommend you check pubmed, NICE, Cochrane library, science direct. You might need to be a member to view all their articles though.

That is EXACTLY my point. Look at every women’s forum since the dawn of time (alright- 20 years 😂) and on every BF debate like this one you’ll find women linking kelly mom and demanding people a) read the science papers linked and b) find conflicting evidence if they dispute them.

Did YOU find scientific evidence? No, you linked kelly mom
Did YOU Validate kelly moms science papers and research? no, you linked to kellymom.

Do YOU have the ability to disconcert between quality scientific research and baseless crap? I don’t know, but you still linked to Kelly mom.

Over many years of reading BF debates online I e mumsnet I’ve seen plenty of evidence that the benefits of BF at individual level are negligible (they are not at population level). Plenty of papers pointing to sociology economic influencers being more powerful than BF.
Am I going to search through science paper databases I don’t have access to and find them for you? Am I buggery 😂

RubyShoe

Earth mother - thanks that's a huge compliment! 😆
I have no issue and actually a lot of sympathy with mums who tried but couldn't feed their babies for whatever reason. It would break my heart.
I do have a problem with the lack of support for breastfeeding mums - people complaining about crying in a hospital ward or who have opinions on when babies should be weaned when it's nothing to do with them.

I'd be interested to read this research. Can you link it?
And I have to disagree there too. There is lots of support for breast feeding, sure its all thats pumped at new mums. I note you say you have nothing but sympathy for mums "who TRIED but couldn't feed"? So the others who decided not to ,are not worth mentioning. They aren't proper mothers? Whats your view on natural v caesarian birth? I suppose women who dont give birth naturally are not in your mummy brigade either, or couldnt possibly bond the same way?