Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does telling him to resign actually do anything though? Just feels a bit performative
He might not resign but if the number of government resignations keep going up he may struggle to get any bills through parliament so will need to go.

Reactions: 1
Wasn't at PMQ either. Presumably preparing a leadership bid. Other absentees possibly doing the same.
(Speculation of course but hey nobody can be in two places at tge same time!)

I can't believe I've spent half a day on Boris. So far.
ETA I stand corrected (and apologies for quoting myself)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Anyone else watching sky news and keeping an eye on the resignations on top right of screen. Nearly as exciting as the Eurovision scoring 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Our local MP has just resigned as pps no bleeping clue what that means or if she's still MP for the area

Don't normally comment on this thread but could the queen get rid of him ?
Sadly not I don't think

Although I think she can dissolve parliament thinking about it she's never done it I don't think

Last edited:
Don't normally comment on this thread but could the queen get rid of him ?
Yes but it’s highly unlikely. The ways Boris can go:

— He resigns
— The 1922 committee change the rules and there is another vote of no confidence
— The Queen can fire him, but this is so so incredibly unlikely as she has to remain politically neutral
— There could be a vote of no confidence in the House of Commons. Again unlikely as the Tories have to agree for this to be tabled by the Labour

Reactions: 4
In theory yes, but wouldn't do it. Think last time the crown told PM to go was in the 1800s.
Might be some behind the scenes talks with him that don’t get revealed

I know the RF doesn’t get involved in politics but it’s been shown that they definitely tend to do so privately, and I don’t think Boris or anyone in the Government will want to even try revealing that sort of stuff

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.