Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, but as it's all kicking off I've defied the conventions and started a new Johnson thread...
damn, I've done it wrong :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thread recap:

Tory MP’s have finally gained a backbone. Boris is finally facing a vote of no confidence. Boris keeps getting booed.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Thread recap:

Tory MP’s have finally gained a backbone. Boris is finally facing a vote of no confidence. Boris keeps getting booed.

And there will probably soon be a vacancy for wife number 4 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The theory earlier was that he might survive this vote today and then end up having to resign later in the month after the two by-elections, which the Tories are almost certainly going to lose (they'll 100% lose Wakefield, the other one might be closer).

Reactions: 8
Quite surprised he's finally maybe possibly perhaps facing the music.

Reactions: 5
At last! I'm surprised he's finally facing some sort of consequence but it's also way too late.

And with him changing the ministerial code meaning he doesn't have to resign because of misconduct, I can only imagine how much more he was willing to put this country and his party through.

The majority of his term has been spent trying to justify and excuse his wrongdoings. It's honestly enough.

Reactions: 14
I personally think he will survive.....unfortunately not enough Tory MP's have a backbone or a moral compass.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
thank you thank you whoever fixed it!
I reported it to a mod asking them to fix it 😊 it happens all the time so don’t worry about it 😊

The theory earlier was that he might survive this vote today and then end up having to resign later in the month after the two by-elections, which the Tories are almost certainly going to lose (they'll 100% lose Wakefield, the other one might be closer).
I think the Lib Dems have the other in the bag considering all of the other by-elections they’ve won.

The conservatives are fucked and I’m not at all sad to see it.

Reactions: 6
I personally think he will survive.....unfortunately not enough Tory MP's have a backbone or a moral compass.
I agree. I think between the demented Brexiteers and the slavering nutbags ( Dorries, Mogg etc ) he’ll scrape together enough votes to survive. Personally I hope he does survive - that means I’m still in with a chance of seeing my fantasy scenario of the Tory Party utterly imploding and the useless cockwomble dragged out of No 10 in handcuffs.

Reactions: 11
I hope he survives too. When he took the "job" he successfully took us through Brexit, but had no idea he would have to deal with a pandemic. There are some decisions he made I agreed with and others that I didn't. And I think the majority of people would say the same. Then, there's the Ukraine war which is also affecting so much of the UK. And, we have the illegal immigrants who arrive into our country and need dealing with.

OK, so not everyone will agree with everything that's happened, the decisions made by the government. But times are changing, they need to too.

Throughout the pandemic rules were put into place - I certainly didn't agree with them all - and these rules were constantly changing as the situation changed. And now, throughout the Ukrainian war, Boris and his government continue to make changes.

Many people, and businesses, have gone through hell, but we're slowly coming through it all.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter who our PM was/is during these difficult times, or which party we vote for, they would all have an extremely difficult job ahead. We also have to take into account that Boris is actually popular with leaders in other countries.

When he was first elected as our PM I called him a baffoon and hated him, but I'm now convinced he's the best person for the job right now.

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I hope he survives too. When he took the "job" he successfully took us through Brexit, but had no idea he would have to deal with a pandemic. There are some decisions he made I agreed with and others that I didn't. And I think the majority of people would say the same. Then, there's the Ukraine war which is also affecting so much of the UK. And, we have the illegal immigrants who arrive into our country and need dealing with.

OK, so not everyone will agree with everything that's happened, the decisions made by the government. But times are changing, they need to too.

Throughout the pandemic rules were put into place - I certainly didn't agree with them all - and these rules were constantly changing as the situation changed. And now, throughout the Ukrainian war, Boris and his government continue to make changes.

Many people, and businesses, have gone through hell, but we're slowly coming through it all.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter who our PM was/is during these difficult times, or which party we vote for, they would all have an extremely difficult job ahead. We also have to take into account that Boris is actually popular with leaders in other countries.

When he was first elected as our PM I called him a baffoon and hated him, but I'm now convinced he's the best person for the job right now.
Happy have you been nipping at that Pimm’s too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Successfully took us through Brexit? It’s a clusterfuck of monumental proportions.
I genuinely can’t think of a worse person to be leading the country.
I really hope you’re taking the mick.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Happy have you been nipping at that Pimm’s too 😂

😂😂😂. Oh monga you know me - I speak my mind. Who, just who, could take over right now😲. Sky have just been talking about this and interviewing people living in Wakefield. I'll let you know how I feel after the results are released. Don't hold your breath. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.