Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally think he will survive.....unfortunately not enough Tory MP's have a backbone or a moral compass.
Course he will.

I hope he survives too. When he took the "job" he successfully took us through Brexit, but had no idea he would have to deal with a pandemic. There are some decisions he made I agreed with and others that I didn't. And I think the majority of people would say the same. Then, there's the Ukraine war which is also affecting so much of the UK. And, we have the illegal immigrants who arrive into our country and need dealing with.

OK, so not everyone will agree with everything that's happened, the decisions made by the government. But times are changing, they need to too.

Throughout the pandemic rules were put into place - I certainly didn't agree with them all - and these rules were constantly changing as the situation changed. And now, throughout the Ukrainian war, Boris and his government continue to make changes.

Many people, and businesses, have gone through hell, but we're slowly coming through it all.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter who our PM was/is during these difficult times, or which party we vote for, they would all have an extremely difficult job ahead. We also have to take into account that Boris is actually popular with leaders in other countries.

When he was first elected as our PM I called him a baffoon and hated him, but I'm now convinced he's the best person for the job right now.
Oh dear.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
😂😂😂. Oh monga you know me - I speak my mind. Who, just who, could take over right now😲. Sky have just been talking about this and interviewing people living in Wakefield. I'll let you know how I feel after the results are released. Don't hold your breath. 🙃
I would even vote for you as his successor, don’t wish anymore Boris upon us 😂 I even made a secret wish as my son blew out his birthday candles 🤞🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I personally think he will survive.....unfortunately not enough Tory MP's have a backbone or a moral compass.
I'm not too convinced either. He seems to be more valuable to them than we realise.

His donors definitely don't want him going anywhere. He's made them way too rich.

But it's kind of like when Corbyn was leader, there's only so long a party can keep up with this infighting before it just looks unstable. And many seem to be tired of defending him all the time.

Teflon Tony (remember those days?) had nothing on Johnson's skills at deflection - Fettes not a par on Eton, clearly. But I'll be hovering over the telly button at 8pm, with everything xd that he gets a seriiously bloody nose if not actually ousted. There's a lot of talk about "a narrow win will make him a dead man walking" - I could handle that too.

Who, just who, could take over right now
That is an issue, definitely. But the key question is whether it's enough of an issue to save Boris.

Voting is open now, incidentally. Until 8pm. Result expected about half 9, apparently.

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand why just because there is no clear person to take over, we should just put up with Boris….

The idea that Boris Johnson is the best this country has to offer is very damning…

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don’t understand why just because there is no clear person to take over, we should just put up with Boris….

The idea that Boris Johnson is the best this country has to offer is very damning…
This is my thinking. What does it say about or country or the calibre of our government who are supposed to be responsible for how our society is run?

Of all the people in cabinet absolutely no one can take over? Why is Dominic Raab deputy then? Why does any minister have a senior job if they're not capable of a promotion?

Two years ago we thought Johnson was a goner (if you believe he was gravely ill with covid) we would have needed a replacement then.

No one is infallible and everyone is replaceable. The country managed before Johnson, we'll manage after and without him.

Reactions: 10

I’d go for Larry the Cat over him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

Former PM Theresa May showed up to Parliament to vote in a black lace ball gown, but would not divulge how she voted

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Former PM Theresa May showed up to Parliament to vote in a black lace ball gown, but would not divulge how she voted
We all need some of this Theresa May energy in our lives 😂👏

• Haha
Reactions: 3
One thing I'll say for Nadine Dorries, and as a politician I cannot stand her, she does a great job at showing woke #BeKind men for who they truly are. Some of the abuse she gets on twitter from almost anything she posts is a bit disgusting. It really is men taking a chance to get away with misogyny knowing nobody will bat an eyelid as she's one of the baddies.

Reactions: 4
😂 I’m sure that’s not far from the truth
8663F7D6-42C3-42B0-8B59-621F59367600.jpeg

At least Larry the cat is allowed back in 😂

• Haha
I hope he survives too. When he took the "job" he successfully took us through Brexit, but had no idea he would have to deal with a pandemic. There are some decisions he made I agreed with and others that I didn't. And I think the majority of people would say the same. Then, there's the Ukraine war which is also affecting so much of the UK. And, we have the illegal immigrants who arrive into our country and need dealing with.

OK, so not everyone will agree with everything that's happened, the decisions made by the government. But times are changing, they need to too.

Throughout the pandemic rules were put into place - I certainly didn't agree with them all - and these rules were constantly changing as the situation changed. And now, throughout the Ukrainian war, Boris and his government continue to make changes.

Many people, and businesses, have gone through hell, but we're slowly coming through it all.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter who our PM was/is during these difficult times, or which party we vote for, they would all have an extremely difficult job ahead. We also have to take into account that Boris is actually popular with leaders in other countries.

When he was first elected as our PM I called him a baffoon and hated him, but I'm now convinced he's the best person for the job right now.
Hopefully this is a piss take?
If not, can I just respectfully point out that it is not illegal to seek asylum here. Illegal immigrants only become illegal if they lose their application for asylum and stay here regardless. Oh, I have just reread what you said about Johnson being popular with other world leaders 😂 Of course it is a piss take 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.