Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look, I’ve been gleefully laughing and clapping all day but the fact of the matter is it is completely disgusting that it’s come to this. It’s unbelievable that there are no checks and balances in place to stop this tit show. How is this democracy? He is completely unstable and now becoming a huge danger to this country. There should be legitimate avenues to allow removing someone like this from power.

Also duck him.
It does seem that the 1922 Committee does have a fair amount of power. One article mentioned that they could potentially kick Boris out if 50% of the party doesn’t support him rather than going through rule changes around a no confidence vote

If anything the problem is with keeping the government accountable. It’s how Boris really landed in this mess, presumably if there was some sort of accountability he would have been forced to leave way before making this scene

Reactions: 5
Michael Fabricant and The Weave could fill 2 vacant posts?

Chris Pincher could return as Minister For Sleaze?
Pincher? Bloody hell. Doesn't he
What does he have on those still supporting him? Watching Burns on Newsnight ... surely Boris has something on this man for him to be so loyal in current circumstances??
I did work with a v. close relative of one a new appointee once.

First leadership bid.

Honestly I have got nothing done today with watching this and it doesn't even seem to be cooling tonight.

Surely Carrie is telling him at this point he should just go?

Reactions: 4
First leadership bid.

Honestly I have got nothing done today with watching this and it doesn't even seem to be cooling tonight.

Surely Carrie is telling him at this point he should just go?
she's probably pleading with him not to do it with cries of my wallpaper!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This is the crux of it. There should be a way of stopping this. I think the problem is that we have an unwritten constitution, made up partly of convention, which relies on people behaving according to so when someone does something so outrageous that has not happened before, then no one knows what to do. Although The Queen removed an Australian PM I think. It caused a crisis because she is an unelected HoS removing elected PM.
The American system isn't any better.

The American system isn't any better.
No it's worse than ours in a million ways, but there are other countries in the world, and that doesn't mean our constitution shouldn't be changed to put in some mechanism to trigger an election if the PM brings Parliament into disrepute in some way. Also if we had a form of PR the PM wouldn't have so much power and would be forced to cooperate.

Think after a 1922 vote, you have to wait 1 year for another
They will probably vote to change the rules next week.

There are still ways for Boris to be ousted.

Boris is using Trump’s argument that he has a mandate, but it isn’t true. In this country you vote for your MP who represent a certain party. You do not vote for the Prime Minister specifically so his argument doesn’t stick.

He is no longer able to form a Government because there no enough MPs who will join it.

We now have 4 cabinet ministers who have resigned, and it wouldn’t surprise anyone if that continues to rise.

I hope someone gets through to him and he resigns and holds the tiny bit of dignity he has left. If not it will probably be Tuesday after the election of the new 1922 committee who will change the rules for another vote of no confidence. It’s currently predicted he would only get 60 votes in favour.

If it really came to it I think the Queen would sack him. But only on appeal of multiple MP’s so as to remain politically neutral

Last edited:
That exists. Parliament can vote that they have no confidence in the government.
Problem is Tory Mps won't vote for it, because it will trigger a general election, which they will lose. I know the only alternative is the Queen, who is unelected, so we're relying on the Tory Party to get rid of him, which they will, to avoid a GE.

Reactions: 2
This is crazy he is still there. Dangerous for the country and absolutley mental behaviour.

Reactions: 6
There are still ways for Boris to be ousted.

Boris is using Trump’s argument that he has a mandate, but it isn’t true. In this country you vote for your MP who represent a certain party. You do not vote for the Prime Minister specifically so his argument doesn’t stick.

He is no longer able to form a Government because there no enough MPs who will join it.

We now have 4 cabinet ministers who have resigned, and it wouldn’t surprise anyone if that continues to rise.

I hope someone gets through to him and he resigns and holds the tiny bit of dignity he has left. If not it will probably be Tuesday after the election of the new 1922 committee who will change the rules for another vote of no confidence. It’s currently predicted he would only get 60 votes in favour.

If it really came to it I think the Queen would sack him. But only on appeal of multiple MP’s so as to remain politically neutral
he doesn't have any dignity!

This is crazy he is still there. Dangerous for the country and absolutley mental behaviour.
so maybe he should be sectioned under the mental health act

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.