Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Johnson and Gove are so vile, it's making me miss ol' Hameron. I couldn't agree with any of his policies but he was a capable politician.

Reactions: 14
Johnson and Gove are so vile, it's making me miss ol' Hameron. I couldn't agree with any of his policies but he was a capable politician.
I remember hating Cameron and Osborne with every fibre of my being ten years ago. They actually seem like halcyon days now. It's vomit inducing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm sure if you look up 'sinister' in the dictionary, there's a picture of Gove. He makes my blood run cold as does his wife. But if it does happen he'll have to make sure his daughter stops trying to score weed on TikTok.
Like Father, Like Daughter....Only Daddy liked more of the columbian import.....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
What is with that witch Sarah Vine as well? Bloody odd couple. They put me in mind of Jack Spratt and his wife.

Reactions: 8
If the rumours are true, it's definitely not stopped the philandering. I'm wondering if he has overstayed his welcome and a coup is underway tbh. He seems absolutely neutered at the moment. I think the social distancing measures in Parliament means that he can't play to the gallery now and he is looking very much like the emperor's new clothes. Just nine short months ago he was a guaranteed votes winner and now he just looks like a liability. Normally, I'd be jumping for joy but with every new leader, it just gets worse doesn't it?
It will have made it more difficult, being PM means he can't just slip his close protection officers like he did while foreign sectary so
he could party with a Russian Oligarch in Italy. I hope the Russia report comes back to bite the Tory Party, they can't seem to stop themselves
from accepting cash from Russian Oligarchs. The Tory Party that we knew and loathed died with Brexit. What's taken it's place is a raging storm of sycophants and morons. Brexit Party in all but name in other words.

Even if Johnson could play to the gallery, Starmer would have still nailed him. Lying is fine when your opposite number is utterly useless at leading a party. But Starmer is not. As for Cameron ? I hate him, he's the reason that Brexit is happening at all and that Johnson's path to number 10 opened up. Osborne was alive to the risk of losing, but Cameron went ahead anyway. Johnson won the election by lying about getting Brexit done with the bonus of having a poor opposition leader in the shape of Corbyn. Corbyn could make Mr Bean look competent.

I'm sure if you look up 'sinister' in the dictionary, there's a picture of Gove. He makes my blood run cold as does his wife. But if it does happen he'll have to make sure his daughter stops trying to score weed on TikTok.
No, you'd see Rupert Murdoch pulling Gove's strings.

Well seeing as Labour are now ahead in the polls the end must be nigh for Johnson?
If the polls start putting Labour consistently ahead of the Tory Party, then I expect Johnson will be toast, before he can
swan off in January saying "I got Brexit done, I'm off" aka leave before the poop hits the fan. Especially if it's a No Deal.

Cameron wasn't that capable, he didn't pay too much attention to Lansley's Health and Social Care Bill until late in the game.
He was so panicked by it, he had to hurriedly water it down. He left May to her own devices, she survived many a screw up at the Home Office that sunk a lot of previous Home Sectaries. Whatever you think of Blair and Brown, they are giants compared to Cameron, May and Johnson.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have friends in media who have seen him suddenly ruffle his very neat hair just before going live. All part of a very calculated strategy to look like a lovable eccentric. And depressingly it worked. No one seemed to mind that he’d been sacked from the Times for lying, peddled endless untrue anti-EU myths when working for the Telegraph, had been sacked from the shadow cabinet again for lying. And that’s not even getting into his racist language and constant philandering. And now some people are surprised he is a rubbish PM. He is probably the least suited for the office of any other PMs in living memory.
You articulated this better than I ever could!
prior to Boris I’d just silently judge Tory voters ( each to their own I thought) BUT he is
racist & mysogynistic and I can’t support that!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think a lot of the Boris supporters were probably racist, homophobic and misogynistic themselves. Thats why they don’t care what he’s like.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't believe that he's truly racist. I think that he wanted to appeal to the awful UKIP voter contingency so he started spouting the awful stuff he did about Muslim women etc. One of his former colleagues from The Spectator wrote a piece last week saying that this Boris isn't the real Boris. It's all an act. He's not a bumbling buffoon, he's very shrewd.

I don't believe that he's truly racist. I think that he wanted to appeal to the awful UKIP voter contingency so he started spouting the awful stuff he did about Muslim women etc. One of his former colleagues from The Spectator wrote a piece last week saying that this Boris isn't the real Boris. It's all an act. He's not a bumbling buffoon, he's very shrewd.
True, however his act before being PM is one thing, and appearing to be a buffoon when a pandemic and brexit are occurring make people think, 'Actually, he really is incompetent'.

Reactions: 4

I don't know, he's written some appalling things.

Whether he is genuinely racist or it's just a product of his very privileged upbringing is possibly up for debate

Mr Johnson stated: “No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.”
Writing in the Telegraph in 2002, Johnson referred to a visit to Africa by the then prime minister Tony Blair.
"What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies," he wrote, referring to African people as having "watermelon smiles."
In a column written in 2002, Johnson wrote that British colonialism in Africa is "not a blot upon our conscience."

He added: "The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more."

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Fair play to Beatrice - must be hyper-embarassing having that pair as parents. I'd want to be out of it for as much time as I could.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't know, he's written some appalling things.

Whether he is genuinely racist or it's just a product of his very privileged upbringing is possibly up for debate
He's a product of his class and generation which are a pretty racist group of people to be honest. There's no denying it. All of those awful things he wrote would have been perfectly acceptable amongst his peers and no doubt pretty widespread. And that's the problem.

I think there's a marked difference between the ignorant piccaninnies comment which is a result of his ridiculously privileged upbringing and the remarks that he made about Muslim women which were deliberate and designed to appeal to the racist scum whose votes he was so desperate for. Let's not forget that Boris is no stranger to changing his stance for popularity. He was a remainer up until he realised that he was more likely to win votes by switching sides. He's a terrible, unprincipled human being but even his own siblings didn't recognise the derogatory comments about Muslims as being really him. He's savvy enough to know that what the knuckledraggers want is "one of us" and unfortunately anti Islamic sentiment is one sure fire way of winning their support.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Nothing to add other than this picture in the DM today made me laugh out loud at my desk

1601294767011.png
1601294787804.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Tony Blair is a bloody odd one. I truly believed he was a good PM for the first few years... Until he got into bed with Bush.
He was a good PM and Gordon Brown a fantastic and fair Chancellor, IMO. Sure Starts, Widened Maternity rights, Minimum wage, Instrumental in bringing about the Peace process in NI, Reduction of 50% in the teenage pregnancy rates by initiatives started by his government, bursaries for SW, nurses and many other key workers at university, I can go on and on. His government did really well until, like you say, his ego got massaged (and he was an egomaniac) and fell into bed with Bush.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.