Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, his real first name is Alexander, and his 'friends' call him Al (Insert Paul Simon joke here).

Btw, he isn't the first PM not to use his first name.
Harold Wilsons first name was James.
James Callaghan's is Leonard
Gordon Brown is James too. Really. It is. 'I feel good, doo doo doo doo, I knew that I would.......'

And Enoch Powell's was John.
Yeah but I think our esteemed PM was always Al up until he decided he had political ambitions.

Reactions: 1
New thread for the man that's looking more and more like a ghost with each day. Will he still be able to cast a shadow come Christmas?

Sometimes you get exactly what you want in life, then find it a living hell that you can't wait to worm out of.

View attachment 253466

I bet Theresa May wakes up every day with a spring in her step

Praying for a rogue frisbee to strike... 🤞

So, there is a story out today that Boris has money woes due to his divorce and child maintenance, and taking a huge salary cut to become PM. Yet, Carrie has just been on an expensive holiday to Italy. Maybe it’s time for Carrie to step up and get a job again. Isn’t that what couples do to support each other. And there she was thinking she struck gold when she took up with Boris!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So, there is a story out today that Boris has money woes due to his divorce and child maintenance, and taking a huge salary cut to become PM. Yet, Carrie has just been on an expensive holiday to Italy. Maybe it’s time for Carrie to step up and get a job again. Isn’t that what couples do to support each other. And there she was thinking she struck gold when she took up with Boris!
Bless him he can't afford a nanny, looks like Carrie will have to take on the job then.

• Haha
She has struck a goldmine. Ex-PM's generally end up quite wealthy. Well, all the post-war ones (with the exception of Harold Wilson who developed Alzheimers not long after he resigned) have.

Reactions: 3
She has struck a goldmine. Ex-PM's generally end up quite wealthy. Well, all the post-war ones (with the exception of Harold Wilson who developed Alzheimers not long after he resigned) have.
Ah but I think that Bawjaw has cottoned on that his popularity is waning fast and he's probably not going to be able to generate a cast income from after dinner speeches etc. He's so bad that he's made Theresa May seem capable. It doesn't bode well for his post PM future.

Reactions: 17
Ah but I think that Bawjaw has cottoned on that his popularity is waning fast and he's probably not going to be able to generate a cast income from after dinner speeches etc. He's so bad that he's made Theresa May seem capable. It doesn't bode well for his post PM future.
You could well be right. but even Major, Callaghan and Heath made quite a bit of money and they are not the most well regarded former PM's (wrongly in the case of the first two, in my opinion).

Reactions: 2
You could well be right. but even Major, Callaghan and Heath made quite a bit of money and they are not the most well regarded former PM's (wrongly in the case of the first two, in my opinion).
Not forgetting the expert at all this - Tony Blair...... not what you'd call Labour values!

Tony Blair is a bloody odd one. I truly believed he was a good PM for the first few years... Until he got into bed with Bush.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Tony Blair is a bloody odd one. I truly believed he was a good PM for the first few years... Until he got into bed with Bush.
So many mixed feelings............ I grew up in the 90s and after the greyness of the 80s, the UK seemed like a utopia of opportunity where the world was our oyster. And yes, that was down to a (new) Labour government. Someone could write a thesis on what went wrong, I still don't know what the hell happened and how we ended up where we are now. All I know is when I think of where we will be in five years time I literally shudder. And Tony Blair seems like an entirely different human being to the young charismatic 'saviour' people cheered for in 1997 (must go now, I'm going to start crying).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
The "suicide" of David Kelly was the turning point for me re Blair...

Reactions: 18
Tbf isn't her baby 4 months old

Reactions: 1
That’s because he was a good PM. People judge him on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which were massive errors of judgement.

He’s the best PM of my lifetime as far I’m concerned.

Reactions: 12
That’s because he was a good PM. People judge him on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which were massive errors of judgement.

He’s the best PM of my lifetime as far I’m concerned.
Agree with this!!! You can be sure that a conservative PM would have made the same decisions re Iraq & Afghanistan! Britain as the US’s puppet again!!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.