Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Simon starts his latest video complaining about people giving him 'thumbs down'... and of course there's already a thumbs down on it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So Simon starts his latest video complaining about people giving him 'thumbs down'... and of course there's already a thumbs down on it 😂
I swear booktubers are the most sensitive Youtubers. They take everything personally. Though Simon should, because he's an annoying, pretentious pseudo-intellectual

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Jeez really?! 😅 Everybody gets thumbs down... there could be the cutest most harmless video and it would still get people giving it thumbs down. How sensitive do you have to be to complain about that 😕

Reactions: 4
I looking to increase the amount of booktubers I watch so I've picked up a few names so far to check out. Thanks everyone.

Does anyone else watch Kayla from Books and lala? I think her challenges she sets herself are great along with the secret TBR's etc.

Reactions: 3
God, I unsubscribed from Simon because he got a bit too moany but it sounds like he got even worse since :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of sensitive booktubers .. Claire Fenby has posed a pic on IG of her graduation 3 years ago. Someone posted that all they will get is a virtual graduation, and CF replies with “well people are dying” Cue a grovelling apology from the original poster.
I mean FGS, she could have just sympathised a bit. I’m sure if it were her graduation this year she’d be a bit sad too!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I looking to increase the amount of booktubers I watch so I've picked up a few names so far to check out. Thanks everyone.

Does anyone else watch Kayla from Books and lala? I think her challenges she sets herself are great along with the secret TBR's etc.
I like her challenges but have realised I have verrry different taste in books :ROFLMAO: So don't go to her for reccomendations or reviews.

Reactions: 2
Speaking of sensitive booktubers .. Claire Fenby has posed a pic on IG of her graduation 3 years ago. Someone posted that all they will get is a virtual graduation, and CF replies with “well people are dying” Cue a grovelling apology from the original poster.
I mean FGS, she could have just sympathised a bit. I’m sure if it were her graduation this year she’d be a bit sad too!
That doesn't surprise me with Claire. She's pretty arrogant and thinks she's some intellectual

does anyone remember cassjaytuck? She's what got me into booktube then she just stopped uploading years ago but I miss her, the only person I watch anymore really is bookslikewoa. I had to stop watching others because I found myself only wanting to read certain books and if a book didn't have thousands of reviews on goodreads I wouldn't read it, it was really toxic for me to watch it tbh and for such a small community there is so much drama

I’m getting really bored of Simon trying so hard to make him Mum some kind of celeb. He just said on his Insta live with Tom that he’s “put a word in” for her to judge the Costa awards. Come on!! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
I’m getting really bored of Simon trying so hard to make him Mum some kind of celeb. He just said on his Insta live with Tom that he’s “put a word in” for her to judge the Costa awards. Come on!! 🤦🏻‍♀️
I finally unsubscribed from Simon. I cannot with people putting on airs

I am definitely starting to find Simon v insufferable too, like starting off a vid complaining about getting some thumbs down?? Really?? You're a grown man get over it lol. Also constantly mentioning his shielding but then saying don't ask me about it is just so attention seekinggg

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Simon and his mum. It's a bit cringe.

Simon seems to be trying to make these snidey comments a part of his booktuber personality. It's not pretty.

I'm also over David (Lauren and the Books' other half), there's something about him that I can't get along with ...

Simon seems to be trying to make these snidey comments a part of his booktuber personality. It's not pretty.

I'm also over David (Lauren and the Books' other half), there's something about him that I can't get along with ...

Yeah Lauren seems nice enough but also could not be around her for too long without a headache, but he does give me weird vibes for sure

It's the acting like children with Lauren and David that I can't do. Like it's cute for you guys as a couple, but do I need to see you acting like primary school children and shouting "WELL DANN DAY-VID" when he reads one page of a book? No.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's the acting like children with Lauren and David that I can't do. Like it's cute for you guys as a couple, but do I need to see you acting like primary school children and shouting "WELL DANN DAY-VID" when he reads one page of a book? No.
This is it for me too. Some of the stuff online seems like it should just be private couple stuff? My husband and I talk in silly voices to each other, but I’d be mortified if anyone else heard us speaking like that.

I don’t mind David, he seems nice enough, but on a completely nit-picking level I hate that their pet names for each other are Bear and Plop. Bear, fair enough. But “Plop”?! 😅 🤮

David seems like the type of person who is too nice for his own good. Every time Lauren interrupts him or patronizes him (which is often!) I just want him to stand him for himself. I just find it sad to watch. He’s also clearly dying to go to Disney (let’s not get into my thoughts on 35 year olds being obsessed with Disney 🤣) and Lauren seems insistent on never going. If that was one of my partner’s biggest interests, I’d at least make a bit of effort to share his enthusiasm!
Finally unsubscribed from Simon. The attention seeking and passive aggressive comments were doing my head in!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.