Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder how Mercedes ever got on with culling her collection.. it was something she was doing when I was watching her like…4-5 years ago? and she had a really thorough plan how she was going to do it. No idea how it went though, I unsubbed cause she put so much pressure on herself and was a bit sad to watch.
I think she's down to a TBR of 60 or something? She uses the library a LOT these days. She seems to be doing well, I think she had stuff going on in her personal life at the time she first tried to reduce her TBR so it didn't go as planned.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think she's down to a TBR of 60 or something? She uses the library a LOT these days. She seems to be doing well, I think she had stuff going on in her personal life at the time she first tried to reduce her TBR so it didn't go as planned.
Thank you! It’s good to hear she’s doing well. Maybe I should try again with her videos because our tastes definitely have some overlap.

Oh I really like her - I maybe picked the wrong word 😂 I just meant I'm not a massive superfan coming on here telling people to support her on Patreon! She's def my favourite YouTuber - she's the only person I've stayed interested in since I started watching YouTube as a teenager. I think she has mostly good videos and some amazing and I like that she's not afraid to call herself out when she's mistaken 😊 I have very different taste in books to her so her recs aren't always great for me, I prefer the lifestyle or political ones. (edit - typo)
Aha, got you! 😁 I’m a big fan too, I hope she continues to grow and get more subscribers because she really deserves it.
Haha I love her book videos a lot, although a few she’s recommended have not being my thing, which was disappointing… she just sells them so well! But there’s lots of her recs that I have enjoyed.

Does anyone watch Katie Coulson? I am so torn on her, I think some of her vlogs are fun to watch, but she is really over the top sometimes...

I can't watch Simon anymore. It has become blatantly obvious that he doesn't read books and that he was using Booktube as a way to create a media job for himself. I cannot listen to his "can't talk about" or "secret project" crap anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone watch Katie Coulson? I am so torn on her, I think some of her vlogs are fun to watch, but she is really over the top sometimes...
I saw one once the algo played it automatically.. she was so loud and performative and the whole vlog said I bought this but i have no idea what its about.. I didn't get the impression she reads. she just buys the books to be trendy etc

I can't watch Simon anymore. It has become blatantly obvious that he doesn't read books and that he was using Booktube as a way to create a media job for himself. I cannot listen to his "can't talk about" or "secret project" crap anymore.
I dont even get why half of them have to be secret.. unless it's to keep viewers watching to find out.. projects with libraries that most will never see and interviewing gigs with podcasters nobody has heard of etc etc.... hardly require an embargo.. just say sometimes I work on things I cant publicise until its officially launched and leave it at that..

BTW that big project he's doing with the virtual reality thing at libraries... what a bloody waste of money..ironically I am a member of one of them when I used to work there and they recently sent me a survey which is cleared designed to assist them with cost cutting as it even gave the options to vote on - ie fewer staff, different hours, branch closures. less stock etc etc Shame because I found it often had books that my home borough local one didn't and got new releases faster etc

Last edited:
I know Ariel Bissett isn't much a Booktuber anymore since she hardly posts book content (or reads...) but I can't believe she's selling t-shirts/sweaters for $39-$59. She must be making some pretty nice margins off of those. And of course she travelled overseas again. I remember in her last travel vlog (can't remember if it was posted in late-2020 or 2021), people were giving her a hard time for traveling during COVID. Thought that was interesting since she's mentioned before she's immunocompromised 🤔

Unrelated but I really wish WellDoneBooks would come back to YouTube. He started a TikTok recently and I follow that but of all the booktubers I've followed, his taste in literature is the closest to mine 😭

Reactions: 1
I saw Sasha Alsberg's book today. I literally haven't thought of her since leaving the other gossip forum where she had a very active thread. I feel like she's been talking about Project Red for so long, I assumed it must have come out ages ago. Does she still live in London? Is she still with sugar daddy what's his face? Did she ever acknowledge any of the trashy things she did?

I do like Uncarley’s ideas and she has a fun personality but her vocal fry can get quite grating.

I do like Uncarley’s ideas and she has a fun personality but her vocal fry can get quite grating.
i'm not quite getting what vocal fry actually is.. people have posted on here that GK Reads had it and all I can detect even after looking it up is that her voice is a bit nasally,,

i'm not quite getting what vocal fry actually is.. people have posted on here that GK Reads had it and all I can detect even after looking it up is that her voice is a bit nasally,,
It's that kind of drawn out, crackly sound. This girl does it well

Reactions: 2
I know this has been discussed on here before, but I just can’t get over how often Simon references his ex husband. It’s… weird. It’s like ok, we get it. You were married to a BrAzIlLiAN. I wonder what Chris makes of it? Is he not over it? Is it part of his woe be me act? Is it to Make himself seem quirky? Relatable? Truly, truly bizarre.

Reactions: 4
I know this has been discussed on here before, but I just can’t get over how often Simon references his ex husband. It’s… weird. It’s like ok, we get it. You were married to a BrAzIlLiAN. I wonder what Chris makes of it? Is he not over it? Is it part of his woe be me act? Is it to Make himself seem quirky? Relatable? Truly, truly bizarre.
Is this after his latest video? I was thinking the same! Whenever Brazil is mentioned he brings it up. Just weird.

Is this after his latest video? I was thinking the same! Whenever Brazil is mentioned he brings it up. Just weird.
yeah, I just watched his latest video and he went on some inane tangent so he could shoehorn in the fact that he had a brazillian ex husband. Ffs. I am going to have start a book tuber based drinking game! 😂

• Haha
especially when he has strongly implied that he was in a really bad place after this relationship ended...He's moved on with Chris and they seem to have a happy relationship so I am not sure why one would need to hearken back to ex partners,,as was posted I wonder what Chris thinks /or if he does it to Chris or in his presence.

I think the cover of Leena Norms poetry book is so so ugly 😬
took me ages to find.. if it's any consolation the poetry is probably very bad too... 😂

from what I saw on Goodreads tho her first poetry book had a nice cover . Noted her mate Sanne has been currently reading it since 2019 though..not a good sign

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I haven’t watched Sanne in years partly because she seemed to be yelling in every video (you don’t have to project your voice that loudly if you have a microphone) and also because her interest in books were so surface level and seemed to be reliant on 2 things - the cover is pretty or a movie adaptation has been made/being made.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.