Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't feel comfortable posting the message exchange, but she completely ignored the point of my (quite short) message and decided to educate me on ED in a few snappy messages with "just saying" at the end, which really means I'm telling you off, but doing it in a cutesy way

Anyway, I unfollowed. I don't need reminding every time I see her IG.
I'm still quite surprise she has a bad rep for this kinda stuff. Also moderating of reviews on Goodreads shouldn't happen and it's disappointing that it does, I hadn't realised.
(I've yet to find a Booktuber who can actually write, tbh)

Reactions: 1
Love Gavin’s new Q&A. Love how honest and real he is, he proper makes me laugh as well. Would just love to know who he’s talking about who’s taking the mick out of him in their videos and subtweeting him?

Reactions: 2
This was interesting and they talked about sponsorships, those annoying coffee b-rolls, not liking reading sprints and more
Yes! I read historical romances and follow Jess and Charles. They are two of only a few romance bootubers who doen't pariticipate in those dumb productivity/reading sprints or make the dullest reading vlogs. So was v glad to see them talking about it! That subset of booktube also has too many 'book clubs'.

Yes! I read historical romances and follow Jess and Charles. They are two of only a few romance bootubers who doen't pariticipate in those dumb productivity/reading sprints or make the dullest reading vlogs. So was v glad to see them talking about it! That subset of booktube also has too many 'book clubs'.
Too many book clubs were popping up last yr with people reading the same books. I'm all for people getting a little extra money but there's too many sponsorships lately too. I skip right past those Book of the Month ones. Most of their books aren't even the type these booktubers read so are they even getting a return on their investment?

Love Gavin’s new Q&A. Love how honest and real he is, he proper makes me laugh as well. Would just love to know who he’s talking about who’s taking the mick out of him in their videos and subtweeting him?
Watching it now, absolutely love it! I followed him after all the drama he went through at the end of last year and really wish I'd done so sooner. He's really funny.

I also really want to know who is making videos making fun of him!

I do not read any of the books peruse reads but for some reason she is the only one of the old booktubers that keeps going

I do miss Whitney she was so nice.

Did anyone see Jesse talking about the Latinx in them is excited for Arsenic and Adobo when it's a Filipina story? If you're gonna pretend to care about the stories in Book of a Month box at least do your research.

People on twitter kicked off and said it was super offensive and harsh and that they came off as condescending
I find some people on BookTube (and especially Book Twitter) way too sensitive over things that are trivial - like the type of content people want to watch and make. Like who cares, just watch someone else who is making the specific type of content you want to watch. A few years ago vlogs were not a thing, and then suddenly everyone is making them but that doesn't mean everyone has to make them. Book Twitter makes me roll my eyes so hard sometimes.

That is so crazy! I wish people would stand strong in their opinions, you don't need to delete your video because a few of your colleagues don't like it. It's just an echo chamber.

Reactions: 3
I find some people on BookTube (and especially Book Twitter) way too sensitive over things that are trivial - like the type of content people want to watch and make. Like who cares, just watch someone else who is making the specific type of content you want to watch. A few years ago vlogs were not a thing, and then suddenly everyone is making them but that doesn't mean everyone has to make them. Book Twitter makes me roll my eyes so hard sometimes.
Agree! Joined book twitter for a day and it was enough for me :rolleyes: all the points they made were valid and fair commentary on the booktube community as a whole and the trends coming out at the moment - its interesting to discuss!! its like theres no freedom of speech on booktube/in the book community unless you hold the "right" views on everything... its quite sad and feel bad for both of them getting hate for something they most definitely should not be getting hate for :(

Some people on book Twitter definitely seem to be holding the oppression Olympics about every single little thing. It's important to discuss these things, but it just seems exhausting at times.

Reactions: 4
The comments on this video were too much for me. It's fine to enjoy what you enjoy. It's fine to say you like the sprints because they give you interaction you aren't getting. It's also fine if people say they don't like them and that they're too busy to sit online all day reading. Some folks are so overly sensitive. Between Bee trying to make it about race and then people trying to make it an issue of being insensitive to people about the pandemic and then making judgements about their character based off of it.

Now the argument is she shouldn't have named dropped people. Yet I doubt her sub talking around them would've been better. Which is not what they were initially arguing about on the comments of the original video. People got mad because she hates those coffee clips and reading sprints. And the irony of condemning the talk of privilege when the whole drama reeks of 1st world problems.

All the drama going on in Bookland and this is what people latch on to.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.