Booktubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Simon has Covid again? I find it odd that he's travelling so much for his day job yet was shielding earlier in the pandemic due to his chronic illness.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Simon has Covid again? I find it odd that he's travelling so much for his day job yet was shielding earlier in the pandemic due to his chronic illness.
Wait, he's had it twice?! I haven't watched him for ages, but I am surprised he's travelling so much when it seems to be everywhere at the moment. Me and my partner seem to be in the minority of people who have managed to dodge it so far. I'm sure my number will be up any day now :(

Reactions: 1
Maybe I’m reading into it too much, but I find it weird Jen hasn’t posted anything to her stories congratulating Leena on her book being published… obviously they could message in private but I feel like Jen of all people would agree it’s important to show support publicly to help sales?

I wonder if she even genuinely enjoys those books? Does she actually read them? Is she committed to her aesthetic even when the camera is off and won’t let herself touch anything that’s not a classic? Or does she obsessively read romance and YA when nobody’s looking? So many questions!

(Disclaimer: I haven’t watched a single video of hers because I could only manage like three minutes. BUT I’ve looked around her website and overall I just find it fascinating how contrived her persona is because it’s gotta be EXHAUSTING.)
I've never posted on this thread and am not fully caught up so apologies if this has been brought up before but I find her so insufferable. That insanely carefully curated persona is so pretentious and her fans absolutely worship the ground she walks on, no critical thoughts whatsoever. Anyway, I googled her just to figure out what other people are saying about her and stumbled upon her blog's faq which i just had to share! It starts off like this:

My name is Dakota Warren.
I am not human. I am a monster. I am a God.
I come in the form of words that will swallow you whole.
I will crack your skull open like a geode and read you like a book. And then when I know your soul, I will turn you into a poem, written in crimson lip liner on a mirror.
I love cherry chapstick. And danger. And lists. And leopard print. And black dogs and black cats with leopard print collars. And rats. And alone time. And words. And myself. I enjoy the depersonalisation of humans and the personification of anything non-human. I dislike idealism. And silence. And empty parking lots. I don’t take well to authority. I am in love with learning but I cannot be taught. I am impossible and unstoppable. I am what the kids call ‘An Atrocity To God’.

I just cannot take her seriously at all.
And it says the blog was started in 2019, so it's not like these are the pretentious ramblings of a 13 year old who thinks they're unique because they have a tumblr and listen to arctic monkeys.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I've never posted on this thread and am not fully caught up so apologies if this has been brought up before but I find her so insufferable. That insanely carefully curated persona is so pretentious and her fans absolutely worship the ground she walks on, no critical thoughts whatsoever. Anyway, I googled her just to figure out what other people are saying about her and stumbled upon her blog's faq which i just had to share! It starts off like this:

My name is Dakota Warren.
I am not human. I am a monster. I am a God.
I come in the form of words that will swallow you whole.
I will crack your skull open like a geode and read you like a book. And then when I know your soul, I will turn you into a poem, written in crimson lip liner on a mirror.
I love cherry chapstick. And danger. And lists. And leopard print. And black dogs and black cats with leopard print collars. And rats. And alone time. And words. And myself. I enjoy the depersonalisation of humans and the personification of anything non-human. I dislike idealism. And silence. And empty parking lots. I don’t take well to authority. I am in love with learning but I cannot be taught. I am impossible and unstoppable. I am what the kids call ‘An Atrocity To God’.

I just cannot take her seriously at all.
And it says the blog was started in 2019, so it's not like these are the pretentious ramblings of a 13 year old who thinks they're unique because they have a tumblr and listen to arctic monkeys.

Oh my God, she's even worse than I thought. She's not only inane and unoriginal in her youtube output, but literally has a God complex. She is so bleeping cringey, I can't even.

This blog is pure GOLD, thanks for sharing.

"I am a giant, stinking narcissist. I leave no space for humility."

No wonder she keeps recommending the dogshite that is Camus' The Stranger, it isn't JUST to look smart, she probably thinks it's oh so ~relatable~ to be #judged for being #different.

It's giving Lana del Rey fan meets dark academia tiktok-obsessed idiot who spends more time talking about reading than she does doing the actual thing.
It's giving 'never had to do any hard work in life because mommy and daddy paid for eveything, so fell into the fantasy of being a tortured writer and thinks that being egged on by 12 year olds who don't know what good literature is means I'm on the right path'.
It's giving has no personality IRL because she thinks being silent and pouting and posing in the general direction of the men in the room makes her seem ~mysterious~.

Am I evil for wanting to leave supportive comments just so she'll post more of her bullshit and I can laugh even more? In the words of Dakota - "I am what the kids call ‘An Atrocity To God’".

Reactions: 5
Oh my God, she's even worse than I thought. She's not only inane and unoriginal in her youtube output, but literally has a God complex. She is so bleeping cringey, I can't even.

This blog is pure GOLD, thanks for sharing.

"I am a giant, stinking narcissist. I leave no space for humility."

No wonder she keeps recommending the dogshite that is Camus' The Stranger, it isn't JUST to look smart, she probably thinks it's oh so ~relatable~ to be #judged for being #different.

It's giving Lana del Rey fan meets dark academia tiktok-obsessed idiot who spends more time talking about reading than she does doing the actual thing.
It's giving 'never had to do any hard work in life because mommy and daddy paid for eveything, so fell into the fantasy of being a tortured writer and thinks that being egged on by 12 year olds who don't know what good literature is means I'm on the right path'.
It's giving has no personality IRL because she thinks being silent and pouting and posing in the general direction of the men in the room makes her seem ~mysterious~.

Am I evil for wanting to leave supportive comments just so she'll post more of her bullshit and I can laugh even more? In the words of Dakota - "I am what the kids call ‘An Atrocity To God’".
right? it's so cringey and people eat this up??? she thinks she's so edgy and deep omg, like what even is this (also wtf did alpro almond milk ever do to her, alpro is great???)

1657278300218.png

should we... make a dakota thread? i'll gladly create it if i can figure out how to do that... would people be interested?

Reactions: 4
Wait, he's had it twice?! I haven't watched him for ages, but I am surprised he's travelling so much when it seems to be everywhere at the moment. Me and my partner seem to be in the minority of people who have managed to dodge it so far. I'm sure my number will be up any day now :(
i'm not sure there is anyone who hasn't had it by now tbh.. unless you are going to wild extremes like Jen Campbell who has basically shut herself away for 2 plus years. You probably have had it and didn't know /been asymptomatic

Maybe I’m reading into it too much, but I find it weird Jen hasn’t posted anything to her stories congratulating Leena on her book being published… obviously they could message in private but I feel like Jen of all people would agree it’s important to show support publicly to help sales?
maybe she's fallen out with her too..she doesn't seem to mention any of her friends anymore.. I suspect that they have all drifted apart during the pandemic especially when you consider Jen has been taking extreme precautions

right? it's so cringey and people eat this up??? she thinks she's so edgy and deep omg, like what even is this (also wtf did alpro almond milk ever do to her, alpro is great???)

View attachment 1401368

should we... make a dakota thread? i'll gladly create it if i can figure out how to do that... would people be interested?
Please do omg, she's such a goldmine 😭

I would eat that tit up when I was like, 14. My livejournal/tumblr probably looked very similar. Thing is, I grew out of that. Man, I love her.

Reactions: 2

View attachment 1401368

That poem sent me when I read it LMAO.

I'd say go ahead, I don't think there are many watchers here, but we might attract more by having a thread!

That poem sent me when I read it LMAO.

I'd say go ahead, I don't think there are many watchers here, but we might attract more by having a thread!
I've never heard of her tbh.. of all the recommendations I get re books on YT never come across that name but i'm curious since reading all this

Simon feeling grubby because he'd been to the Titanic exhibition, which he likened to death tourism ..... when he used to work as a tour guide at Highgate cemetery, where you pay to walk around people's graves!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Please do omg, she's such a goldmine 😭

I would eat that tit up when I was like, 14. My livejournal/tumblr probably looked very similar. Thing is, I grew out of that. Man, I love her.
That is almost a word for word copy of my 2004 Livejournal. bleeping hell. I thought we'd evolved past that XD

Please someone start a thread on her!

Simon on twitter saying that judging a book prize will help with his reading slump!!! I cannot deal. Simon if you are reading this, you will never be a Booker Prize judge

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Simon on twitter saying that judging a book prize will help with his reading slump!!! I cannot deal. Simon if you are reading this, you will never be a Booker Prize judge
I’ve just seen the tweet.How cringy. He even asks for offers 🫤

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I can't think of anything more stressful than having to read a ton of books in a very short time to judge a prize.

This thread is over 50 pages, do we need a new one?

if he's in a reading slump perhaps that's an indication of the fact he's not really interested in reading any more...??

if he's in a reading slump perhaps that's an indication of the fact he's not really interested in reading any more...??
Was he ever really interested or was it a way to get attention and perhaps start a media career. The cynical part of me never believed he read all the books he said he did.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.