Booktubers #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always get the impression that David would be perfectly content reading a few books a year at his own pace but not necessarily be a part of her reading nights and her checking on his progress.

Reactions: 6
Is it just me, or is Drinking By My Shelf giving strong 'having her first gay relationship' vibes? She did a whole video about her gf (who she's given a fake name and we've not even seen on camera so it's not like we really know her enough to care) being away, keeps mentioning her, and keeps going on about books about lesbian awakenings (although to be fair this isn't new, she was always obsessed with those).

I mean we all knew she was bi, she was always open about that, but damn, take a shot every time she mentions Raf, who again, we've not seen hide nor hair of yet!, and you'll end up in A&E in no time!

Reactions: 10
Is it just me, or is Drinking By My Shelf giving strong 'having her first gay relationship' vibes? She did a whole video about her gf (who she's given a fake name and we've not even seen on camera so it's not like we really know her enough to care) being away, keeps mentioning her, and keeps going on about books about lesbian awakenings (although to be fair this isn't new, she was always obsessed with those).

I mean we all knew she was bi, she was always open about that, but damn, take a shot every time she mentions Raf, who again, we've not seen hide nor hair of yet!, and you'll end up in A&E in no time!
It seems like a rebound relationship to me. It also seemed like she moved on really quickly. I do hope she's ok and not running away from her feelings.

Reactions: 6
New Booktube drinking game - take a shot everytime Jean Bookishthoughts mentioned that she was on the last week of her Phd before submission or that she was on her period :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
New Booktube drinking game - take a shot everytime Jean Bookishthoughts mentioned that she was on the last week of her Phd before submission or that she was on her period :rolleyes:
I'm so curious how Jean affords to live (especially in London!) while working on her PhD. Does anyone know? Surely the Patreon and small book advances would only go so far?

Ah, I forgot she's in Edinburgh. Still, I'm sure it's not a cheap city to be living in. I'll be interested to see what she does next.
I think she's always supported herself with freelance work, she mentioned it in a video once. But I think her connections working with one the publishers has allowed her to do marketing and social media for other companies and perhaps authors as well. And now ofc, she gets paid royalties for her books. She must have also saved tons when she moved back in with her mum, in order to buy the new flat (I think) with her friend.

But yes, Edinburgh very much reaches London in rent prices!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else find Uncarley irritating? She talks in constant vocal fry, references the same 4 books constantly and thinks that saying “mental illness” is the same as having a dry wit.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else find Uncarley irritating? She talks in constant vocal fry, references the same 4 books constantly and thinks that saying “mental illness” is the same as having a dry wit.
I found her funny the first like 3 videos I watched but then it just got monotonous

It seems like a rebound relationship to me. It also seemed like she moved on really quickly. I do hope she's ok and not running away from her feelings.
I always just suspected she decided to go down the female relationship route and dumped RG..

course there's the old joke... what does a lesbian take to her first date? a U - Haul...(thats a removal type truck for UK readers)

Simon Savidge plugging Ariel Bissett;s merch.. I just can't .. she has even more money than he does from the looks of things

She is living in Scotland, no?
she lives with her Mum in Scotland yes

Reactions: 1
Uncarley constantly references that she is a comedian and saying it enough times doesn't make it true any more than using the f word makes a person funny. She is neither a reader nor a comedian. In her emaciated state, she is a lost soul trying to exude confidence.

Reactions: 4
Simon I don't know what this book is about Savidge at it again with another massive haul. Unless hes planning to live to 500 he should start sayin no to publisers

• Haha
Anyone else see hailey in bookland get rinsed on her insta anon box? Yikes!
I follow Lianne from Novel Menagerie on Instagram too and the questions she got were so much more normal compare to Hayley.

"What is your book tube advise" is very different to "do you think you're just not very good at book tube any more"

Reactions: 1