Booktubers #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Jen Campbell has had her baby and is currently not uploading (good for her). I’m just so happy for her and her husband as she has spoken of having a miscarriage before. I’m already missing her videos but I’m just over the moon for her now she’s got her own bundle of joy. I hope she’s doing well x
havent watched her in a long while. idk why tbh but in any case I am pleased for her( and not just because we share a name.) whatever i think of her and her channel at the moment because she has had so many yrs of IVF and fertility struggles. Hope all are well

Reactions: 3
I know it's not for everyone but I find it so odd when booktubers (the same ones who often read non-fiction) say they're not up to date on current affairs or politics or news. Lauren said it in her recent video and I heard Gemma and Alice say it too. How can you be such a keen reader and not be engaged about the world around you?!
It's about privilege imo - at least based on the way so many of them describe it. A lot of them don't "have to" pay attention to the news in particular as it's often not focusing on social issues and events that affect them. Their existences aren't inherently political.

Reactions: 4
It's about privilege imo - at least based on the way so many of them describe it. A lot of them don't "have to" pay attention to the news in particular as it's often not focusing on social issues and events that affect them. Their existences aren't inherently political.
Exactly!!! Grinds my gears when they say "I don't watch the news because it's all bad" and that's exactly why you should be paying attention.

Reactions: 2
I noticed in Lauren's latest video she said she's taking metformin, now I know that ages ago she was pre diabetic, dos that mean she's now actually diabetic?
I only watch somel of her videos so I may have missed it.

I noticed in Lauren's latest video she said she's taking metformin, now I know that ages ago she was pre diabetic, dos that mean she's now actually diabetic?
I only watch somel of her videos so I may have missed it.
Yes she has type 2 diabetes. I think she was diagnosed a year or two ago.You’d think they would reduce the weekly cake and muffin baking because of this!

Reactions: 3
Sweet Jesus will SOMEONE tell Hannah May it is not Sara YEAH HO.. she's still doing it..

Reactions: 1
Not sure how I feel about Becca and her Books putting up a picture "today is tabata day" and on the next story "before asking me what it is remember google is free."

I guess people with a big follower get a lot of questions and stories but on the other hand i don't know how i feel about it.

havent watched her in a long while. idk why tbh but in any case I am pleased for her( and not just because we share a name.) whatever i think of her and her channel at the moment because she has had so many yrs of IVF and fertility struggles. Hope all are well
Aw I hope they're doing well. I really really appreciated that she gave a warning that she was going to be doing a pregnancy announcement and that she understood how some people find it difficult to hear about others' pregnancies as I am one of those people. very thoughtful of her - unsurprisingly so I guess as she understands the difficulties of infertility.

Reactions: 2
I shouldn't have watched Lauren's new reading vlog when I was already in a bad mood😂 So much unnecessary faffing and no actual reading. Why is she still calling them reading vlogs!

Putting aside publisher/author sent books, it continues to astonish me just how much he alone spends on books every month.

That's why I wondered what his husband did for work.
Well a 'reader' has to be seen to be buying books, even if they're only going to sit there as dust-gatherers. Plus it offers an opportunity to tag an organisation (in this case the Booker Prize), in order to try and win favour.

Simon Savidge is apparently fundraising now to buy a decommissioned mobile library to fill it with books and drive to the Ukraine. Brilliant, it's exactly what that war-torn country needs right now i.e. a travelling mobile library manned by BookTube's very own Bono :rolleyes:.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Simon Savidge is apparently fundraising now to buy a decommissioned mobile library to fill it with books and drive to the Ukraine. Brilliant, it's exactly what that war-torn country needs right now i.e. a travelling mobile library manned by BookTube's very own Bono :rolleyes:.
Omg is this real? 🤣 Crying 💀

Exactly!!! Grinds my gears when they say "I don't watch the news because it's all bad" and that's exactly why you should be paying attention.
I don't watch the news any more because it 1) makes me cry for hours on end and 2) end up in a spiral of anxiety that I can barely function. I do, however, know what's going on in the world as I ask my much more stable and knowledgeable friends to give me the basics and I'm interested enough to try and understand what's going on (whilst avoiding all the death, genocide, war, disease, famine, flood and other terrible news stories).

Does anyone know any booktubers who read classics? I think part of my falling out with reading has been because I've been consuming trash books - much as I love a bit of ACOTAR and other such tiktok popular novels, it's turned my reading brain to mush. I've started reading Grapes of Wrath and it's absolutely blown me away. It feels like every video I watch though is the same books, different reader. Yellow Face, Fourth Wing, Crescent City or similar...

Does anyone know any booktubers who read classics? I think part of my falling out with reading has been because I've been consuming trash books - much as I love a bit of ACOTAR and other such tiktok popular novels, it's turned my reading brain to mush. I've started reading Grapes of Wrath and it's absolutely blown me away. It feels like every video I watch though is the same books, different reader. Yellow Face, Fourth Wing, Crescent City or similar...
Good luck on your classics reading venture. It's a worthy cause. Try Tristan and the Classics, who's passionate and inspiring in equal measure, and definitely not part of the 'everyone concentrating on the same books' gang.

I know TGOF is nearly 100 years old but I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers. Definitely need to read more Steinbeck - just incredible writing.