Booktubers #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad im not friends with Lauren. I don’t want any baked goods or crocheted stuff for gifts
I like her idea to make gifts rather than buy them, as they are trying to save money and they are more sentimental, BUT because it is Lauren she has to buy a ton of stuff to make these things. It's like when she says she won't buy new clothes but then makes up for it by buying a million used pieces that have to be shipped to her. If she is saving money it defeats the purpose if you have to buy a ton of supplies.

Reactions: 6
I like her idea to make gifts rather than buy them, as they are trying to save money and they are more sentimental, BUT because it is Lauren she has to buy a ton of stuff to make these things. It's like when she says she won't buy new clothes but then makes up for it by buying a million used pieces that have to be shipped to her. If she is saving money it defeats the purpose if you have to buy a ton of supplies.
I get the impression she has a very addictive personality. She can't just like clothes, she has to have several accounts and challenges about clothes, can't make one homemade gift, has to make all sorts with all the accessories. She never seems to dip her toe in but absolutely plunge in which is admirable in a way but would stress me out.

Reactions: 5
I was honestly exhausted just watching Lauren's latest reading vlog. So many arbitrary irrelevant tasks she sets herself. I wish she'd realise that most people watch a reading vlog to see people actually reading a book and engaging in what they're reading, neither of which her 'reading' vlogs feature. Wasn't her plan to have Fridays off to focus on booktube? Now it just seems like she's daily vlogging her days off. Which is fine, but don't call it a reading vlog. At this point we're just following her as she does her to-do list.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

it would be nice to give gifts that are of an interest to the person. Honestly who in her age bracket would love a crochet thing!? lol

but yeh its just another excuse for her to buy crap she doesn’t need and start something that she won’t bother finishing or sticking with

Reactions: 2
I was thinking about this too recently! It is very odd. The past videos I felt like it was even less noticeable that another person lived there, also the fact that she only talked about HER adopting the second kitten. Could be me overanalysing though. Maybe he just tries to get his stuff out of the way bc he feels uncomfortable with it being on camera.
i sit here wondering what bloke is so passive and so idk about decor that he would let someone take over the whole apartment and not have a single thing of his apparent. Surely even the most ardent of minimalists would have something . a coat hung up , an nintendo.. anything. ok maybe they have split and she doesnt want to talk about it but I am talking the whole relationship... i mean also if he went to Italy with her then there was nothing apparent in a small hotel room . It is a he isn't it? or perhaps its a she (orsome other gender) and Emmie isnt comfortable with that/ that would explain no trad male or male adjacent /related stuff

Reactions: 1
Omg what is Simon's deal!?!?!

He is unboxing a load of books from the women's prize, the majority he has never heard off - but doesn't want to read the book blurb! So how is he supposed to tell us about it!? :rolleyes:He spends more time reading the blurb and getting annoyed he's doing it than actually giving any useful information!

The fact he didn't guess one book says how much his finger is not on the pulse. At least Eric Karl Anderson had some correct guesses! (Those are the only to reaction videos I've seen so far!)

And seriously the editing in Simon's video. It was making he dizzy.

Reactions: 3
Omg what is Simon's deal!?!?!

He is unboxing a load of books from the women's prize, the majority he has never heard off - but doesn't want to read the book blurb! So how is he supposed to tell us about it!? :rolleyes:He spends more time reading the blurb and getting annoyed he's doing it than actually giving any useful information!

The fact he didn't guess one book says how much his finger is not on the pulse. At least Eric Karl Anderson had some correct guesses! (Those are the only to reaction videos I've seen so far!)

And seriously the editing in Simon's video. It was making he dizzy.
I actually loved that video because it was so satisfying seeing him trying to backpedal on his predictions that he got all wrong 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
i sit here wondering what bloke is so passive and so idk about decor that he would let someone take over the whole apartment and not have a single thing of his apparent. Surely even the most ardent of minimalists would have something . a coat hung up , an nintendo.. anything. ok maybe they have split and she doesnt want to talk about it but I am talking the whole relationship... i mean also if he went to Italy with her then there was nothing apparent in a small hotel room . It is a he isn't it? or perhaps its a she (orsome other gender) and Emmie isnt comfortable with that/ that would explain no trad male or male adjacent /related stuff
I've heard her use "him" pronouns. Also, there are some parts in the Iceland/mountains/Italy vlogs where you can see it's a guy.

Reactions: 1
Lauren pulls her hair out too much and too often in the latest vlog and then throw the bits on the floor…

Lydloves is a smaller channel that I really really like and recommend - that said I'm watching her birthday vlog and it's made me so sad 😭

She titled it like "spending my birthday alone" and intros it like just want to show that you can have a lovely week even if you're spending it alone and then proceeds to get gift deliveries from like seven different friends/family members and hang out with friends three times. My lonely ass can't handle this being her idea of a "week alone" and I wish she had just picked a different title.

Anyway she's lovely and she reads a great variety of books I just needed to get that off my chest haha

Reactions: 6
Do we know what Simon's husband does for a living? Is it also just interviewing writers?

I know it's not for everyone but I find it so odd when booktubers (the same ones who often read non-fiction) say they're not up to date on current affairs or politics or news. Lauren said it in her recent video and I heard Gemma and Alice say it too. How can you be such a keen reader and not be engaged about the world around you?!

I know it's not for everyone but I find it so odd when booktubers (the same ones who often read non-fiction) say they're not up to date on current affairs or politics or news. Lauren said it in her recent video and I heard Gemma and Alice say it too. How can you be such a keen reader and not be engaged about the world around you?!
Yeah, how do they not just pick things up as they go? Maybe it's a way of avoiding unwanted engagement in current affairs topics?

Reactions: 3
i think it’s because it causes such differing points of views that they don’t really like to discuss current news incase it affects their channels and views

Reactions: 7
tbh i dont read or watch the news much to be honest but i'm a voracious reader.. News just isnt the content I want to consume and fill my life with. Mostly TBH because its so depressing. I am aware of whats going on in the world though

Reactions: 4
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Jen Campbell has had her baby and is currently not uploading (good for her). I’m just so happy for her and her husband as she has spoken of having a miscarriage before. I’m already missing her videos but I’m just over the moon for her now she’s got her own bundle of joy. I hope she’s doing well x