Booktubers #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get his Storytrails job. It seems like so much unnecessary expense for something a bit meh?

I briefly watched his recent catch up video before getting too irritated, but he was going on about "treating himself" to "mini breaks" after working hard. It's like he needs constant rewards for doing his job.
me neither. When libraries are closing or having hrs/staff cut and books are not being bought do we really need to sink money into virtual reality experiences whether it is publically funded or not. I find it interesting how I am a member of one of the libraries on the scheme and recieved an email asking me how I used the central library and if I would support cuts to hrs/staff etc or even branches. That area is a really run down town where all the shops in the shopping centre have shut even before Covid leaving only local shops , a small Boots. Wilkos and TK Maxx.and where the council is going bust. Really don't think the money is best used on Storytrails. From my experience/memory/knowledge of the locals, can't see it raising much interest either.

I don't get his Storytrails job. It seems like so much unnecessary expense for something a bit meh?

I briefly watched his recent catch up video before getting too irritated, but he was going on about "treating himself" to "mini breaks" after working hard. It's like he needs constant rewards for doing his job.
or that he finds it hard to cope with his work and needs to keep taking breaks

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Lauren's TBR for September is almost a book a day. No wonder her reviews are so brief. She must be skim-reading at this pace!

Capture.PNG

Reactions: 4
Lauren's TBR for September is almost a book a day. No wonder her reviews are so brief. She must be skim-reading at this pace!

View attachment 1546401
Jesus even I don't read that much. those aren't short books/romances etc either.. is she doing a Jack Edwards and reading the blurb and counting it as a book?

I haven't seen her videos/am not familiar with her. is she the one everyone says shouts and bullies her partner?

Reactions: 1
I haven't seen her videos/am not familiar with her. is she the one everyone says shouts and bullies her partner?
I wouldn't call it bullying, but she frequently starts filming and then realises she forgot to make a cup of tea or forgot to close the curtains and shouts for him to do it. I'd either cut that part out or just do it myself, the fact that she chooses to leave it in is a bit weird. I also think David is humouring her when he agrees to do "David's TBR for this summer" kind of videos. I get the impression that he's not a massive reader but gets roped into readathons and other things on her channel a lot. She can be a bit of an acquired taste, she's kind of over the top cheerful in a way that I can see people not enjoying.

I wonder if all the UK booktubers are still friends. Lauren and Mercedes used to be really close but they never mention each other anymore. I don't watch Lauren as much, but whenever Mercedes mentions getting books rec'd or doing buddy reads it's a completely different set of people now.

Reactions: 5
I wouldn't call it bullying, but she frequently starts filming and then realises she forgot to make a cup of tea or forgot to close the curtains and shouts for him to do it. I'd either cut that part out or just do it myself, the fact that she chooses to leave it in is a bit weird. I also think David is humouring her when he agrees to do "David's TBR for this summer" kind of videos. I get the impression that he's not a massive reader but gets roped into readathons and other things on her channel a lot. She can be a bit of an acquired taste, she's kind of over the top cheerful in a way that I can see people not enjoying.

I wonder if all the UK booktubers are still friends. Lauren and Mercedes used to be really close but they never mention each other anymore. I don't watch Lauren as much, but whenever Mercedes mentions getting books rec'd or doing buddy reads it's a completely different set of people now.
I miss the cozy autumn podcast that Lauren and Mercedes used to do

Reactions: 3

I doubt it. I got the impression they were all just a clique of circle jerkers who only rooted for one another to look like they were power-puff feminist gal pals to their followers, but in their spare tiome, they all bitched about each other to one another

• Haha
If any of you watch How To Train Your Gavin, did you catch why he moved his bedroom to his bookroom? I've been trying to find it, but I don't have the patience to look through hundreds of hours of footage to find it :sleep:

If any of you watch How To Train Your Gavin, did you catch why he moved his bedroom to his bookroom? I've been trying to find it, but I don't have the patience to look through hundreds of hours of footage to find it :sleep:
he’s got a house mate now. His friend needed somewhere to stay, I can’t remember if he went into more detail than that

Reactions: 1
Simon spent all that time shielding and now he has Covid for the third time. Isn't he concerned? If I was that vulnerable I wouldn't be doing a grand tour of the UK.

Reactions: 9
Simon spent all that time shielding and now he has Covid for the third time. Isn't he concerned? If I was that vulnerable I wouldn't be doing a grand tour of the UK.
I wouldn't be sticking my head next to other people's heads in these vain group insta shots, either.

Reactions: 2
God I'm sick of them. It doesn't make you a colonist or Tory royalist to share some simple respects about the Queen.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She's not really a booktuber any more but is anyone familiar with Rosianna Rojas? She preaches so much about the environment and then seems to be on a flight at least once a month.

She's not really a booktuber any more but is anyone familiar with Rosianna Rojas? She preaches so much about the environment and then seems to be on a flight at least once a month.
I had to unfollow for this reason!

It really annoys me when she drags David into a video and then anytime he tries to explain something she makes a big deal about how he can’t explain things properly because he goes into too much detail yet she does the exact same thing!

Also when he doesn’t hold the book exactly how she wants him to. Just leave him alone and let him hold the book how he wants!

Reactions: 6