Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Booklover

VIP Member
Just finished The Dutch House by Ann Patchett - superb. I'm now reading Where The Crawdads Sing, which I'm enjoying.

jarv

VIP Member
Interview with the vampire is a bit too serious for me at the moment. I've downloaded the sample of the bear and the nightingale for kindle so will read that and possibly purchase.

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I am reading the book that has been suggested on here for book club, his wife's sister... I am yet to get really engrossed in it though.. :(

JLXRD

VIP Member
Currently half way through The Flat Share. Everyone was going on about it for a while so maybe my expectations were too high but currently feels kind of standard?

lemonlime

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend some chick lit that's based in a non covid NYC (that's a bit of a homage to NYC)?
Bergdorf Blondes, if I remember correctly. I've read it many many years ago and found it amusing but no clue if it's still in print 😁

working9-5

Chatty Member
For the thriller fans, I’ve just finished ‘His and Hers’ by Alice Feeney and can highly recommend. (Not an affiliate link 🤣)

jarv

VIP Member
I am reading A Discovery of Witches trilogy - I am on the second book now. They're okay but lengthy, good if you liked twilight and like history stuff. The main character is a bit of wet lettuce, but they always are in these types of books imo. The tv series isn't too bad either.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Finished my reread of 1984.

Am now just starting Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell. Not read anything of hers before and really wanted something easy and gripping so fingers crossed I like it!

I haven’t paid for a book this year and I’ve read 7 books so far. All through Prime Reading or Prime First Looks. I’ve really enjoyed all but one them (Infinite by Brian Freeman). Definitely worth delving into the free books available - there’s some great ones there.
Prime reading does seem to have some good books. I found my last handful on there. I've also enjoyed the short stories available too.

I downloaded infinite as my prime choice this month. Is it not good?

Next on my list is The Quantum Curators and the Fabergé Egg by Eva St. John.

Scvee13

Recently read Normal People and Conversations with friends by Sally Rooney, enjoyed Normal People but the other one was terrible.
Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine was a great read.
The flat share by Beth O'Leary I loved. The tattooist of Auschwitz was a great read.
I really enjoyed Ruth Jones Never Greener.
Reading a Sophie Kinsella one the now called Surprise Me but finding it difficult to get into.

Bette21

I’ve just finished the Red Rising books, I have mixed feelings about them. Any other sci-fi/fantasy fans?

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
"The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever:Lord Foul's Bane - Book 1" by Stephen Donaldson

9 books in total I think - mostly dark fantasy, but very well written by Donaldson. First read about 5 years ago.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Just finished The Collector by John Fowles, it was very gripping, I couldn't put it down. Absolutely despised the main character but will go down as one of my favourite books I think.

Now about to start Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.

nbt

VIP Member
Added The Push to my want to read list this evening. Just started a new book I downloaded the other day called... The Push. Hmm?!

Searched for both. I think the one everyone is talking about here is by Ashley Audrain...? I’m just about to start the other by Claire McGowan. I might read them both back to back!