Books #20 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cant believe we are on Thread 20. So good to see new faces too 🥰 if youre lurking, come join us. We need to influence more people to buy books they don't need.

Previous thread here...

Ah now, I would argue your usage of “need” here! I absolutely need every single book I have, even if I will never in my life get around to reading half of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Finished Rosemary MacCabes book "This is not about you" - its very good, like Dolly Aldertons "Everything I know about love" but Irish - i really enjoyed both!

Reactions: 4
Ah now, I would argue your usage of “need” here! I absolutely need every single book I have, even if I will never in my life get around to reading half of them.
Well this is true. I consider myself told off. I am bold. 😁

• Haha
I’ve just finished reading The Family at No 12 by Anita Waller, brilliant thriller. Gave vibes of the Perfect Child 👌🏼 (((and currently only 99p too)))

Reactions: 9
I finished Malibu Rising, really enjoyed it! Now listening to Ward D by Freida McFadden and reading The Choice for the tattle book club. After that I’ve decided I’m going to use a prompt generator for the rest of the month, hopefully it will get me to read some forgotten books on my tbr 😅

Reactions: 10
Finished Skin Deep by Liz Nugent. The first half of the book was promising but the second half went off on a strange tangent.
I’d not read any of her books until Strange Sally Diamond earlier this year, which took me a on a Liz Nugent bender. I enjoyed most of them but unfortunately Skin Deep did not do it for me.

Reactions: 3
It’s funny that @Libbylulu has just posted that above as I was just popping on to say I’ve finished and loved Strange Sally Diamond 😭

I didn’t want it to end. Also I think I’ve moaned before about how many books have to have a nice rounded up happy ending, and this didn’t so that pleased me 🙏🏻

Currently reading Zodiac Academy 5, really enjoying this series 😍. Have started listening to Fourth Wing on audible.. haven't decided if I like it or not yet even though everyone says it's amazing.
Also reading One True Loves by TJR 💓

I’ve just finished reading The Family at No 12 by Anita Waller, brilliant thriller. Gave vibes of the Perfect Child 👌🏼 (((and currently only 99p too)))
Thanks for the rec. I love a good thriller!
It's also free on prime reading so I couldn't say no 😉

It’s funny that @Libbylulu has just posted that above as I was just popping on to say I’ve finished and loved Strange Sally Diamond 😭

I didn’t want it to end. Also I think I’ve moaned before about how many books have to have a nice rounded up happy ending, and this didn’t so that pleased me 🙏🏻
I loved Strange Sally Diamond too! I think it was one of my 5 star reads this year.
I’ve had some free time this evening so I’ve been reading The Red House by Roz Watkins. It’s alright but not gripping me yet and not warming to the main character. Has anyone read it?

Reactions: 2
I’ve started Mad Honey now.

My son is away on a residential this weekend and although he’s been away a couple of times before, it’s the first that’s fallen on a weekend, so I just want to lose myself in a book and actually wish the weekend away for once 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve started Mad Honey now.

My son is away on a residential this weekend and although he’s been away a couple of times before, it’s the first that’s fallen on a weekend, so I just want to lose myself in a book and actually wish the weekend away for once 💔
Mad Honey is definitely a book you can get lost in. I am a sucker for any east coast setting book but I loved it and Im not a huge Picoult fan.

Reactions: 3
I think I’ve asked this before, apologies 🙊 How many of you with a Kindle have a screen protector? I have a kindle cover that folds over the screen like a book so don’t have one on mine.

Just bought The End of Loneliness for 99p after seeing an instagramer highly recommend it. Looks like a good one for lots of us!
Screenshot_20230707_234111_Goodreads.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have a kindle question. I have a first gen paper white and everytime I search for books on it, it completely freezes and is so slow. Is this normal? Do I need a new kindle ?

I think I’ve asked this before, apologies 🙊 How many of you with a Kindle have a screen protector? I have a kindle cover that folds over the screen like a book so don’t have one on mine.
No screen protector for me. A cover yes but screen protector no. I’ve never had one even though I always have one on my iPhone and iPad (both anti glare and blue light blocking).
---
I have a kindle question. I have a first gen paper white and everytime I search for books on it, it completely freezes and is so slow. Is this normal? Do I need a new kindle ?
I have the kindle signature and I love it but I don’t search or organise books on it. I use the kindle app on my iPad to do that. I find kindle software rubbish and it always crashes and restarts my kindle. So I just use it for reading on, which I love.

Reactions: 1
new thread already! last one moved so quickly.

really fancied a fantasy read as i felt really autumnal with the rain last few days so started 6 crimson cranes

its ok so far. Rated quite highly on goodreads!

i do feel like i need to step up and read more adult fantasy stuff 🤣 last few fantasy books i have read all have felt very ‘young’(probably cause they’re aimed at that group 🤣)

anyone have any good recommendations?

My kindle paperwhite is super old, I dont use a screen protector but I do use a cover with a flap so its ovet the screen.

I generally browse amazon on my phone and purchase books that way and then just 'sync' the kindle and the books appear.

Reactions: 1
No screen protector for me just a cover. But for holidays I have plastic bag type protection to keep water and sand off and out of the charging port. Works great just need to take it up to charge which I usually only need to do once as the battery life is still very good on my ancient Kindle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.