Books #19 Reading and 99p enabling.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did we find out what book the book club organiser was reading that was dire? Perhaps one of us has read it

• Haha
Reactions: 2
These threads move fast!!

Just started the audio of ‘the truth must dazzle gradually’

got rave review on these threads so looking forward to it, give me anything with an irish family and i’ll read it 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@Libbylulu which book is the book club book, you piqued a lot of our interest!
Sorry folks the thread closed before I could post . The book is The Arrangement by Kiersten Modglin. It’s a very strange choice for our group, chosen by a new member. A few that have read it tell me it’s garbage 🥸

Reactions: 4
These threads move fast!!

Just started the audio of ‘the truth must dazzle gradually’

got rave review on these threads so looking forward to it, give me anything with an irish family and i’ll read it 🤣
Oh it’s a fav of mine. If you like a little older school Irish, have a look at This is Happiness on Amazon, it’s currently on kindle deals and is really beautifully written.
---
I just DNF’d The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez. I wanted something fun and frivolous so I wasn’t expecting amazing writing from it, but I was constantly distracted by the misogyny. It was horrendously cliche nonsense, writing about the “dream woman” as one who eats cheeseburgers (but has a great ass obvs), looks great with no makeup, adorably and endearingly incompetent in the kitchen but she’s an entrepreneur so that’s ok. I hate that it was written by a woman. I got 14% in and when the male lead mentally dissed a date for ordering a salad I lost all interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh it’s a fav of mine. If you like a little older school Irish, have a look at This is Happiness on Amazon, it’s currently on kindle deals and is really beautifully written.
---
I just DNF’d The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez. I wanted something fun and frivolous so I wasn’t expecting amazing writing from it, but I was constantly distracted by the misogyny. It was horrendously cliche nonsense, writing about the “dream woman” as one who eats cheeseburgers (but has a great ass obvs), looks great with no makeup, adorably and endearingly incompetent in the kitchen but she’s an entrepreneur so that’s ok. I hate that it was written by a woman. I got 14% in and when the male lead mentally dissed a date for ordering a salad I lost all interest.
aw that’s such a shame :(

i feel like some romance novels definitely dance along that line and it’s so frustrating. i know it’s maybe the hardest genre to write (imo anyway) but, do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
---
added to my TBR. Blurb sounds right up my street!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just finished 'Send Nudes' by Saba Sams. Its a collection of short stories.

I found them all really well written and observant. Would appeal to those who like stories about unlikeable / realistic characters.

Just finished 'Send Nudes' by Saba Sams. Its a collection of short stories.

I found them all really well written and observant. Would appeal to those who like stories about unlikeable / realistic characters.
Oh fab, I have it on reserve on borrow box. Love me the unlikeable !

Sorry folks the thread closed before I could post . The book is The Arrangement by Kiersten Modglin. It’s a very strange choice for our group, chosen by a new member. A few that have read it tell me it’s garbage 🥸
Oh no. If you are reading the physical copy can you just read every other chapter or something.

Reactions: 1
I'm reading 'A court of mist and fury' which is the 2nd book of a series of 5.
Really good so far and it's not normally my type of genre.
I'm also listening to "The Maid" on Audible which I'm nearly finished with.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm currently struggling through The Twyford Code.

I loved The Appeal but this is written as transcribed voice notes and it is just a bit of a slog and I'm finding it hard to keep up with what's going on ☹

Reactions: 6
Finished The Girl on the Train, thoroughly enjoyed it. Starting The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell now while I wait for the book club pick to be available on BorrowBox.

Reactions: 8
I'm currently struggling through The Twyford Code.

I loved The Appeal but this is written as transcribed voice notes and it is just a bit of a slog and I'm finding it hard to keep up with what's going on ☹
I felt similar about TTC, it didn’t really work for me. I liked her latest book, The Alperton Angels. My favourite is still The Appeal

Reactions: 4
i’m reading the flatshare (i know, very late to the party) and am really enjoying it so far - a very sweet premise with two really likeable lead characters, which is all i need in a romance 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
i’m reading the flatshare (i know, very late to the party) and am really enjoying it so far - a very sweet premise with two really likeable lead characters, which is all i need in a romance 🤣
I liked the Flatshare and it’s not my usual genre at all. I really liked The Switch by the same author.

• Heart
I have the Flatshare on my TBR, Ive only read one Beth O Leary book I think it was The Road Trip? Thought it was quite good.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.