Book Readathon! August bank holiday weekend.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fell asleep last night without being able to post, so here's my Saturday wrap-up -

Pages read - around 150 (across The Secrets of Us and A Court of Thorns and Roses)
Beverages consumed - cherry coke and hot chocolate
Snacks - Happy Hippos LOL
Change of goals tomorrow - Want to be a little more focussed, get through more through the day rather than waiting for night (as that's when I prefer to read)

Read a good chunk of ACOTAR last night and I am loving this book! I could've finished but I was tired and figured I could save it for tonight and get through the final 80 pages. No progress on the Master and Margarita however, so need to get cracking

@smellsofbiscuits - My Guess for your quote is - The Stranger by Albert Camus! Feels like something the main character in that book (I forget his name) would say

Reactions: 1
I fell asleep while reading last night so here is yesterday’s wrap up

Pages read - 108
Beverages consumed - Diet Coke and water
Snacks - Kit Kat Chunky with Salted Caramel
Change of goals tomorrow - Want to be a little more focussed, get through more through the day rather than waiting for night (as that's when I prefer to read)

Today’s prompts;

Three books that sum me up -
Harry Potter series
Reasons to Stay Alive - Matt Haig
The Humans - Matt Haig

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us. Can anyone guess where it's from?
“THE COMICS ARTHUR LEANDER gave her: two issues from a series no one else in the Symphony has ever heard of, Dr. Eleven, Vol. 1, No. 1: Station Eleven and Dr. Eleven, Vol. 1, No. 2: The Pursuit. By Year Twenty, Kirsten has them memorized.”

Which book would you like to live in and why?
Another vote for Harry Potter - I loved the series for the last 15 years and if I could escape to the wizarding world even just for a day I’d be there in a heartbeat.

• Heart
Not sure how much reading I can get done today cause I have an event to go to, but I'll give it a shot!

Three books that sum up me
Circe by Madeline Miller
A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us. Can anyone guess where it's from?
"Mack slung an arm over Wilson's shoulder. "An emotional bleeping journey."

Ok the problem with this question is that I generally like fiction with dark themes, so a lot of the worlds I read are not really ones I'd want to live in. Even Harry Potter I don't think I'd be a fan of living in that world?

• Heart
So I only read about 30 pages yesterday (and only a couple of hot beverages consumed). Today is also busy, but I'm planning on curling up for an hour or so with my book later!

• Heart
@smellsofbiscuits - My Guess for your quote is - The Stranger by Albert Camus! Feels like something the main character in that book (I forget his name) would say
Haha completely ignore me, I had misread your question and thought it was a general quote from any book instead of one you're reading right now 🙈 Note to self - don't make posts pre-morning-caffeine-fix haha

I'm really not feeling my current reads (except for ACOTAR which I am very much so feeling) which is a shame, I wanted to love The Secrets of Us. Gonna speed read the rest of it to just get it ticked off, and hopefully move on by the end of today 🤞

Hey guys, apologies for not being very active on here today. Had a couple of childcare curveballs thrown at me but did managed 10 minutes reading time this morning. Hoping to pop back once the kids are in bed so after 7pm 😉

Reactions: 4
I’ll be doing a sprint later on between 6.30-7.30pm while my husband puts the child to bed. I’ve managed about 100 pages so far today, hoping to get another 50 minimum by bedtime.

Three books that sum up me....
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland​
The Idiot (Elif Batuman)​
Villette​

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us.
'Every step towards the line of trees was too swift, too light, too soon carrying me to whatever torment and misery awaited.' (can I just add, I'm in love with any book with a Forrest-y setting)​

It would have to also be Harry Potter, is there any fictional place that feels as much like 'home' as hogwarts? and if not then Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, just for the fun absurd adventures that I could have with Alice​

Reactions: 2
I’ll be doing a sprint later on between 6.30-7.30pm while my husband puts the child to bed. I’ve managed about 100 pages so far today, hoping to get another 50 minimum by bedtime.
Well I managed 63 pages over the last hour - there’s only 31 left of my book so hoping I’ll be able to finish it when I’m reading in bed tonight. Shall have to figure out what to read next - off to Amazon!

I'm planning a wee cheeky reading sprint for the next 30 minutes then will need to take a wee break to sort out stuff for tomorrow (not an official bank holiday where I am so still got school run in the morning). Onwards!

Not managed very well today as we were out most of the day. Just had a reading sprint though.

35 mins, 8% and 34 pages.

The readathon has definitely helped me take some time out to read. Would be interested in doing this again, for sure.

I’m currently 63% through Blindsighted and have just ended a chapter on a *gasp* moment. Going to try and read as much as possible before I fall asleep.

Morning all, a late check in for Sunday stats here.

Yesterday was a bit unexpected as I ended up doing more childcare duties than planned 🤣 But I managed to clock up some reading time once the kids were in bed.

Pages read: 101 pages. Finished Blue Ticket (80), read some of My Year of Rest and Relaxation in between dinner prep (10), started The Summer Book (11) as I needed something a bit lighter to read after my last two books.
Beverages: Far too much coffee and a large glass of red wine!
Snacks: seriously lacking on the snacks game but did have a slice of peach upside down cake.

Today isn't technically a bank holiday where I am but Mr B is off. We're taking Smallest to the park whilst his big brother is in nursery then I have a job interview (!) over Zoom. Hoping to squeeze in some reading time whilst Smallest naps.

Enjoy the bank holiday those who get it and those who don't, I hope Monday is kind to you.

---------------

@nbt I'm so glad this has helped you find more time for reading! Definitely up for ad hoc reading sprint's in the future ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Good morning! Well I ended up reading 217 pages yesterday, I finished Station Eleven and started The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist. I’ve been getting my husband to pick my next read off my TBR list and he’s picked well so far, hoping The Unit continues the trend.

I won’t get much reading done today as we’re out all day but I’ll definitely get some done before bed. I did blank out 15 minutes this morning for reading but my mam ended up calling me and stole that time away, never mind!

Afternoon all! Not much reading done yesterday, but my hangover means I can sit and read for the rest of today.

About 73 pages read yesterday, aiming to finish The Bromance Book Club and make a good start on either Malibu Rising or Madam today.

How’s everyone doing today?

I’ve just finished Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter. I’ve read about 40% today, 173 pages. I’ve read it whilst in bed this morning, whilst folding washing, whilst ironing labels into my son’s school uniform and finally whilst dusting and wiping down the stairs. Basically at any given opportunity!

It’s a hard to read book at times, very graphic. A really good read though, I want to start the next book straight away but it’s £3.99 on kindle and that’s like, £2 over my usual limit 😂

Hi all! Read around 160 pages yesterday!

Managed to finish 'The Secrets of Us' and I am so disappointed, the ending was really predictable, and the one part that wasn't, was really unbelievable :-( I had high hopes because of the concept, and was actually getting into it at some points

Oh well, I still want to finish ACOTAR tonight (not long left now - around 50 pages, been saving it) and read some M&M. Not sure what to pick up after I finish up with ACOTAR, but I need to pull myself together and read from my owned books and stop buying new ones haha

Just finished The Bromance Book Club! It was very sweet, I loved how it was an established relationship trying to get that spark back. Did feel a little ugh with the third act conflict but overall a cute read.

Started and finished 'The Metamorphosis' by Franz Kafka, which I quite enjoyed. Listened to it on audiobook, and it was a nice length, and didn't creep me out too much as I thought it may do (i'm scared of most insects).

Just finished The Bromance Book Club! It was very sweet, I loved how it was an established relationship trying to get that spark back. Did feel a little ugh with the third act conflict but overall a cute read.
And just finished Malibu Rising! Time for dinner and then maybe something else...

Hey all, good to see some reading happening today. I'm afraid today has been rubbish for my reading stats 🤣 But chores have been done and I'm picking up another book I got from the library - The Book of Two Ways. Heard a lot of mixed reviews about it so it might end up being a DNF. We will see.

Today's prompt was what books has this thread or the main book thread inspired you to read?

Mine are:

People Like Her
Last One At The Party (too scared to finish it though!)
Girl A
Three Hours

I think there's a couple of ones mentioned on this thread that I'll pick up too. Must read back through it and add to this comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 5