Body Image - Do you struggle or are you very accepting?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was always super skinny and hated it, wanted to put on weight and used to get really offended when people would point it out to me. As I got older (mid twenties) I did start to gain weight and also started training at the gym. I didn’t mind the weight gain but I was also so much in the mindset of “I need to eat loads to gain weight” that it started to go the other way without me even really realising it. I crept up from a 6 to an 8 and then a 10, then I remember the Dr weighing me for the pill and she told me my BMI was 23 which really shocked me. I know that’s healthy but I still saw myself was a skinny person so it felt a bit strange to now be an “average” person.... if that makes sense.

I stayed that weight for a couple more years and then did end up losing maybe 1.5 stone. I do have moments now where I’m overly critical that I don’t have a flat stomach or amazing bum but whatever ... overall I’m happy with how I look. I keep an eye on my weight and when it creeps over the threshold I just cut down for a few days. I do still have a naturally fast metabolism which I am very thankful for. In an ideal world I would move all the fat from my tummy and arms into my boobs and bum - but you can’t change genetics I guess :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
I used to be a bit more accepting. I werent ever really skinny but I was slim and ive always had a big bum. Sometimes I liked it sometimes I didnt. I always felt a bit out of proportion? Then I got pregnant and probably because of how my body shape was with my big thighs, hips and bum I ballooned a bit and gained weight. Everyone said to me id 'bounce right back' but I haven't. Im not huge but im not what I used to be, I blame lockdown because I gave birth in Feb and had a womb infection so I was pretty much wrote off for a while and I werent getting out. I try and go on at least a walk a day with the pram but im still getting the side effects of my womb infection, so im tired a lot. It's hard to accept the difference in your body after having a baby but im trying 😭

Ive always been a lot worse with dealing with my face. I used to have awful acne at the start of my 20s and now I have acne scars and my face can be quite red. I always feel so self conscious when I have no make up on. Sometimes I cant bare to look in the mirror

I massively struggle, my mum has been morbidly obese all my life and its affected my relationship with my body. I developed early so was teased at lot growing up. I have been a 10 and a 16 and I still feel massive. Even at my fittest I was barely eating(or throwing up) and over exercising and still felt huge. I dont think I will ever be okay with my body. My mum is finally getting help for her issues and I am still working up the courage ot get help. I am exercising regularly now and trying to focus on getting strong rather than rail thin like I did in the past.
I also struggle with my face, I feel like I look hideous and hate having pictures taken of me. My selfworth is all on my looks which is awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I was always super skinny and hated it, wanted to put on weight and used to get really offended when people would point it out to me. As I got older (mid twenties) I did start to gain weight and also started training at the gym. I didn’t mind the weight gain but I was also so much in the mindset of “I need to eat loads to gain weight” that it started to go the other way without me even really realising it. I crept up from a 6 to an 8 and then a 10, then I remember the Dr weighing me for the pill and she told me my BMI was 23 which really shocked me. I know that’s healthy but I still saw myself was a skinny person so it felt a bit strange to now be an “average” person.... if that makes sense.

I stayed that weight for a couple more years and then did end up losing maybe 1.5 stone. I do have moments now where I’m overly critical that I don’t have a flat stomach or amazing bum but whatever ... overall I’m happy with how I look. I keep an eye on my weight and when it creeps over the threshold I just cut down for a few days. I do still have a naturally fast metabolism which I am very thankful for. In an ideal world I would move all the fat from my tummy and arms into my boobs and bum - but you can’t change genetics I guess :rolleyes:
Totally get this. I've been 'skinny' all my life. Just accepted this is how it was, didn't particularly bother me. 2 years ago I started on anti depressants, so that, plus mid thirties, plus lockdown has meant I was 14kgs heavier than 2 years ago. Now I'm back at work and on my feet all day, I've lost another 3kg, but it still surprises me that I have to buy a size 12. However I am really happy with my weight now.

What I struggle the most with is my crow's feet. I'm only 36 and have a lot of laughter lines. It's just the way my eyes crease and a lot of stress for 10 years when my husband was very ill. I've considered fillers, but I would resent the upkeep.

I'm happy with how I look but I wish I cared more tbh. After having a baby I'm just not bothered! I still make an effort, but haven't lost any baby weight (in fact prpbably put on a bit more since giving birth!)

I'm 15kg heavier than my 'normal' weight, and the only thing I don't like is how my fitness has disappeared as I've not been to the gym since midway through my pregnancy.

I'm hoping I get some motivation soon!

I've always struggled with body confidence. I'm in my mid twenties, I've never been "skinny" and have grown up watching my mum constantly obsess over weight, calorie counting and be on a permanent diet. Unfortunately she would and still does direct comments at me like "you'll get fat eating that" and has the good food vs bad food mentality. I finished uni in July and had put on 3 stone in 3 years. I've had a poor history with eating habits and spent years restricting myself, eating in a huge calorie deficit, binging etc. In January I started properly calorie counting and looking after myself and have lost nearly 2 stone. I felt great and have been wearing clothes which make me feel good. I've also learned to not take any notice of the comments from my mum.

My only worry now is that I can feel myself relapsing 😞 my confidence is slowly disappearing and my mental health isn't that great right now. I'm starting to compare myself to women on instagram; something which I haven't done for months. I'm planning to stop calorie counting in the new year which I'm hoping will help as I find it draining and I know there's more to life than counting calories. Sorry about the rant, I'm just feeling pretty down right now:rolleyes:(n)

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I've always struggled with body confidence. I'm in my mid twenties, I've never been "skinny" and have grown up watching my mum constantly obsess over weight, calorie counting and be on a permanent diet. Unfortunately she would and still does direct comments at me like "you'll get fat eating that" and has the good food vs bad food mentality. I finished uni in July and had put on 3 stone in 3 years. I've had a poor history with eating habits and spent years restricting myself, eating in a huge calorie deficit, binging etc. In January I started properly calorie counting and looking after myself and have lost nearly 2 stone. I felt great and have been wearing clothes which make me feel good. I've also learned to not take any notice of the comments from my mum.

My only worry now is that I can feel myself relapsing 😞 my confidence is slowly disappearing and my mental health isn't that great right now. I'm starting to compare myself to women on instagram; something which I haven't done for months. I'm planning to stop calorie counting in the new year which I'm hoping will help as I find it draining and I know there's more to life than counting calories. Sorry about the rant, I'm just feeling pretty down right now:rolleyes:(n)
I'm so sorry to hear this. You probably know this already but Instagram is not real life and so many people are facetuned/ filtered/ ring lighted.