Blossomingbirds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I follow Katherine McGarry on instagram and her outfit posts are way more original than blossomingbirds or allthatspretty, plus she has a better mix of higher end and more affordable things like H&M, New Look etc. But I’m still in shock at the amount of new clothes all these instagrammers buy or are gifted. It’s pretty disgusting as everyday there is a new outfit, so wasteful and I agree not good for followers mental health if they feel obliged/strongly influenced to buy things they can’t afford
I really dislike mcgarrys style.

Reactions: 1
Is anyone else surprised at the alcohol she drinks considering the constant breast feeding, cluster feeding, feeding on demand?

Reactions: 2
Is anyone else surprised at the alcohol she drinks considering the constant breast feeding, cluster feeding, feeding on demand?
Does Anna breastfeed? 😮 surprised she’s drinking at all, her mate RVK_loves doesn’t appear to be a drinker. She copies her for everything else 🤔

• Haha
Totally agree that her mum made an absolutely massive contribution pre lockdown. Where does she see them elsewhere then? I only ever see those clothes on her. Which influencers does she copy?
I think Colin does the majority. From just what I’ve watched she used to copy Cara Suthers, now it’s RVK and also a smaller account Carys Chapman whose instagram is actually very good. Joules and Boden are so middle aged and when she wears younger clothes she’s so overdone with makeup that it makes the cloths look frumpy. Will look up Mrs McGarry now.

Does Anna breastfeed? 😮 surprised she’s drinking at all, her mate RVK_loves doesn’t appear to be a drinker. She copies her for everything else 🤔
I don't mean that she drinks too much, a cool drink on a warm day is great but it takes about 2 hours for 1 drink to pass completely through your system so what happens if baby wants to feed in those 2 hours? Doesn't tally up with the wholesome lifestyle that is projected.

I don't mean that she drinks too much, a cool drink on a warm day is great but it takes about 2 hours for 1 drink to pass completely through your system so what happens if baby wants to feed in those 2 hours? Doesn't tally up with the wholesome lifestyle that is projected.
I assume that she does what most breastfeeding mothers do and times it accordingly? Especially with a baby at her stage she’s only likely to be feeding 3/4 times during the day so it’s not difficult to do safely! she also pumps so is likely to have a stash in fridge / freezer which you just pop out that morning if you know you’re probably going to want a drink later on. Obviously if baby is going through a clusterfeeding day you’re not gonna be able to time it so I’d assume she just wouldn’t drink then - or if she did it’d be bottled breastmilk.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that you’re not “wholesome” if you’re a breastfeeding mum who likes to have drink when it’s absolutely achieveable to do safely when within recommended units and safe sleeping arrangements too!

Reactions: 3
I think Colin does the majority. From just what I’ve watched she used to copy Cara Suthers, now it’s RVK and also a smaller account Carys Chapman whose instagram is actually very good. Joules and Boden are so middle aged and when she wears younger clothes she’s so overdone with makeup that it makes the cloths look frumpy. Will look up Mrs McGarry now.
Yes she copied the latest flowing dress from Carys and then has the cheek to share an aff link for it

I assume that she does what most breastfeeding mothers do and times it accordingly? Especially with a baby at her stage she’s only likely to be feeding 3/4 times during the day so it’s not difficult to do safely! she also pumps so is likely to have a stash in fridge / freezer which you just pop out that morning if you know you’re probably going to want a drink later on. Obviously if baby is going through a clusterfeeding day you’re not gonna be able to time it so I’d assume she just wouldn’t drink then - or if she did it’d be bottled breastmilk.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that you’re not “wholesome” if you’re a breastfeeding mum who likes to have drink when it’s absolutely achieveable to do safely when within recommended units and safe sleeping arrangements too!

I agree, what actually isn’t wholesome is this chicken and allotment thing she’s got going on interspersed with afs to fast fashion and a constant stream of clothes and homeware. The two lifestyles just don’t gel.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think the poster herself personally believes it’s not wholesome - she feels it doesn’t fit in with the “Miss Perfect” attitude they give across, and I get what she means, even though I know there are safe ways to have a drink while breastfeeding. It’s more because she’s so holier than thou with her constant breastfeeding posts. Totally agree with Incredulous below too - fast fashion and hens do not go together. Her life is not as “wholesome” as she likes to portray

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I agree, what actually isn’t wholesome is this chicken and allotment thing she’s got going on interspersed with afs to fast fashion and a constant stream of clothes and homeware. The two lifestyles just don’t gel.
she has just became a mis mash of several different insta accounts. One side of me wants to believe that she is just keeping up with the Jones’ (cough, copying) the cynical side of me is now thinking that this is a deliberate ploy to appeal to all the different insta target markets.
(Home renovation, instamum, gardening, fashion, sustainability etc)

I don’t think the poster herself personally believes it’s not wholesome - she feels it doesn’t fit in with the “Miss Perfect” attitude they give across, and I get what she means, even though I know there are safe ways to have a drink while breastfeeding. It’s more because she’s so holier than thou with her constant breastfeeding posts.
Ah ok, yes I know what you mean now. And yes her constant breastfeeding posts are a melt - who actually cares (and this is coming from someone who also breastfed). But equally then, if her having a drink then isn’t being seen to fit with the wholesome “miss perfect” she is believed to be portraying then she can’t really win here! I kind of just think it’s part and parcel of the bragging about anything and everything!

I don’t think the poster herself personally believes it’s not wholesome - she feels it doesn’t fit in with the “Miss Perfect” attitude they give across, and I get what she means, even though I know there are safe ways to have a drink while breastfeeding. It’s more because she’s so holier than thou with her constant breastfeeding posts. Totally agree with Incredulous below too - fast fashion and hens do not go together. Her life is not as “wholesome” as she likes to portray
I also really dont imagine she even drinks half a glass of wine....its all nonsense people dont be fooled. Its all for show!!

Totally agree with Incredulous below too - fast fashion and hens do not go together. Her life is not as “wholesome” as she likes to portray
And agreed! Fast fashion is one of the worst contributors to the environmental crisis and also questionable. The constant need to continually post affiliates to get the money in the bank is absolutely the opposite of wholesome.

Yes but she has to be seen to be drinking to appeal to the 'wine/gin o' clock' crew. As @Right on top of that rose quite rightly states, she is trying to appeal to everyone.

Had a look at carys chapman account and yes single white anna strikes again!

Oh and I reckon we haven't seen the playroom in a while as it doesn't fit with her aesthetic any more. I've noticed the move away from dark painted walls, esp on the mummy accounts (plenty of home accounts still doing it) and towards the paler tones with natural wood. The playroom would probably have had a 'makeover' already had it not been for lockdown.

Ah ok, yes I know what you mean now. And yes her constant breastfeeding posts are a melt - who actually cares (and this is coming from someone who also breastfed). But equally then, if her having a drink then isn’t being seen to fit with the wholesome “miss perfect” she is believed to be portraying then she can’t really win here! I kind of just think it’s part and parcel of the bragging about anything and everything!
Bragging. Exactly right. That’s all these Instagram people do. Look what I have, look at this, look at me. It’s so pathetic. It’s constant showing off and I hate it

You're totally fine to have a few drinks and continue to breastfeed. It's a common misconception that you can't. If you're able to hold baby safely, you're able to feed baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bragging. Exactly right. That’s all these Instagram people do. Look what I have, look at this, look at me. It’s so pathetic. It’s constant showing off and I hate it
They are all lacking something...most "normal" people arebt doing this. We dont feel the need to.

I don’t think the poster herself personally believes it’s not wholesome - she feels it doesn’t fit in with the “Miss Perfect” attitude they give across, and I get what she means, even though I know there are safe ways to have a drink while breastfeeding. It’s more because she’s so holier than thou with her constant breastfeeding posts.
Yes, this is what I meant. Of course you can have a drink while bf but it's the photos of bf'ing everyday and the cluster feeding and then to decide to show a glass of gin or wine or whatever - how does she time all that on a normal day.

You're totally fine to have a few drinks and continue to breastfeed. It's a common misconception that you can't. If you're able to hold baby safely, you're able to feed baby.
NHS would disagree with you on this:

"If you do intend to have a social drink, you could try avoiding breastfeeding for 2 to 3 hours for every drink you have to avoid exposing your baby to any alcohol in your milk.

This allows time for the alcohol to leave your breast milk."

But anyway, I don't think Anna is a bad mother, she clearly loves her girls, it's more the perfect life she tries to portray while flogging everything that can be #aff linked. It's a pity actually, as on paper she does have the makings of a perfect life but she doesn't seem to realise that yet.

Yes, this is what I meant. Of course you can have a drink while bf but it's the photos of bf'ing everyday and the cluster feeding and then to decide to show a glass of gin or wine or whatever - how does she time all that on a normal day.

NHS would disagree with you on this:

"If you do intend to have a social drink, you could try avoiding breastfeeding for 2 to 3 hours for every drink you have to avoid exposing your baby to any alcohol in your milk.

This allows time for the alcohol to leave your breast milk."

But anyway, I don't think Anna is a bad mother, she clearly loves her girls, it's more the perfect life she tries to portray while flogging everything that can be #aff linked. It's a pity actually, as on paper she does have the makings of a perfect life but she doesn't seem to realise that yet.
True, I followed the NHS advice with my first, but read a lot of research done in to it, specifically Dr Jack Newman, and he discovered that the amount of alcohol that passes through is minimal, so there's no need to wait or to skip feeds. Great news 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.