Bling Empire

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching Bling Empire New York. I ended up really liking Dorothy (despite disliking her to start off with). I liked that they showed some of the struggles of earning a living as an influencer with Tina. Richard is a controlling hole and Vika should run a mile from him. Lynn is nasty and her and her husband have a weird relationship. Blake is quite sweet. Overall of course it's fake reality tv, but there's also bits that seem more real e.g. Tina's struggles, and Blake's struggles/ thoughts on being accepted as himself by his Chinese family while at the same time feeling traditional pressures.

Reactions: 5
Just finished watching Bling Empire New York. I ended up really liking Dorothy (despite disliking her to start off with). I liked that they showed some of the struggles of earning a living as an influencer with Tina. Richard is a controlling hole and Vika should run a mile from him. Lynn is nasty and her and her husband have a weird relationship. Blake is quite sweet. Overall of course it's fake reality tv, but there's also bits that seem more real e.g. Tina's struggles, and Blake's struggles/ thoughts on being accepted as himself by his Chinese family while at the same time feeling traditional pressures.
Lynn and her husband are insufferable with a very toxic dynamic. They should just stay away from other people. The husband seems closeted gay to me, and came across predatory towards Blake - very uncomfortable to watch.

Reactions: 9
Haven't finished the series yet so cannot really comment on Dorothy, but did anyone watch her on rich kids of instagram years ago?

Reactions: 2
Haven't finished the series yet so cannot really comment on Dorothy, but did anyone watch her on rich kids of instagram years ago?
I did. Kinda sad to see that she's still at square 1 while her bestie got married, started a career in media, and got divorced lol.

I've just seen two episodes. I am enjoying it overall but is this the Dorothy show? Her squeaky voice and attitude is grating!

Reactions: 1
Have to be honest,this series in new york is so boring in comparison to the LA series. Dorothy is insufferable. The filler is just too much. So ageing

Have to be honest,this series in new york is so boring in comparison to the LA series. Dorothy is insufferable. The filler is just too much. So ageing
Unless she always had naturally round cheeks (totally possible!) I always thought she had filler back when she was on RKOBH.

Ditto, I am bored so watching but nothing seems to happen? Totally agree about Dorothy she is my age but I would guess she was one kf the 50 something Beverly hills real housewives

Quite enjoying the NY spinoff but missing Christine!

Can Christine and Dr C have their own show please?

They seem so nice - successful business, charity donations, good relationship and cute little baby G. Seemed very genuine in letting viewers in on about the struggles of having a 2nd child. She seems to spend her days how I'd love to if I was rich, by wearing fabulous outfits, having celeb friends (when Mila Kunis came up to her!) and spending time with family and friends.

Christine has a great balance of seeming confident but also a little shy/insecure at times which makes her come across as authentic.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Agreed about Dorothy. Jett, Lynn and Richard are also strange. I'm on ep 8 or something so I am still watching but the LA version is definitely much better.

Quite enjoying the NY spinoff but missing Christine!

Can Christine and Dr C have their own show please?

They seem so nice - successful business, charity donations, good relationship and cute little baby G. Seemed very genuine in letting viewers in on about the struggles of having a 2nd child. She seems to spend her days how I'd love to if I was rich, by wearing fabulous outfits, having celeb friends (when Mila Kunis came up to her!) and spending time with family and friends.

Christine has a great balance of seeming confident but also a little shy/insecure at times which makes her come across as authentic.
Really? I thought the whole fertility thing came across scripted and she interacted with Baby G as if he was one of her Birkins. And of course she seemed to use everyone around her for something, used Kane to get to Anna etc.

God watching Dorothy on that pizza date, imagine a main topic of conversation on one of your first dates being about how you are "90% gluten free" I feel bored watching it I cannot imagine how he feels being on it 😅😆

• Haha
Jett is really camp. Both Lynn and Jett are really annoying and I don't understand their relationship. Weird dynamic. Also as someone else said, the interaction between Jett and Blake was so uncomfortable to watch.

Reactions: 3
Yeah everything is strange about this series. I don’t think I’d bother watching if they do another series. I’ll stick with the LA version of the show.

Dorothy is so unlikeable. Get rid of her and let the others have more screen time.

Sad. She never looked healthy to me to be honest, always seemed to be on substances. RIP.

Favourite Anna one-liner:

Reactions: 7