Black Mirror

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot remember the name of it but one episode that often plays on my mind is that one where the (presuMbly) paedophile basically has to live the same day over and over being chased. Something like that is so clever as it is far away from something you could imagine happening, yet at the same time something some people would want. The ethics of it ate what makes it amazing

Reactions: 10
I cannot remember the name of it but one episode that often plays on my mind is that one where the (presuMbly) paedophile basically has to live the same day over and over being chased. Something like that is so clever as it is far away from something you could imagine happening, yet at the same time something some people would want. The ethics of it ate what makes it amazing
White Bear

Reactions: 2
Just watching San Junipero. 20 minutes in and nothing has happened yet, is it worth continuing?! Others had my attention by now!
Most overrated episode of BM ever but you might as well finish it.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Finally finished this series (super late, I know).
Demon 79 was ok but didn’t feel very Black Mirror to me. Anyone notice the lead star’s surname was Huq? Wondered if that was a sweet homage to Konnie Huq, Charlie Brooker’s wife.

Reactions: 5
I’ve not seen the final two but liked beyond the sea. I remember really liked black museum as well, but my favourite is probably hang the dj. I love the concept of it, and I think it’s brilliantly cast too.
I expected Josh Hartnetts character to do something to trap Aaron Paul outside the aircraft at reactor four, then use his tag to go back ‘down’, knowing that his wife basically would have no choice but to go along with it, as she knew they shouldn’t have swapped tags

Reactions: 4
Finally finished this series (super late, I know).
Demon 79 was ok but didn’t feel very Black Mirror to me. Anyone notice the lead star’s surname was Huq? Wondered if that was a sweet homage to Konnie Huq, Charlie Brooker’s wife.
Didn’t notice about the surname, that’s interesting, I guess it was done purposely.
I posted this upthread re: demon 79
A5ACCE41-1C16-4C02-ABA6-259F0AB4BE31.jpeg

Not a precise order as it can vary a bit but the top, middle and bottom groups are roughly grouped

Shut Up and Dance
white Christmas
Loch Henry
Black Museum
Crocodile
Nosedive
be right back
The Waldo moment
Striking vipers (in my experience with straight guys this is completely realistic)
Hated in the nation
Entire history of you
White bear
Playtest
Men against fire
Hang the dj
San junipero
Demon 79
Arkangel
Joan is awful
Rachel Jack and Ashley too
Fifteen million merits
Beyond the sea
Mazey day
National anthem
Metal head
USS Callister
Smithereens
Bandersnatch
Mine:

Nosedive
White bear
San junipero
Joan is awful
Shut Up and Dance
Beyond the sea
Fifteen million merits
Smithereens
USS Callister
Loch Henry
Metal head
Hang the dj
Rachel Jack and Ashley too
Mazey day
Playtest
Demon 79
The Waldo moment
Striking vipers (worst one ever)

Haven’t seen/can’t remember:

be right back
Hated in the nation
Arkangel
bandersnatch
National anthem
white Christmas
Black Museum
Men against fire
Crocodile
Entire history of you

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Someone commented "the black mirror episode we deserved".

Seems to fit the old school vibe:

Reactions: 3
Feel like I've found my people on this website.

I LOVE Black Mirror almost to the point of obsession. The only episode I haven't watched is "Be Right Back", due to the subject matter I would probably find it really upsetting.

I was pleasantly surprised at the latest Season, maybe because we've all been waiting years for it.

My favourite keeps changing from Loch Henry, Demon79 and Joan is Awful.
Actually, that's probably a lie. I liked them all, the only one I wasn't keen on was Mazy Day.

• Heart
Got to say, feeling a bit smug at all the reviews online and in print and comments about how Joan is Awful was unrealistic and OTT and yet a month after its release the entirety of Hollywood has shut down and striking for the main reason as to what the plot was about.

Reactions: 7
I thought Joan is Awful was the only decent episode in the most recent series.

I thought Joan is Awful was the only decent episode in the most recent series.
Yeh it was the only one that had the similar predicting the future type theme that black mirror has done so well

Sounds like theyre bringing back USS Callister, never cared for that episode

Sounds like theyre bringing back USS Callister, never cared for that episode
I wasn’t that struck on it the first time I watched it but I’ve loved it more with every rewatch. I’m intrigued to see what they’d do with a sequel thinking characters will they follow?

I agree, I wasn't that keen on Callister the first time I watched it, but it kind of grew on me. Still isn't up there as one of my favourite five, but I'd be interested in what they do with it in the next season.

I didn't like USS Callister because the 'goodies' won over at the end. I think Black Mirror has lost most of its bleakness. I preferred those endings like The National Anthem, The Entire History Of You, White Bear, Shut Up and Dance, White Christmas, Playtest etc.

I didn't like USS Callister because the 'goodies' won over at the end. I think Black Mirror has lost most of its bleakness. I preferred those endings like The National Anthem, The Entire History Of You, White Bear, Shut Up and Dance, White Christmas, Playtest etc.
the entire history of you is so sad 😭 i love the sad ones. be right back too