Black Friday 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I purchased my favourite Elemis cleansers for 35% off! Happy with that, because they were 30% off last week and I held off purchasing. I know I only got 5% more but it tipped me over the edge 😂

I got given the small 20g one for a secret Santa last year and I loved it, I’ve really made it stretch 😂 so treated myself to100g and another 20g one for travel x

they have a really good offer on now!
Was this on their site. Love their cleansing balm and almost at the end of my tub 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 1
i got some stuff on asos which was 60-70% off and happened to be on my wishlist! i also got 2 pairs of boots on 30% off from stradivarius

i was also looking for a bag like this but couldn't find one anywhere:

View attachment 1762305

any tips maybe?
The one on the left reminds me of Cambridge satchel co bags, the one on the right makes me think of the mini mulberry alexa? I’m not a mulberry fan but the mini Alexa does look v cool IRL.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
the inkey list have 25% off and free shipping on all orders, I just ordered a mini cleansing balm for £3.74, and the shipping was totally free! Went back and ordered another one for my mum and a face mask too 😂

i got some stuff on asos which was 60-70% off and happened to be on my wishlist! i also got 2 pairs of boots on 30% off from stradivarius

i was also looking for a bag like this but couldn't find one anywhere:

View attachment 1762305

any tips maybe?
Also there's the Cambridge satchel company as well.

I lusted after a satchel but realistically I'm always carrying a lot of of items so addidas backpack it is for me.

• Heart
Asos have code ALLIN for a further 30% off.
Didn't think it would apply to things already discounted, glad I applied it.

Bought a North face coat yesterday reduced from £200 to £84. Think that's fairly good going.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Voxi run off Vodafone.

I like that their prices are reasonable and you are not tied into a 12/18/24 month contract that isn't tied into an automatic inflationary increase every year.

Smarty and GiffGaff are also two other Networks that don't have tied in contracts and inflationary increases.

Both, I believe also have good Black Friday deals.
Id mobile is the cheap 3 brand, monthly rolling Contract, all data rolled over and can switch whenever you like

Too much reading mumsnet has resulted in me buying a robot vacuum cleaner. I don’t need one, have a Henry and a handheld Shark thing already, but I’m too lazy to use them much, and this sounds fun. I think it’s a pretty tit one, but it was reduced from £219 to £99 (it’s probably always that price). The cats are going to LOVE it. (They’ll probably poo themselves in terror, and I’ll go downstairs to poomageddon).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Too much reading mumsnet has resulted in me buying a robot vacuum cleaner. I don’t need one, have a Henry and a handheld Shark thing already, but I’m too lazy to use them much, and this sounds fun. I think it’s a pretty tit one, but it was reduced from £219 to £99 (it’s probably always that price). The cats are going to LOVE it. (They’ll probably poo themselves in terror, and I’ll go downstairs to poomageddon).
Do you reckon one will sit on it whilst it’s moving?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Needed a new hairdryer and managed to get a good deal from GHD.
usually £119, paid £84, incl free shipping and free gift. That included a Blue Light Card discount.

Also bought some candles from Bella Freud, usually £50 each, down to £37.5 each. Very pleased with that.

Reactions: 4
The only thing I bought at black Friday discount was the Kinvara 24Hr Rosehip Face Serum that I had wanted to get away. Down from €32.95 to €24.71 plus postage. Not a massive saving but at least it was something I wanted!

Screenshot_20221128-094956_Chrome.jpg

the inkey list have 25% off and free shipping on all orders, I just ordered a mini cleansing balm for £3.74, and the shipping was totally free! Went back and ordered another one for my mum and a face mask too 😂
thanks for mentioning this! ended up being 30% off for cyber monday so going to force my dad into a skincare routine via his xmas gift 😅

• Heart
Id mobile is the cheap 3 brand, monthly rolling Contract, all data rolled over and can switch whenever you like
I think people should move over to monthly rolling contracts.

If is better for your wallet and you are free to swap plans (and networks) after a month.

You are also not stung with RPI/CPI +3.9% increases each year.

Next year, these are estimated to be around 15%.

EE, Vodafone, Three and 02 all put premiums on the monthly contracts they offer, to discourage take up. Prices only become more reasonable for contracts of 18 months upwards

They all want you tied in for as long as possible. Hence why 36 month (3 year) contracts are now becoming more readily available.

With that length of contract, they know they can get two (if not three) prices rises out of you.

It's also been said that the big four essentially operate in a cartel.

Such 'dick moves' by the big four include, but are not limited to:

- Higher prices for low data contracts
- Higher prices for shorter term contracts.
- Mid contract price rises. Three were the first to implement this policy.
- Mid contract rises that moved from RPI to RPI/CPI +3.9%
- Reduction of 'unlimited plans' from over 1TB data to around 600-650GB.
- Refusing to split phone and plan costs. Only Vodafone does. EE have been forever 'trialing' this. Essentially means you stop paying the phone cost element when your contract is up.
- Adding perks to plans then 'nerfing' them later on. EE 'always on Data' was around 2Mbps speed, now 0.5 Mbps. Three got rid of 'Go Binge'.
- Not charging extra for 5G, but bringing in plans that limit speed.
- EE were the first to axe EU roaming. It wasn't long until Vodafone and Three did the same. With 02 'nerfing' the perk.

When one typically changes the goalposts, it isn't long until the others do something similar.