Bizarre grandparent behaviour.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reviving this thread
---
Today we saw grandma 1 along with an auntie and grandma and granddad 2. I can't sleep. Thoughts of how 💩 they are are upsetting me and making me angry. I don't know what I can do about it either. I love my daughter so much and it hurts when I see she isn't respected and isn't seen. I feel like she's used as grand parent status. Both sets of grandparents have a thought about what they want her to do, how they want her to play, what they want her to be interested in, so when she does what she wants and pays attention to things she finds interesting they act like she's wrong or she's not doing something properly or she's upset them!! It's bizarre! Most of the time they go 'do you want to do this? No??!! okay then' one set doesn't give her chance, every other second there going what's this then, or shaking a different toy etc how is she meant to concentrate. The other set is just literally mind boggling, I can't understand what they're about and they're my parents! It just feels like everything is about them and everytime I come home feeling so upset and sorry for my daughter and let down. I know I should think their loss they've got someone great here and they can't appreciate her but at the same time ... why can't you f ing appreciate her! One set goes on and on about their grandson, similar age, as if it's their son!? Showing me videos and telling me what he's been upto...!? Wtf! I'm telling you about your granddaughter and what she's been upto, interested? I get no questions from either set. No asking how she is, what's she loving atm, what she's been upto, what new things has she learnt to do etc. No messages of asking to meet up, going on outings or joining our normal walks. One grandma was telling me today about playgrounds.... And how her grandson does this there etc. As if I haven't been going to one every other day for a year and a half!? I'm just so completely confused and angry and upset and feel invisible and heartbroken. Literally wtf?!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2