Big Brother Gossip #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Alex Sibley has now deleted that Little Britain tweet 👀
Doesn't make him appear any better. Repulsive racist misogynist.

That tweet where he manages to shoehorn in his own catwalk career, whilst pretending to admire Jade Goody's son, is hilarious - narcissism at its finest. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 8
Who else is watching tonight’s episode? I remember at the time I thought Sandy was an obnoxious idiot but now I’m the same age as Sandy was at the time I can kind of see how he probably found lots of the younger housemates a bit irritating 😂
I feel exactly the same, he came over as being quite wise whereas originally I couldn't stand him and thought he was pompous and nasty.

Reactions: 2
In case Alex was wondering, lots of fat women, and thin women, objected to the misogynistic portrayals of women in Little Britain.

Reactions: 6
That episode they showed last week with Nick was so uncomfortable to watch. I watched it when it was on but again, I was pretty young, and I hated Nick, thought he was an arse and could see why they were having a go. Fast forward 20 years and I just felt so sorry for him. Yes, he was a bit of a knob with the notes but he didn't deserve to be ganged up on and have his case rifled through. I felt like crying watching it again!

Reactions: 10
That episode they showed last week with Nick was so uncomfortable to watch. I watched it when it was on but again, I was pretty young, and I hated Nick, thought he was an arse and could see why they were having a go. Fast forward 20 years and I just felt so sorry for him. Yes, he was a bit of a knob with the notes but he didn't deserve to be ganged up on and have his case rifled through. I felt like crying watching it again!
They all ganged up on him, didn't they? Classic bullying - although he had been a sneaky git, I now think he was just trying to make it a bit more interesting. He did quite well out of the 'Nasty Nick' label though, iirc.

Reactions: 11
I fancied Lee first, then Spencer, then Alex after the hiding behind the door incident 😅 I was 13 and fickle with my crushes!

I really miss the simplicity of how people looked back then in BB3 era... Loose trousers, plain tshirts and minimal effort with hair and makeup. It was normal to be a bit of a tomboy. No extensions, salon nails or false lashes etc. Such a simple time!
I know what you mean, the girls all looked normal. I remember this era well and you could go clubbing or to a bar in a smart pair of jeans and nice top. Now I doubt they’d even let you in dressed like that.

Also the thing Ive noticed most about Chantelle in the reruns is how awful her hair extensions were. They look so cheap and plastic. Extensions for ‘normal‘ people was a really new thing then, they’ve definitely improved!

Reactions: 13
I'm really disappointed in the episodes that are showing. They are so boring. Last night's with bb3 was shockingly bad. Bb3 was my favourite series, loved kate, love jonny, loved Spencer, hated Alex and hated sandy. They didnt even show sandy peeing in the bin.

I think c4 is scared of embarrassing and upsetting people who have probably created new lives trying to forget about their behaviour in bb. I can see why but it just seems so sanitised and has lost that original spark bb had.

Alex was always a dick in my opinion. I never ubderst6why Kate played follow the bus with him. He's so unattractive in many ways nasty piece of work.

Also agree with posters talking about Jade's weight. She had a beautiful figure. I remember Kate putting a lot of weight on in that series too because she was upset her eviction outfit wouldn't fit.

I like the way the girls look with their fresh skin, normal hair and snaggle teeth. And I'm saying snaggle teeth in a good way! Now they would all have perfectly straight, blinding white dentures, I mean veneers...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
They all ganged up on him, didn't they? Classic bullying - although he had been a sneaky git, I now think he was just trying to make it a bit more interesting. He did quite well out of the 'Nasty Nick' label though, iirc.

It was horrible to watch but when I first watched it I thought it was great. You could see him getting upset but they just kept going. He's now my favourite of that series 😂😂

I'm really disappointed in the episodes that are showing. They are so boring. Last night's with bb3 was shockingly bad. Bb3 was my favourite series, loved kate, love jonny, loved Spencer, hated Alex and hated sandy. They didnt even show sandy peeing in the bin.

I think c4 is scared of embarrassing and upsetting people who have probably created new lives trying to forget about their behaviour in bb. I can see why but it just seems so sanitised and has lost that original spark bb had.

Alex was always a dick in my opinion. I never ubderst6why Kate played follow the bus with him. He's so unattractive in many ways nasty piece of work.

Also agree with posters talking about Jade's weight. She had a beautiful figure. I remember Kate putting a lot of weight on in that series too because she was upset her eviction outfit wouldn't fit.

I like the way the girls look with their fresh skin, normal hair and snaggle teeth. And I'm saying snaggle teeth in a good way! Now they would all have perfectly straight, blinding white dentures, I mean veneers...

I love how natural they all are! I wish I that was still the norm now instead of all the fake tit. Everyone looks the same now, it's sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Veneers are essentially dentures, aren't they? Just permanent ones, glued to the stumps of the original teeth. I'm not a fan of brown teeth or missing teeth but I much prefer proper teeth, not ceramic ones. I think it spoils a film too - I was watching Nicholas Cage in some film recently, playing an alcoholic down and out, and his teeth were pristine, all white and even. Anyway that's off topic :D

A lot of women these days conform to a certain look, slim but with big boobs, long hair, tanned skin, heavy eyebrows, plump lips - bring back the natural look!

I think everyone piled on weight in that BB - they did an awful lot of eating!! And drinking! <jealous, not judging>

Reactions: 9

I think you might have a point, when it was first announced that E4 were going to be reshowing episodes there were press reports that some ex housemates were worried about what would be shown. Many of them have got married, had children who might be old enough to watch it, have professional careers etc. But then it’s never been hard to find old episodes if you look for them, they turn up on Youtube all the time.

Reactions: 5
Yes I didn’t really watch the first couple of series as I was a bit young so only saw the headlines about Nick and last week was my first time watching it and I felt really sorry for him! Seemed like he was the only one trying to play a game.
That always used to make me laugh on Bb, someone would give an outraged cry of “they’re playing a game!” Well yes, it is a game show after all.
But as has been pointed out, he did do well out being Nasty Nick

Reactions: 4

It was a bit of a random BB3 episode. You'd think they would have shown something like when they were all drinking and Jade stripped off or at least something memorable. Definitely playing it safe and showing episodes that won't be controversial.

Anyone else find themselves googling the housemates out of curiosity when watching it? I forgot that Lee and Sophie got married, had a baby and then promptly got divorced.

Kate, PJ, Jonny and Alison are still good friends it seems. Kate maintains that Alex and Sandy were absolute dicks and PJ said Sandy left the house and then never spoke to anyone again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The BB3 episode wasn’t even one episode, it was like a mash up episode over a week, starting with Alison getting evicted and ending with Sandy who walked 6 days later so I was just left feeling a bit...you chose to air what you did out of 6 whole episodes? Surely there must have been other stuff to include?

Reactions: 3
I think they just wanted to shoehorn Alison Hammond in so that’s why they showed her eviction. She left do early that most people forget she started off in Big Brother. I remember being gutted at the time, she was a big loss to the series IMO.

Sandy was a prick. Nothing to do with his age and being older, he just thought he was better than the rest of them.

Reactions: 10
Surely there must have been other stuff to include?
Yes definitely! I don't think they showed Kate and Jonny's chicken dance.

Stealing chocolate and cider(?) from the rich side's fridge.

Tim shaving his chest.

The drunken games they used to play, cardboard cereal box game and spinning their head on the garden brush...

Anything with Jade, love her or loathe her, she was tv gold in this series. I can understand that they would deal with jade in a sensitive manner however. But surely she had better moments than the ones shown last night...East Angular wasn't on as far as I can remember...(had a busy day!)

Allison and her broken bench hahahah I loved Allison. She should have lasted longer, especially as she was up against Sandy. It's a fix!!!! 😏

Jonny was hilarious too, as a fellow north easterer, he reminded me of so many typical, but fun, lads I know and have grown up with. Sandy's telling him he was 'basic' before basic was a thing was really hurtful and Jonny was blatently gutted, but still took it on the chin.

Legendary series. I might not bother with the rest because they ruined this series for me...I'm off to watch them on YouTube now, screw you C4!

Did anyone here like Helen Wood? She was vile, I still don't understand how she won.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.