Big Boys - Channel 4/all4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't quite understand the last episode, but the guy in the taxi is the creator of series Jack Rooke!
Yeah and he is also the narrator which surprises me as the narrator sounds exactly like the lead guy

Reactions: 2
I’m glad there’s a thread on this! I started watching last week, think I’m up to episode 2 of season 2. I really like it, it’s got heartwarming humour and reminds me a bit of Gavin and Stacey in that way.
The guy who plays Danny, I really like - his name is Jon pointing and he was in a series I watched last year called Smothered, which was ok. I’m surprised he’s not done more though, I think he’s really good.

Took me a while to realise that Jack is the guy from Derry Girls though.

Reactions: 3
Aww I just finished this, really liked it. A few things were throwing me though.

I was convinced Corrine hadn’t had an abortion and was getting upset in the hospital because she was still pregnant, and scared

When Jack Rooke first appeared in episode 4 I thought there was going to be some sort of foreshadowing that Jack would die when the show comes to an end, but then realised that it wouldn’t make sense, and now think that it might be Danny that will die?

Also was confused at the start of episode 4, did they beat Danny’s dad up for being gay? I didn’t get that part

For fans of The Traitors I was Googling to see if Big Boys was coming back for a third series and Jack Rooke said if the show is green lit for series 3 he wants Diane to make a cameo. So fingers crossed it is because he seems in the mood to want to write it 🤞🏽

Reactions: 1
Binge watched it LOVED IT. I was at uni during the time period so brought back loads of memories. The cultural references yes not that long ago but u just forget. Eg the picture of the dress, the ice bucket challenge. Those silly traffic coloured parties. The music was on point. There was not one character I didn't like. I laughed out loud and cried. Really really brillant show.

Reactions: 4
Binge watched it LOVED IT. I was at uni during the time period so brought back loads of memories. The cultural references yes not that long ago but u just forget. Eg the picture of the dress, the ice bucket challenge. Those silly traffic coloured parties. The music was on point. There was not one character I didn't like. I laughed out loud and cried. Really really brillant show.
I was shocked the dress pic and ice bucket challenge were that long ago

• Haha
I was shocked the dress pic and ice bucket challenge were that long ago
I think it said on screen it was set in 2014 not 2003?

Just finished episode 6 and am sad to say goodbye to the series as I loved it, although I have a headache from crying during the final episode haha 😅
Aww I just finished this, really liked it. A few things were throwing me though.

I was convinced Corrine hadn’t had an abortion and was getting upset in the hospital because she was still pregnant, and scared

When Jack Rooke first appeared in episode 4 I thought there was going to be some sort of foreshadowing that Jack would die when the show comes to an end, but then realised that it wouldn’t make sense, and now think that it might be Danny that will die?

Also was confused at the start of episode 4, did they beat Danny’s dad up for being gay? I didn’t get that part

For fans of The Traitors I was Googling to see if Big Boys was coming back for a third series and Jack Rooke said if the show is green lit for series 3 he wants Diane to make a cameo. So fingers crossed it is because he seems in the mood to want to write it 🤞🏽
The fight kicked off because Danny's dad was being a drunk, homophobic hole

Reactions: 1
I think it said on screen it was set in 2014 not 2003?

Just finished episode 6 and am sad to say goodbye to the series as I loved it, although I have a headache from crying during the final episode haha 😅

The fight kicked off because Danny's dad was being a drunk, homophobic hole
Yeah ift started in 2003 with a flashback and then the bulk of it is 2014, but even then I'm shocked those were that long ago. A decade now.

Yeah ift started in 2003 with a flashback and then the bulk of it is 2014, but even then I'm shocked those were that long ago. A decade now.
My husband and I started dating in 2003 and got married in 2015, and I'm permanently horrified by how long ago they are/that 2015 wasn't just 3 or 4 years ago haha 😅 hearing the music and all the references in Big Boys from 2014 felt so recent and yet forever ago!

Just had a browse online and so pleased by all the glowing reviews the series has got!

• Haha
Ah I loved this. Felt like a love letter to men’s mental health. Jon Pointing is on another cute sitcom called Smothered that I also loved!

Reactions: 3
I think Jon Pointing is a good actor, even thought so back when he was on the Weetabix advert. Lots of charisma.

It’s a god series but I don’t really like the gay guy putting his straight friend on a pedastal. Sometimes it feels a bit off.