Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

G+T

VIP Member
Binge watched it LOVED IT. I was at uni during the time period so brought back loads of memories. The cultural references yes not that long ago but u just forget. Eg the picture of the dress, the ice bucket challenge. Those silly traffic coloured parties. The music was on point. There was not one character I didn't like. I laughed out loud and cried. Really really brillant show.

Reactions: 4

Mark81

VIP Member
@Mark81 have you finished season 2, what did you think?
I thought it was ok, too much of the pregnant cousin, wonder if they'll do a third season?
I love Dan too!!
Yes I have.i thought it was great on the whole but yes, too much of the cousin and mum.

The final episode was a bit weak but did have some quite moving moments.

From the ending I couldn't work our if there would be a series 3 or not. I hope so as I think they have loads more to tell. Especially if they just focus on the 4 friends

Reactions: 3

Kerrie86

Chatty Member
Iā€™m glad thereā€™s a thread on this! I started watching last week, think Iā€™m up to episode 2 of season 2. I really like it, itā€™s got heartwarming humour and reminds me a bit of Gavin and Stacey in that way.
The guy who plays Danny, I really like - his name is Jon pointing and he was in a series I watched last year called Smothered, which was ok. Iā€™m surprised heā€™s not done more though, I think heā€™s really good.

Took me a while to realise that Jack is the guy from Derry Girls though.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Ah I loved this. Felt like a love letter to menā€™s mental health. Jon Pointing is on another cute sitcom called Smothered that I also loved!

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Yeah ift started in 2003 with a flashback and then the bulk of it is 2014, but even then I'm shocked those were that long ago. A decade now.
My husband and I started dating in 2003 and got married in 2015, and I'm permanently horrified by how long ago they are/that 2015 wasn't just 3 or 4 years ago haha šŸ˜… hearing the music and all the references in Big Boys from 2014 felt so recent and yet forever ago!

Just had a browse online and so pleased by all the glowing reviews the series has got!

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Mark81

VIP Member
I didn't quite understand the last episode, but the guy in the taxi is the creator of series Jack Rooke!
Yeah and he is also the narrator which surprises me as the narrator sounds exactly like the lead guy

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I'm stuck at home with covid so have just watched all episodes and thought it was really good.

Mark81

VIP Member
I think it said on screen it was set in 2014 not 2003?

Just finished episode 6 and am sad to say goodbye to the series as I loved it, although I have a headache from crying during the final episode haha šŸ˜…

The fight kicked off because Danny's dad was being a drunk, homophobic arsehole
Yeah ift started in 2003 with a flashback and then the bulk of it is 2014, but even then I'm shocked those were that long ago. A decade now.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I finished this last night. LOVED it! I hope thereā€™s a second series but even if there isnā€™t, this was a good show.

Mark81

VIP Member
Just watched the first episode on all4 (all episodes online) and so far so good. Some genuinely laugh out loud moments so curious to see how to develops

Mark81

VIP Member
Just finished the first episode, second starting channel4+1 right now. Loved the first ep!

ā€œNoooo, I canā€™t get a cab, my dad was a black cab driverā€
ā€œYour dad was not black, you liarā€ šŸ˜‚

I am really enjoying this so far. Like you said, genuine laugh out loud moments, the jokes come fast and itā€™s my type of humour. And the characters so far are really funny and likeable and interesting.
Glad it's not just me haha. I've almost binged it all and there's a nice balance between humour and some more serious and emotional moments

Just finished it...loved it, got more depth than first episode suggests and even got me a little emotional at moments. So well acted.

Also the guy playing jack is basically a young Jonathan Creek

Last edited:

Mark81

VIP Member
Binge watched it LOVED IT. I was at uni during the time period so brought back loads of memories. The cultural references yes not that long ago but u just forget. Eg the picture of the dress, the ice bucket challenge. Those silly traffic coloured parties. The music was on point. There was not one character I didn't like. I laughed out loud and cried. Really really brillant show.
I was shocked the dress pic and ice bucket challenge were that long ago

• Haha

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Just finished the first episode, second starting channel4+1 right now. Loved the first ep!

ā€œNoooo, I canā€™t get a cab, my dad was a black cab driverā€
ā€œYour dad was not black, you liarā€ šŸ˜‚

I am really enjoying this so far. Like you said, genuine laugh out loud moments, the jokes come fast and itā€™s my type of humour. And the characters so far are really funny and likeable and interesting.

Last edited: