Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

curiouserandcuriouser2022

It arrived yesterday and I used it on my chest, hands and on the top of the head (apparently it can help with hair growth and I've quite fine hair). It fitted nicely on both for me and I feel that the this and the face mask can actually over most body parts well. I've not used one of the masks yet.

I'm only in my 30s and my chest and neck aren't too bad but I'm pale and have a lot of freckles on my chest from not properly covering up when younger.

I'm trying to get back into a routine using my devices as I've not been the best at using them the last few months partially due to work being stressful and my mental health not being the best. I start a new job on Monday which requires me to leave the house by 6.30/6.45 so I'm using this week to try and get jnto a routine and get on top of cleaning my house.

I'm.planning on using the NuFace and Led masks each week day and the Sensica and my UFO on the weekends. I've also got the Espeda for breakouts.
Best of luck with your new purchase, new job and new beauty routine! I bought the Dennis Gross Eyeware and Chest/Neck LED mask last year and really like them. I feel like wearing the Eyeware, just for the three minutes required each day gives me a gentle mood lift. Anything else is a bonus. I’ve become lazy with my UFO2 and Bear/Bear Mini….but you’re inspiring me to dust them off and get going with them again. Thank you!

Reactions: 4

Aude

VIP Member
I'm due to report back on the Nira which I've been using since the beginning of the year - but I keep putting it off because I'm still not sure what I think of it.

The Nira was approved - in the US - for treating under-eye wrinkles but it can be used for other small areas elsewhere. You're supposed to use it daily and to see results in 90 days. It's very quick and easy to use.

I've been using it only on my upper lip lines. For the first three months I used it twice a day (which is permitted) but have recently dropped back to once a day. I think there might have been a slight, but not really significant, improvement. Overall, I'd say I was disappointed with the results.

One unexpected downside I found was that I became too noticing of my upper lip lines - looking daily to see if they'd improved or not. Clearly, not a great idea.

Angie (HotandFlashy) is still enthusiastic about the Nira. She has a recent video comparing and contrasting the three devices she regularly uses: NuFace, LED mask and the Nira. If she had to recommend just one, she says she'd recommend the LED mask.

Aude

VIP Member
I haven't received it nor have I had the order cancelled.

After reading your post I went back through my email to see when it was supposed to have been delivered (I had a vague memory of it being a more than usually long delivery time). I found an email from CurrentBody the day after I'd ordered it saying there was 'a stock delay' and they'd be getting stock on 18 December and would ship it then. I hadn't read the email at the time - assumed it was just confirming the order. Maybe that 'delay' email is a prelude to cancelling my order altogether?

I'm thinking now about getting the other model. I did at the time hesitate between the two.
@SoRelatable I got an email from CurrentBody saying Nira stock not now expected until late December. I'll have completely lost interest by the time it arrives (if ever). They've given me a 10% off my next purchase code in compensation for the delay.

• Wow
  • Sad

Aude

VIP Member
Re nuface, I'm on my third device (mini) and had been using it 5 days/week for the last three weeks and this morning it wouldn't turn on. I only charged it last week so it has a full battery. Has anyone else had issues and had multiple devices?? Are they known for dying on users?? Ridiculous.
My first NuFace Mini stopped working after two years. Even though it was slightly out of guarantee, CurrentBody replaced it. My replacement NuFace Mini is still going strong - touch wood - after three years. I think that's pretty good going. I use it around every other day.

Given the price, I wouldn't buy a device that didn't have a reasonable length guarantee.

This is my understanding- an LED mask is aimed at wrinkles/ texture rather than firming, it's not going to firm up a slack jawline or anything. However, they do stimulate collagen production so they will indirectly help with skin firming in the long run although it won't cure existing slackness IYSWIM. If that's your concern though you're best off getting a device that's aimed at that like microcurrent or a radiofrequency device

I can't recommend the Nuface enoigh but it does need to be used almost daily to work. If you find devices time consuming I'd recommend the Sensilift or Sensilift Mini. It's a longer treatment than a Nuface/ microcurrent but you only need to do it once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month thereafter so one long session might be better suited to you than daily sessions

Mod edit fixing typo as requested
I second this about LED and Nuface.

I don't have much experience of Sensilift (even though I've had one for for several years I've never got into the habit of using it regularly).

Reactions: 3

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Have just used my UFO again for the first time in ages and oh my god I had forgotten how amazing it makes me feel. Really need to get back into the habit of using it weekly as it honestly feels like I've been for a proper facial
New year, new self care routines 💅🏻

I also got my first BIAB manicure nearly two weeks ago as my nails just break so easily. My auntie swears by Sillica complex so I've started taking that too.

Roisin Dubh

VIP Member
Ive had electrolysis on my eyebrows. Absolutely fantastic. But i had it done by somebody very experienced. No hair has grown back and the cost was v reasonable. Id absolutely recommend it as a hair removal option but do think its better to find an experienced therapist to do it.

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Checking in here as my new years resolution is going to be to actually use my nuface(s) and led masks every day! gonna start in the break between christmas and new year

oh I've also just emailed dermatica for a re-consultation!
I’ve been really good with my LED and also my Sensica mini - started a top up course after a break during summer. You’ll be so glad you did! I’m doing this so I can justify a bear mini in the new year (see, old self! I DO use all my devices) 😂😂

• Haha

Pavlova&Cream

Julian Rowe-Jones might be worth a consultation. He does functional and aesthetic nose work. Based in the SE though but a good nose is worth travelling for.
I had a consultation with Julian. I didn’t warm to him at all.

The two on my short list were Mr Jag Charna and Charles East.
Thank you both. Perhaps we’ll start with a day trip to London then.

D2them

Run don't walk. Currentbody has reduced the Sensica Sensilift Mini Skin Tightening Device from £179 to £108. I've had my eye on it for a while after my 3rd nuface mini died on me so I couldn't buy it fast enough! Like the fact it's a once a week thing rather than 5 days/week!
Anyway thought I would share the love!

• Heart

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I’ve restocked my UFO masks now it’s autumn/winter and Cult Beauty have deals so I plunged right in .

Love an LED treatment then a mask , my skin looks and feels very happy!

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
On another note I was shocked to see how much the Nuface gel has gone up in price. I hadn't bought any in a while and I noticed the 296ml aqua gel is now approx €90. WTF!
I think the branded gels and serums are a bit of a con tbh. In a real pinch you could just use standard medical conductive gel (although you'd want to wipe it off!) but aloe vera gel mixed with a cheap and cheerful HA serum works fine, and a few people I know use this:

7E Wellness ReStore Conductive Gel with Bio-Active Complex - 4oz - Facial Skin Care Products with Green Tea Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, and Collagen Peptides - Anti Aging and Skin Tightening https://amzn.eu/d/fjE9os3

Villanelly

VIP Member
Julian Rowe-Jones might be worth a consultation. He does functional and aesthetic nose work. Based in the SE though but a good nose is worth travelling for.

• Heart

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Argh, argh. Help. I’ve just shaken a bottle of serum in the bathroom, and because I was in front of a mirror, I saw the jowl directly under my chin wobbling visibly. Is there anything short of actual surgery that could sort this out? I’ve gained a bit of weight over the last couple of years, have lost half a stone in the past couple of months, so I don’t know if carrying on in that direction will sort it, or if this is just a function of ageing. I feel as though my face is just sliding down into my neck 😂🔫.

It’s really, really getting me down. Please post your miracle cures immediately, thanks.

Edit: do you think fillers could do this? I’m still quite scared of thread lifts.
I was just looking at some v chin masks after seeing them on Dr Zion’s insta 😂 apparently, some anecdotal improvement? I suffer also

For the truth

I think I said in an Earlier post that I have always been good on skin care and although I have lines I’ve never had any Botox or fillers as just didn’t think that would do what I wanted. it was just that my face seemed to fall forward and it was so age ing. I was at a wedding last year and someone I hadn’t seen for ages didn’t recognise me and that kind of shook me. I’m kind of impulsive by nature so tend to act and then deal with any fall out.

Very new to this thread but loving it!!I have a ufo, led mask and spend way too much on skincare. I also have a little botox now worn off on the frown lines. Do people rate Profhilio? I see a big push for it now. Sorry if this has already been covered!

Mamacita

VIP Member
Speaking of NuFace, does everyone only use the official primer/gel? A friend mentioned they use some mix of snail mucin and hyaluronic acid lotion as a cheaper alternative, and I have seen some people say they use aloe vera gel but how conductive that is seems up for debate. Wondering if there are cheaper alternatives that are still effective!
I use ultrasound gel from Amazon 😅 it's like a fiver for two bottles. The gel that came with my device was breaking me out I think

givemethenight

Does anyone use an IPL for hair removal? When should I start seeing results? I know it says 8-12 weeks for full results, but I’m 6 weeks in with NONE at all - hair is still growing back just as thick, just as quick! I guess I was just hoping for SOME sort of encouraging sign by now.

I didn’t use it on its full setting the first 2 weeks as I was a bit scared of it, but 4 weeks of proper use and nothing has changed? I use it twice per week as advised and really take my time with it to cover the area properly.

I’m olive skinned with very dark hair so should be a good candidate.

Have I just bought a shit product? It was the Diamond Skin Pro which had good reviews. Am I just being impatient? X