Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually don’t know much about her but how is her life just ‘trotting’ from one expensive gym class to another, buying clothes, getting takeaways and writing her new book? Has she made that much money off her old books/social media? Is she from a mega rich family?

Reactions: 13
Screenshot_20230427-104125.png

This, from an interview in December, is interesting.

Also interesting is the photo that the author used to advertise it on Twitter. It seems that it's been changed to a different one in the blog. Bethany didn't look like this in December.

Screenshot_20230427-104259.png

Reactions: 3
View attachment 2130848
This, from an interview in December, is interesting.

Also interesting is the photo that the author used to advertise it on Twitter. It seems that it's been changed to a different one in the blog. Bethany didn't look like this in December.

View attachment 2130849
This is interesting. She's really afraid of backlash if she openly talks about the weightless. But at the same time in the photos she looks pleased about it. It's Schroedingers weightloss - both does and does not exist!

Reactions: 7
I actually don’t know much about her but how is her life just ‘trotting’ from one expensive gym class to another, buying clothes, getting takeaways and writing her new book? Has she made that much money off her old books/social media? Is she from a mega rich family?
Yeah I don't get it either. In central London too! Her books don't seem like huge bestsellers and I can't imagine she gets big advances. Her husband is an "artist" and theatre usher (I think?) so not a highly paid job either.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I don't get it either. In central London too! Her books don't seem like huge bestsellers and I can't imagine she gets big advances. Her husband is an "artist" and theatre usher (I think?) so not a highly paid job either.
She did at one point explain how she was rinsing the ‘join free for a month’ gym memberships 🤔

ETA I know that sounds a bit like not drinking lattes to buy your first home, but free gym, no transport costs (cos she walks), lots of free books from her publisher and I think she is still on PR lists for other freebies = some disposable income to spend on lunch out.

She’s from a wealthy family. Probably bankrolled to some degree I’d imagine. Wonder if her husbands family are wealthy too? They bought a flat in London, so definitely not without means.

Reactions: 6
She’s from a wealthy family. Probably bankrolled to some degree I’d imagine. Wonder if her husbands family are wealthy too? They bought a flat in London, so definitely not without means.
Pretty sure they rent their flat, not own it. Or at least i think that's what she's said before.

She did at one point explain how she was rinsing the ‘join free for a month’ gym memberships 🤔

ETA I know that sounds a bit like not drinking lattes to buy your first home, but free gym, no transport costs (cos she walks), lots of free books from her publisher and I think she is still on PR lists for other freebies = some disposable income to spend on lunch out.
Haha yeah that’s fair enough, I guess just like disposable income suggests she has income coming in but I don’t understand where it’s coming from considering she literally seems to do nothing (apart from her books ofc, who knows maybe they are big money spinners …) Having read back through this thread though it seems it’s been a question from the start (looks like she did copywriting for brands and stuff but not enough to support her lifestyle?) so guess it must be the bank of mum and dad at some point!

Yes. Her dad is an agent to film and TV performers and I believe from inherited wealth too. Her husband’s family are loaded. She is astoundingly rich. The kind of rich that knows how to just skirt over the exact numbers so if you aren’t you won’t clock it immediately.
It’s not that hidden though: she basically doesn’t work, the parents bought the house, she can only eat eggs from hens called Gertrude and notice her gym do not give sponsorship or influencer perks and their membership starts about £150 a month.

She is hoping her Vinted habit, bus trips and love of Greggs hid the trust fund baby truth.

• Wow
Yes. Her dad is an agent to film and TV performers and I believe from inherited wealth too. Her husband’s family are loaded. She is astoundingly rich. The kind of rich that knows how to just skirt over the exact numbers so if you aren’t you won’t clock it immediately.
It’s not that hidden though: she basically doesn’t work, the parents bought the house, she can only eat eggs from hens called Gertrude and notice her gym do not give sponsorship or influencer perks and their membership starts about £150 a month.

She is hoping her Vinted habit, bus trips and love of Greggs hid the trust fund baby truth.
Do you know her IRL? Her husband doesn't seem wealthy at all to me!! This is the same man who was selling badges made from his hair :sick: 😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Do you know her IRL? Her husband doesn't seem wealthy at all to me!! This is the same man who was selling badges made from his hair :sick: 😭
Our paths have crossed but I don’t know her. I did know some of her previous more alternative friends and money was a big factor in the many dramas.

The husband‘s family I believe have lots of land in a wealthy area in Lancashire and he works the cinema job as much as she weites books as a hobby job while he pursues his art and poetry etc. There was a residency in Norway just before they married (I think) and several ‘knew of her mutuals’ genuinely assumed he was a doctor because how else could you afford weeks in Norway? It waa spoken word stuff and improv!

There is no way either of them could afford their lives without ‘passive income’ probably parental. Which eh, lots of people do especially in publishing and art but I respect it more if you quietly acknowledge it like her current weight loss.

That said I believe she was pretty generous and thoughtful when her friend crowd waa more varied of income and it might have started off just discreet online as in IRL but has started to get a bit humblebrag with the gym, the how many West End theatre tickets, holidays booked recently? Or she isn’t declaring all her gifted stuff…

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I mean come on that is clearly rich boy behaviour LBR!!!! No one who actually had to work for a living would think that a suitable or respectable way to put food on the table.

• Haha
How long has she been running for? It seems bonkers that she's lost sooo much weight so quickly by doing some running and not very much else.

She does some form of exercise almost daily. Spinning, weights, yoga, running etc.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.