Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There has been some discussion about Bethany Rutter on other plus size influencers' threads, so I thought it was time for a thread of her own.

Currently Bethany has been talking about a shop called Tort that resell Ali Express hair accessories for crazy prices. My guess is that this is either an undisclosed freebie or Bethany is just too loaded to care.
Screenshot_20200522-220417.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
There has been some discussion about Bethany Rutter on other plus size influencers' threads, so I thought it was time for a thread of her own.

Currently Bethany has been talking about a shop called Tort that resell Ali Express hair accessories for crazy prices. My guess is that this is either an undisclosed freebie or Bethany is just too loaded to care.View attachment 136689
I don’t follow her but who buys two hair clips that look like something you’d find at the bottom of your childhood dress up box for £22 😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I find her and her husband such an unlikely pair! Whatever floats your boat I suppose..

article-2265612-17049667000005DC-994_634x684.jpg

Amazing how much she's changed over the years! This photo was from her queer and polyamorous phase. She's certainly prettier now, but also more generic. Feels a bit like she's fallen into the 'if you're fat you'd better be pretty' trap.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I really like Bethany! I think she always looks amazing and I really admire her attitude to her body/body hair etc.

I love the book podcast she does with Alice Slater, had so many good book recommendations from there (although her frequent use of "like" and uptalk gets on my nerves a bit).

She's definitely done well for herself with her YA novels and clothes ranges etc - pleased for her as she seems like a lovely person!

Reactions: 9
Definitely a lovely girl - her book is so great, lovely that young girls can see a different kind of female heroine to the classic image they're shown

Reactions: 3
I don't follow her so much, but the 'lovely' vibes i may get from others - i do not get from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well we all have different opinions - but I’ve always had nice vibes from her. Nobody can be everybody’s cup of tea

Reactions: 1
I shared an office space with her until the start of the year... Absolute horror.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I had a colleague once who I really didn’t like at first, but then once I got to know her I really liked her. Impressions can be deceiving 🤷‍♀️

Impressions can be deceiving but the fact is she was nice to me when I was fat, then when I lost weight she started scowling at me. Body positivity only counts one way I guess

Reactions: 4
I mean to be fair I can’t really comment as I don’t know her, but I’m sorry if she made you feel like that - intentionally or otherwise. Being a bigger woman myself sometimes I feel a little bit of resentment when my friends lose weight but that’s because it’s been so hard for me as I have thyroid issues - and I know that’s wrong! So maybe she felt kind of similar (I don’t know)

Impressions can be deceiving but the fact is she was nice to me when I was fat, then when I lost weight she started scowling at me. Body positivity only counts one way I guess
Oh I'm sorry, that's really crappy ☹ Especially seeing as it was in your place of work.

How disappointing! Sorry you had to experience that.

I assume I used to work near her office as I saw her on the tube quite a few times. Always scowling! (although I have bitchy resting face so it could be that) I find her quite intimidating. Love her confidence in how she dresses, hate that health can never be mentioned in connection to obesity without being shouted down (not in reference to her, it’s rude to comment on a strangers health and body, but I doubt you could say “I want to lose weight, I’m afraid of type 2 diabetes” in front of her without it being a big deal)

I followed her ages ago and then she made a comment about how there was nothing wrong with reclining your airplane seat and I thought "nah, we're not the same type of people". She seems fine but just not my cup of tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is she seriously on Instagram comparing fatphobia to racism 😐

And for the record she is a Popular Fat Meangirl and when she’s done with you, you better believe the entire circle will be done with you too

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.