Best thing you’ve seen at a wedding?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It just seems so tacky to me, I’m usually live and let live but coke makes people act like total dicks.
Yeah it seems like a weird occasion to do coke tbh - but I suppose if (like at that wedding I went to) the couple themselves and a lot of their friends are into that sort of thing then it’s gonna happen. Still weird especially with kids and grannies everywhere 😂

Reactions: 2
MOTG....mine was a nightmare. Anyone would think it was her wedding we were planning. She was well gutted when I chose my wedding shoes....flat white ballet pumps £15.99 from Peacocks. She kept sending me links to expensive high heals knowing damn well i cannot walk in heels and I am not going to feel uncomfortable on my wedding day. She was so miffed when i shown her my flats. But look back on my wedding photos and you dont even see my feet. She was also a bit gutted that our wedding reception consisted mainly of rock music but me and DH love it and I am from a family of metal heads 🤘
Can't rock out in heels 🤣
I wore purple Dr Martens boots laced up with ivory satin ribbon - i wanted to be comfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Father of the bride stood up to speak and admitted he was so nervous,the disney song HiHo came on and 7 dwarfs came through the door carrying a huge block of ice,they proceeded to smash it up with axes!!
The father said "well that broke the ice" and gave one of the best speeches I've ever heard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
In my opinion the best weddings aren’t the big, stiff ones (insert penis joke here) but the more chilled laidback ones. Our friend’s wedding was memorable for the bride and groom ditching their posh ride to travel back to the hotel with all the guests on a bus and everyone singing ‘show me the way to go home’ together.

We had an impromptu dance off at ours. Was awesome.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The most memorable wedding I’ve been to was my husband’s ex wife’s. They had a son so we are friends. We were one of the last to walk into the ceremony and the only spaces were at the front - we knew they wanted us there, but probably not right in front of them, so we found a couple of extra chairs and squished onto them at the back with our kids. Thank god we weren’t at the front, because the bride laughed throughout the vows and then when handed her wedding certificate, celebrated by waving it aloft, shouting ‘I’m rich!’ I just managed to lift my head up inbetween uncontrollable giggles to see the stony faces of her new in laws

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When one of my neighbours got married, they had a yellow reliant Robin with Rodney and Delboy lookalikes taking the groom off to his wedding.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We made little gift bags as party favours with all sorts in, including personalised love heart sweets with our names and date of wedding on and a pack of sunflower seeds with a personalised message on to each guest!
It was really lovely, but if we could have afforded it we would have loved the personalised m&ms you can get!

Reactions: 1
how did this become common knowledge at the wedding?!?
The bride was looking for her and walked in the toilets. I mean, it wasnt hidden very well. Everyone was drunk and the bride had a breakdown. The couple scuttled off in a hurry and it just brought unnecessary drama as I don't think he was entirely single at this point. The toilets joined to the bit in between the reception room and hotel rooms so everyone was stood around drinking to witness it. Like I said, they got their vows renewed and all new photos etc

• Haha
I went to one that had cute little cartoon versions of the bride and groom on all their invites etc, and then at the actual wedding they'd had them printed into temporary tattoos (the ones you put on by soaking with water) along with the same of the date and diamonds rings and stuff. It was a great touch, and everyone loved them and ended up covered!

The best evening food I have had was a bbq. It made it such a more relaxed atmosphere with all the guests mingling and chatting. It made the wedding one of the best I have been to. Also meant the evening only guests had a decent amount of food and the day guests could just grab a burger or something not too big. Made a change to traditional buffet

Also second the posts about queues for photobooth etc killing the mood

I’m getting married in December and having Santa pop by for the kids (and big kids) 😄
My sister got married at Christmas and did this. She also had a huge Christmas tree and asked everyone to bring a bauble to decorate the tree. It was lovely. Got so many lovely baubles as gifts with messages on them

I was married over 10 years ago and only had 26 people at my wedding.... got married at 4pm..... had canapés (chicken lollipops etc) for the guests whilst we did photos (ask mum to save me some) At the meal has colouring books for the kids, and sweets in their own fancy bags, made by me, Molton Brown goodies for the ladies, and Lily O’Brien chocolates, the chaps had whisky.

The wedding invites stated surprise evening entertainment.... and luckily for us, the room opposite where we had the evening meal wasn’t in use, so they let us use that. After the meal and cake cutting, I let them know we were ready...... and had the guests follow us...the music started to play and as we opened the door the guests burst out laughing..... the music was grandstand theme tune.... it was a race night.... the tables were decorated in bunting and jockey hats for the guest, fake horse whips... it was such a laugh,with quick fire quiz rounds in between the races which also went down brilliantly. Looking back at the photos still makes me laugh people in best dress jockey hats on, facial expressions capturing screams for horses 😝😝😂😂😂

Reactions: 6
Went to a wedding couple years ago and the groom was doing it to so.... 😂
The last wedding I went to, the DJ was being chased by 3 angry guest turns out he was selling it from the DJ booth and it wasn’t the best quality 😂 the wedding had to be cut short as police arrived people were arrested.. Funniest thing is the bride walks around with her back up thinking she is better than everyone else... it was her dad, uncle & cousin who were doing the chasing 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We had a roulette table as the menfolk had the stag in Vegas.... would have been cool if we had fake money with our faces or something on too but gotta save something for the divorce party eh!

I went to a wedding that didn't have a sit down wedding breakfast, there was a food truck so people could just go and get their food when they got hungry

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a barbecue for my wedding dinner. It went down a storm. The most memorable part of my wedding, according to my guests, was my cheese board. It took up two huge trestle tables 😂

Reactions: 1
We had a cake table at the evening party, everything you could think of, and it went down a treat. I remember my brother sat at a table with a pile of 4 different flavoured doughnuts 😂
We decided on our cake 12 months before the wedding, but a few months before I saw a picture online that someone had a rally car on their cake. DH is an avid rally fan, so I had this done without him knowing. He loved it, and the car sits pride of place in his garage :)

Attachments