Best thing you’ve seen at a wedding?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A caricaturist during the drinks & canapés while bride & groom get photos done.

Live singer through the meal was amazing.

I think anything that is personal to the bride & groom makes it a lovely touch.

Not the best thing but me and some guests were guessing when the newlywed would split up. I know its awful :( but the couple should never have married.
Another wedding i went to the groom got a little touchy with his female friend during the evening reception .The brother of the bride saw and didn't tell his sister ....... :unsure:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
The French fancy cake above - that is so good!

My uncle had a ceili (spelling?) dance at his wedding with traditional music. It was fun. I love street food at weddings or any non conventional food set up basically - the sit down meal, speeches etc everyone does is so dull now. It feels like most people follow the same template for their weddings now.
Hi, it is spelled Cèilidh :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Went to a Welsh wedding and all of the men stood up and sang Bread of Heaven in the sexiest deep voices ever, most were extremely fit rugby players. I was in my element.

A different wedding and the reading was from the
Owl & the Pussycat... 😂😂 Clearly lots of dirty minds 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Used to run events at a wedding venue and the best wedding I’ve run was carnival themed. The bride made her own table centres with carnival ideas from Pinterest, hired carnival rides, candy floss stall, churros stall, the lot! The best thing though was the table plan! She got a paddling pool and filled it with rubber ducks with each guest’s face on them and their table name on the bottom, guests had to hook a duck to find out what table they were on! Everybody loved it!

Falconry, clay pigeon shooting, donkey rides and mechanical bulls are all really fun things I’ve seen too! Perfect for that in-between time after the ceremony and before the wedding breakfast or for the evening!

I’ve always found the Mother of the Groom to be a pain in the backside, not with me but with brides. I’ve seen too many brides stressed out and cry on their wedding day because something the MOTG has said. There was this one wedding where the bride, her bridesmaids and mother were staying at the hotel the night before. It wasn’t a party as such, it was just more convenient. Anyways, they’re all sitting down to dinner in the hotel restaurant chatting away and having a lovely time and who turned up? The MOTG came storming in shouting about how she’s been left out, it’s unfair that she and the groom’s sister weren’t asked to dinner and that she hopes the bride chokes on her steak😳 I was gobsmacked because things seemed to escalate so quickly! I later found out that there were a few fallouts surrounding who was in the bridal party (the sister was pissed she wasn’t asked to be a bridesmaid), the venue (the MOTG wanted them to marry abroad so it’d be a holiday) and they were pissed that the BRIDE AND GROOM WANTED TO GO ON THEIR HONEYMOON WITHOUT HIS FAMILY!!!
Needless to say, I spent a lot of time during that wedding making sure that these ladies didn’t butt heads. I felt so sorry for the bride though, hope she stood up to them in the end

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
We put disposable cameras on the guests table as it was lovely to see the pictures they took.
(It was funny as we was on honeymoon in Blackpool and i was desperate to get them developed. I used my married name, however paid on a debit card which was in my maiden name. The guy in the photo shop refused to hand us our pictures as the names was different. We managed to convince him luckily).
As we had about a dozen children, we made up some activity packs to keep them amused during each course. This proved to be popular and glad we did it.
Also a guest book for guests to leave messages, it's always nice to have a look back and reminisce of a wonderful day.

Reactions: 3
We done activity packs for the kids, loads of stuff from the pound shops but they loved it and kept them amused during the speeches & boring parts of the meal. Colouring in, cards, little pool table & air hockey games, Rubix cube, building sets.

I done toilet baskets with hairspray, deodorant, bobbles, etc for the ladies and deodorant, Rennies, combs, etc for the men. One of our guests still talks about it because he gets heartburn at every wedding but forgets Rennies! They’re really common now but so handy.

I’ve seen wedding pass the parcels for each table in a magazine. Something like miniatures or sweets wrapped up like pass the parcel with a note attached to each layer.....could be ice breaker questions or questions about the bride & groom.

My cousin had an ice cream cart at her summer wedding with personalised wafers 😊 🍦

I’ve been to so many weddings in the past 5 years that I’ve seen everything on this thread (except the MOH/best man blowy in toilets. I’m sure it’s happened but I just didn’t know!)

anyways ... the best weddings I have been to lately, are the ones without any of these distractions and just let people talk to each other, dance and have fun. For example, if everyone is queued for a photo booth or portrait drawing, the dance floor is empty and then the atmosphere of the whole wedding is crap etc

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I do agree with above^ you know your guests but lots of people just like to catch up, eat and drink and explore a lovely venue they maybe wouldn’t usually get to see.
Plenty of food and drinks. Also if you aren’t in a fully staffed venue, hire enough glasses etc. I have been to too many marquee weddings where they run out of glasses, bottled water, drinks etc. People will be miffed if the B&G paid out for a photo booth but didn’t pay out for enough wine/ water/ soft drinks for you to enjoy your meal with.

Also if you’re not going to have a free bar make sure the venue take cards and or there is a nearby place to easily get cash. This is my total bug bear.

Reactions: 5
We had a caricaturist whilst we were having photos done. At one point I couldn’t see any guests as they had all queued up to have their picture done. They all loved it!

Reactions: 1
As we had about a dozen children, we made up some activity packs to keep them amused during each course. This proved to be popular and glad we did it.
We had loads of kids at our wedding so I did a children's craft table (we had heart shaped boxes to decorate, pre cut masks to colour, Dragon finger puppets that once coloured and the heads folded and glued would twist around a small hand, loads of different coloured paper, stickers, embellishments, scissors, pots of pens, pencils, crayons & print sticks) I did it all myself - and even cut out the last few templates in the hairdressers on the morning of my wedding. I matched the pen pots and containers to my colour scheme and set most of it up the day before, while the staff were finishing off the tables. It worked really well.

• Heart
I went to a wedding a few years back that fell on Easter weekend and they had a giant white chocolate easter egg instead of a cake. The egg was filled with truffles. Instead of photos cutting the cake it was photos of cracking this giant egg. The chocolate was so thick, it was a great idea xxx

We had loads of kids at our wedding so I did a children's craft table (we had heart shaped boxes to decorate, pre cut masks to colour, Dragon finger puppets that once coloured and the heads folded and glued would twist around a small hand, loads of different coloured paper, stickers, embellishments, scissors, pots of pens, pencils, crayons & print sticks) I did it all myself - and even cut out the last few templates in the hairdressers on the morning of my wedding. I matched the pen pots and containers to my colour scheme and set most of it up the day before, while the staff were finishing off the tables. It worked really well.
Aww I would have been on there myself I love a good crafting session

A friend of mine is Ukrainian and he had Ukrainian dancers at his wedding. They were awesome but God their knees must get knackered quite quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Very grand wedding. Bride fell out with master of ceremonies over small kids opening their own gift bags a few minutes early. Groom said never mind it’s fine. Bride hissed at groom through gritted teeth “it’s not fine” then a row started. Whoever had 9 months on the book was the winner, because that’s how long the marriage lasted.

I realise it’s not in the spirit of the OP but it’s all I can remember from that very expensive day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I know it’s down to personal taste but I’m so glad I’ve not yet been to a wedding with some poor bugger doing magic tricks, I’d want the ground to swallow me up 😂

Echo the previous comments about surprise singing waiters... I went to a wedding where the MOTG had organised it secretly which was a risky move but paid off. Such a good way to get people dancing and bypass that weird gap between day/evening.

Went to one years ago where there was a guy cutting paper silhouettes of guests (face in profile, like Queenie on a stamp) and I think we probably all still have them. They were weirdly accurate for an outline on a bit of black card!

• Haha
Used to run events at a wedding venue and the best wedding I’ve run was carnival themed. The bride made her own table centres with carnival ideas from Pinterest, hired carnival rides, candy floss stall, churros stall, the lot! The best thing though was the table plan! She got a paddling pool and filled it with rubber ducks with each guest’s face on them and their table name on the bottom, guests had to hook a duck to find out what table they were on! Everybody loved it!

Falconry, clay pigeon shooting, donkey rides and mechanical bulls are all really fun things I’ve seen too! Perfect for that in-between time after the ceremony and before the wedding breakfast or for the evening!

I’ve always found the Mother of the Groom to be a pain in the backside, not with me but with brides. I’ve seen too many brides stressed out and cry on their wedding day because something the MOTG has said. There was this one wedding where the bride, her bridesmaids and mother were staying at the hotel the night before. It wasn’t a party as such, it was just more convenient. Anyways, they’re all sitting down to dinner in the hotel restaurant chatting away and having a lovely time and who turned up? The MOTG came storming in shouting about how she’s been left out, it’s unfair that she and the groom’s sister weren’t asked to dinner and that she hopes the bride chokes on her steak😳 I was gobsmacked because things seemed to escalate so quickly! I later found out that there were a few fallouts surrounding who was in the bridal party (the sister was pissed she wasn’t asked to be a bridesmaid), the venue (the MOTG wanted them to marry abroad so it’d be a holiday) and they were pissed that the BRIDE AND GROOM WANTED TO GO ON THEIR HONEYMOON WITHOUT HIS FAMILY!!!
Needless to say, I spent a lot of time during that wedding making sure that these ladies didn’t butt heads. I felt so sorry for the bride though, hope she stood up to them in the end
MOTG....mine was a nightmare. Anyone would think it was her wedding we were planning. She was well gutted when I chose my wedding shoes....flat white ballet pumps £15.99 from Peacocks. She kept sending me links to expensive high heals knowing damn well i cannot walk in heels and I am not going to feel uncomfortable on my wedding day. She was so miffed when i shown her my flats. But look back on my wedding photos and you dont even see my feet. She was also a bit gutted that our wedding reception consisted mainly of rock music but me and DH love it and I am from a family of metal heads 🤘
Can't rock out in heels 🤣

Reactions: 4
What’s the deal with taking cocaine at weddings? At the last few weddings ive been to guests have caught doing lines in the toilets. I find that so disrespectful to the couple getting married.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
What’s the deal with taking cocaine at weddings? At the last few weddings ive been to guests have caught doing lines in the toilets. I find that so disrespectful to the couple getting married.
Went to a wedding couple years ago and the groom was doing it to so.... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6