Best thing you’ve seen at a wedding?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The French fancy cake above - that is so good!

My uncle had a ceili (spelling?) dance at his wedding with traditional music. It was fun. I love street food at weddings or any non conventional food set up basically - the sit down meal, speeches etc everyone does is so dull now. It feels like most people follow the same template for their weddings now.
Celidh? (pronounced Kayleigh) xxx

Reactions: 3
Why wasn't I invited, that looks amazing. I try to control myself, buy always having just one more.
😆 I was 8 months pregnant when I got married - the donuts (a gift from friends who drove down to Birmingham from Nottingham to fetch them on the morning of the wedding - when KK’s weren’t available everywhere! - with the groom to keep him busy) and sweet table were what kept me going through the day 😆

Reactions: 2
One of my wife's aunt is a widow, she drives me insane, because she is constantly asking me for favours, and I feel obligated as she is a widow.

Anyone we were all at a wedding buffet, and as usual she has food piled up at least six inches high on her plate. She says she takes so much to save her going back a second time. Anyway she trips backwards and spills all the food on herself. Another lady goes to help her and she manages to pull the helper onto her, she was covered in food. It made me laugh 😂 inside, far too polite to laugh out loud.

I know this is not the type of post expected but what can I say.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
One of my wife's aunt is a widow, she drives me insane, because she is constantly asking me for favours, and I feel obligated as she is a widow.

Anyone we were all at a wedding buffet, and as usual she has food piled up at least six inches high on her plate. She says she takes so much to save her going back a second time. Anyway she trips backwards and spills all the food on herself. Another lady goes to help her and she manages to pull the helper onto her, she was covered in food. It made me laugh 😂 inside, far too polite to laugh out loud.

This is the best reply so far.

Reactions: 5

I was expecting this to end in some drunken fight after the first line 😂 this was much better 😂

• Haha
The best thing I saw at a wedding was the bride confronting her cheating groom at the altar, but it's not for everyone.

Close seconds are disposable cameras on tables as previously mentioned - that's always stuck with me as the candid and silly photos from them were fab.
Recently went to a wedding with quite a few kids and the bride and groom had a creche company in to take care of their kids and other people's kids during the reception. Probably quite expensive but thought it was a really great idea.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
My nephew's new Mother in law arranged a mega treat for the reception. A waiter came in and was serving the meal along with the staff throughout and during dessert he tripped at the top table and someone went to help him up. They in fact had slipped him a micro phone and he started to sing in operatic Italian. My god he was good and he entertained everyone, had them all singing and then dancing. It was hilarious and really started the reception evening.
This was going to be mine too! Surprise singing waiters at my friends wedding who were absolutely fantastic. No one knew apart from the bride and groom; it was hilarious.

God that French fancy and the cheese are my idea of heaven. If I ever get married again that’s what I want! Ex husband took over ours you see and wanted boring stuff like a traditional cake and sugared almonds as favours 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
God that French fancy and the cheese are my idea of heaven. If I ever get married again that’s what I want! Ex husband took over ours you see and wanted boring stuff like a traditional cake and sugared almonds as favours 🤮
I've been married twice and my first wedding was so traditionally boring, my first ex husband came from a very strict catholic family so it was all very meh.

We had the same boring 3 tiered iced wedding cake with columns, the sugared almond favours, traditional dress, vintage Rolls Royce, sausage roll finger buffet, balloon arch, boring speeches and people dancing to Agado and the Witch Doctor at the reception.

My family and his really seemed to hate eachother for no other reason than not having the same blood, there seemed to be a "wild west" atmosphere the whole time. They ended up fighting between themselves like the Montagues and Capulets. It would have been the best thing I'd seen at a wedding, had it not been my own.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m getting married in December and having Santa pop by for the kids (and big kids) 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My dog ran off and peed all over the golf course at our wedding. Several members of the wedding party had to chase him. We played Mr and Mrs before the night guests arrived and my MOH asked some mortifying questions and our guests still don’t let us live it down. Not for everyone but fun for us.

• Sad
The MOH giving the best man a blowie in the toilets. Cue the bride crying telling them they ruined the day. Tears. Tantrums. Tiaras. I laughed so hard. They ended up getting married again. Well the reception was re done and vows renewed. It really did ruin the day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
We had a pianist play during the meal. Guests could text him requests. It ended up being a brilliant sing a long and a highlight of the day (That’s Amore & The Killers Mr Brightside were my own particular highlights). The videos are brilliant.

Reactions: 6
This is just a message for those planning one: if you’re having pictures taken after the ceremony pre reception for the love of God please put some nibbles out for the guests while they wait for food! Especially if the ceremony starts at like 12 and the food isn’t til 3 and you have prosecco or champagne going round before/in between. Last wedding I went to everyone sat in the hotel bar during the in between bit and some guests got a bit too giddy and food wasn’t served til 4. The hotels catering team was entirely taken up for the wedding reception so everyone was eating mini cheddars and peanuts from the bar which only go so far when you’ve not eaten since breakfast! Ended up with a prematurely drunken groomsman crying through the reception about his recent break up and a handful of drunk/hangry guests sitting stoney faced through the speeches waiting for food.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This is just a message for those planning one: if you’re having pictures taken after the ceremony pre reception for the love of God please put some nibbles out for the guests while they wait for food! Especially if the ceremony starts at like 12 and the food isn’t til 3 and you have prosecco or champagne going round before/in between. Last wedding I went to everyone sat in the hotel bar during the in between bit and some guests got a bit too giddy and food wasn’t served til 4. The hotels catering team was entirely taken up for the wedding reception so everyone was eating mini cheddars and peanuts from the bar which only go so far when you’ve not eaten since breakfast! Ended up with a prematurely drunken groomsman crying through the reception about his recent break up and a handful of drunk/hangry guests sitting stoney faced through the speeches waiting for food.
Speeches before the food with no canapes? Are the bride and groom psychopaths who enjoy torturing their family and friends 😂😱

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The MOH giving the best man a blowie in the toilets. Cue the bride crying telling them they ruined the day. Tears. Tantrums. Tiaras. I laughed so hard. They ended up getting married again. Well the reception was re done and vows renewed. It really did ruin the day.
how did this become common knowledge at the wedding?!?

Speeches before the food with no canapes? Are the bride and groom psychopaths who enjoy torturing their family and friends 😂😱
I remember going to the wedding of a friend and her and her husband literally spent the whole reception getting fotos done while everyone else had canapés, drinks, sit down dinner. It was so bizarre and they weren’t even remotely the last people to leave, which I thought the bride and groom usually are?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Omg I would have high fived them and continued with my day.

As a wedding coordinator, I concur. We pretty much force people to have them and just say they can then just do a two course meal so won't even cost them extra