Best contraception

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Abstinence haha.. jokes aside I take the mini pill have done for years.. have no periods and it’s been full proof. Stopped and fell pregnant (planned) straight away.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Any

Any obvious side effects with the mirena? Mood swings, acne there the ones I’m most worried about? Thanks

I’d love him to have the snip as our family is definitely complete but he point blank refuses unfortunately
So you’ve had babies, gone through all the post partum stuff, and had years of hormonal contraception... but he won’t do his part?!
No no no! Tell him the only option is he gets the snip or he uses condoms, you have put your body through enough over the last 10+ years and that’s that.
The fact that he won’t even consider it would have me in a full rage (even if you were happy to do something else).

Why is the woman’s problem to sort out contraception? Makes me mad!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh no, I read “best conception” by mistake and was expecting... something different. Sorry for the off topic comment, but I laughed so hard when I realized my mistake

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Honestly I totally agree with you but I’m sick of arguing with him about it. Without sounding like a martyr I will sort the contraception for an easy life cos if you want a job doing and all that....
He’s just stupid and has this bullshit misconception it makes you less manly 🙄

So you’ve had babies, gone through all the post partum stuff, and had years of hormonal contraception... but he won’t do his part?!
No no no! Tell him the only option is he gets the snip or he uses condoms, you have put your body through enough over the last 10+ years and that’s that.
The fact that he won’t even consider it would have me in a full rage (even if you were happy to do something else).

Why is the woman’s problem to sort out contraception? Makes me mad!
Honestly I totally agree with you but I’m sick of arguing with him about it. Without sounding like a martyr I will sort the contraception for an easy life cos if you want a job doing and all that....

I get it. It’s very easy for strangers on the internet to dole out advice, but they don’t have to live with it all! Men can be such idiots some times. In fairness my brother had it done and it went badly and he swelled up like a grapefruit and couldn’t walk for 3 days 🤣🤣 and then it turned out it hadn’t actually worked!

I hope you find something that works well for you

Reactions: 1
Any

Any obvious side effects with the mirena? Mood swings, acne there the ones I’m most worried about? Thanks

I’d love him to have the snip as our family is definitely complete but he point blank refuses unfortunately
Well you can point blank refuse to take responsibility as well. I'd say the snip, condoms or he wanks. Why should it always fall on women's shoulders to do everything whilst men sit back and get a free ride literally.

Reactions: 9
I was on a few pills in my late teens/early 20s and they all turned me into an emotional spotty mess 🤣 my periods were extremely painful and heavy aswell.

I’ve been on the Depo which I enjoyed as your periods phase out and you don’t have to think about taking a pill daily, but I gained a bit of weight and my moods were up and down. The more I got older and started to think about having a family I read that periods can take up to 2 years to come back in some cases so decided to change.

I’ve now been on the patch (Evra) for just over two years and that’s probably the best one that has worked for me. Works just like the pill where you have a weeks break for a period only it’s a patch you change every week. My libido has taken a dip this year but I think that’s purely down to lockdown and stress of it all!

The thought of the coil absolutely terrifies me😂

I've been on the mini pill for over 10 years now (combined pill for about 10 years before that) and it's been great for me - can't say that I've experienced any negative side effects (just have to remember to take it at the same time every day).

Any

Side effects...I think my moods were actually improved as I didn’t get much pms. My skin was great but to be fair I’ve never had trouble with spots. I still used to get painful boobs around the time of the month.
We had planned my husband would get a vasectomy when I was in my early fifties but when the time came he completely refused. He told me right about the time I was due to have the coil removed for the last time. I wanted my body free of hormones leading into menopause. I was so angry and felt so let down. I went to the doctor and asked to be sterilised but she suggested I just have another coil. She told me many women got very heavy periods during menopause and the coil prevents that. She also told me her husband had had a vasectomy when she hit her fifties but she’d gone back to the coil because her periods were unbearable!
I love my husband but I still feel he let me down. If he’d told me right from the start it was a no no for the snip I could have dealt with it but to agree and then last minute refuse really hurt me. I just wanted my body back after being responsible for contraception for over 30 years!

I've been on the mini pill for over 10 years now (combined pill for about 10 years before that) and it's been great for me - can't say that I've experienced any negative side effects (just have to remember to take it at the same time every day).
We are all so different - I tried the mini pill but I just basically bled continually (small amounts!) for three months. I was also very weepy and depressed but that might have been coincidence. I happened to watching morning TV and the doctor on it mentioned the Mirena as a new contraception. I was down at the doctors the same week and it was so new my GP wasn’t familiar with it. Got it fitted and never looked back. It’s about the same level of hormones as 1 mini pill a week I think.

• Wow
  • Heart
I have had a mirena for over 20 years but now on the mini pill as an interim measure as waiting to see a gynae. I had this horrendous bleed a few months ago, huge clots and really heavy bleeding but nobody knows why, never experienced anything so horrific an Internal scan showed fibroids but not huge ones. The clots have dislodged the mirena and they don’t want to remove it until I have seen the gynae in case I get more heavy bleeding. I am really missing the convenience of the mirena and will hopefully be able to get another one.

I have had a mirena for over 20 years but now on the mini pill as an interim measure as waiting to see a gynae. I had this horrendous bleed a few months ago, huge clots and really heavy bleeding but nobody knows why, never experienced anything so horrific an Internal scan showed fibroids but not huge ones. The clots have dislodged the mirena and they don’t want to remove it until I have seen the gynae in case I get more heavy bleeding. I am really missing the convenience of the mirena and will hopefully be able to get another one.
Oh you poor thing! Hope it’s sorted soon!

Side effects...I think my moods were actually improved as I didn’t get much pms. My skin was great but to be fair I’ve never had trouble with spots. I still used to get painful boobs around the time of the month.
We had planned my husband would get a vasectomy when I was in my early fifties but when the time came he completely refused. He told me right about the time I was due to have the coil removed for the last time. I wanted my body free of hormones leading into menopause. I was so angry and felt so let down. I went to the doctor and asked to be sterilised but she suggested I just have another coil. She told me many women got very heavy periods during menopause and the coil prevents that. She also told me her husband had had a vasectomy when she hit her fifties but she’d gone back to the coil because her periods were unbearable!
I love my husband but I still feel he let me down. If he’d told me right from the start it was a no no for the snip I could have dealt with it but to agree and then last minute refuse really hurt me. I just wanted my body back after being responsible for contraception for over 30 years!

We are all so different - I tried the mini pill but I just basically bled continually (small amounts!) for three months. I was also very weepy and depressed but that might have been coincidence. I happened to watching morning TV and the doctor on it mentioned the Mirena as a new contraception. I was down at the doctors the same week and it was so new my GP wasn’t familiar with it. Got it fitted and never looked back. It’s about the same level of hormones as 1 mini pill a week I think.
Thats terrible didnt you feel like leaving him? I'd have either kicked him out or refused to sleep with him again. Hes just actively lied/mislead you.

Thats terrible didnt you feel like leaving him? I'd have either kicked him out or refused to sleep with him again. Hes just actively lied/mislead you.
I did, actually. It’s almost ten years ago but I still feel angry about it although it worked out ok for me in the end, I guess. He never gave me a reason, either, just that he wouldn’t do it. He’s a bit younger than me and I wondered if he was hanging onto his fertility in case he ended up remarrying a younger woman. To be honest as well, my female friends were basically sympathising with him, saying “you can’t force him, some men are just too squeamish, it’s not worth falling out about.” So I ended up feeling I was being unreasonable.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Ive just had my 2nd coil out. I found the side effects not worth the effort. I gained a lot of weight, my deprrssion and anxiety worsened and i just didnt feel right. Now its been removed, i feel normal. I am now practising abstinence as my husband also doesnt want the snip.

Reactions: 3
What seems clear is that what works for one woman doesn’t necessarily work for another :(

Reactions: 3
Abstinence. Works for me 😉
What seems clear is that what works for one woman doesn’t necessarily work for another :(
Yes absolutely. It’s really interesting to hear everybody’s stories tho as it’s helpful. But I’ll have to go with what I think will be best. I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks it’s a bit off side that men seem to deny all responsibility for contraception. But I guess that’s a whole separate thread 🤪
Well I’m definitely having a coil I’m all booked in, I just need to decide between the Mirena or copper.... 🤔

I’ve had the Mirena coil for 3 years now! I definitely feel more “normal” on it than I did on microgynon. The insertion was quite painful for me and I was really traumatised by it:oops: however 3 years ago I feel I was more immature and had never had anything invasive done, no cervical screening or anything down below! If I was to have it inserted again I know I’d have a better experience🙂 I don’t get periods anymore but I do get spotting and a bit of cramping at that point in my cycle. Rarely get mood swings which is something I had really bad on the pill! I will definitely have another inserted in a couple of years when this one expires

Is anyone else on the Implant and had random heavy bleeding? I went to the doc for a checkup and ultrasound and everything is fine..but sometimes I get massive blood clots and heavy periods (sorry if TMI)

T
I’ve had the Mirena coil for 3 years now! I definitely feel more “normal” on it than I did on microgynon. The insertion was quite painful for me and I was really traumatised by it:oops: however 3 years ago I feel I was more immature and had never had anything invasive done, no cervical screening or anything down below! If I was to have it inserted again I know I’d have a better experience🙂 I don’t get periods anymore but I do get spotting and a bit of cramping at that point in my cycle. Rarely get mood swings which is something I had really bad on the pill! I will definitely have another inserted in a couple of years when this one expires
This is really good to hear thank you! I’m not too bothered about it been fitted as I’ve had 3 kids so it can’t be any worse than that (hopefully!) and I’m not squeamish etc. How did microgynon make you feel? Was it mood swings etc?