Best and worst cover songs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like a lot of the punk goes pop covers;

We Came As Romans - Glad You Came
Hands Like Houses - Torn
Asking Alexandria - Right Now

Also Melo M who do a fantastic orchestra cover of The Final Countdown 😍

Reactions: 1
I loved that song, stars are blind by Paris Hilton back in the 2000s but was shocked recently to hear the original as I thought Paris was the original! The original was reggae but Paris definitely did it better.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I loved that song, stars are blind by Paris Hilton back in the 2000s but was shocked recently to hear the original as I thought Paris was the original! The original was reggae but Paris definitely did it better.
I’ve just looked it up as I’d never heard that it wasn’t the original, but I can’t find anything that says it isn’t. Search results say a reggae band did cover it but that was after she recorded and released it. (Also learnt that it was originally offered to Gwen Stefani but she had took a step back from music at the time as she was pregnant).

This is my nomination for worst cover:

• Haha
I’ve just looked it up as I’d never heard that it wasn’t the original, but I can’t find anything that says it isn’t. Search results say a reggae band did cover it but that was after she recorded and released it. (Also learnt that it was originally offered to Gwen Stefani but she had took a step back from music at the time as she was pregnant).

This is my nomination for worst cover:

Oh! I shouldn't have assumed!
I could see why they offered it to gwen but I'm glad Paris did it, it really suited her vocals too.

Why has nobody mentioned the real greatest cover of all time. Not even by a professional singer.

Holding Out for A Hero - Jennifer Saunders as the Fairy Godmother.

Adam Lambert has also released a cover of this I really like.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Why has nobody mentioned the real greatest cover of all time. Not even by a professional singer.

Holding Out for A Hero - Jennifer Saunders as the Fairy Godmother.

Adam Lambert has also released a cover of this I really like.
You are my new favourite tattler 🥰

Shrek is amazing !! The dvd for the first film had a karaoke dance party scene which is also fabulous

• Heart
Heard 'Waterloo Sunset' on the radio the other day. Somehow I've lived my entire life without hearing the original in full so I listened, thinking, hmm the singer's pretty good. Turned out to be Def Leppard with the magnificent Joe Elliott.

Reactions: 2
Heard 'Waterloo Sunset' on the radio the other day. Somehow I've lived my entire life without hearing the original in full so I listened, thinking, hmm the singer's pretty good. Turned out to be Def Leppard with the magnificent Joe Elliott.
I’ve never heard this version, but The Kinks are one of the greatest British bands ever - I can’t imagine anything being better than the original.

on the other hand, this is probably one of my favourite cover versions of all time. L.O.V.E. by Orange Juice (the original by Al Green is beautiful, but the Orange Juice version might top it for me)

• Heart
Yeah it probably isn't, but very often if I hear a cover first, it sticks with me and then I compare the original to the cover which really shouldn't be the case!

I also love Paul Young and Clannad's version of 'Both Sides Now' (apologies if I've already said that).

As I said in the celeb gossip thread the album of covers Placebo released with the special edition of Sleeping With Ghosts was really good

I like Land Of Confusion by Disturbed! I broadly like Disturbed, but wasn't into the Sound of Silence cover, so I was surprised that I liked that one.

Reactions: 2
I went down a rabbit hole on YouTube when it suggested some AI cover versions by Freddie Mercury. Scoffed a bit at them. Listened to this one and I think it’s fantastic (not sure if it’s classed as an official cover version, but someone else might enjoy it!) It just makes me miss Freddie more than ever 😭😭😭