Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Best:

Killing Me Softly With His Song - Fugees and Lauryn Hill
The ‘In’ Crowd - Bryan Ferry
Feeling Good - Muse
Always on My Mind - Pet Shop Boys
Easy - Faith No More

Worst:

Do Ya Think I’m Sexy - Paris Hilton
A Whole New World - Peter Andre and Katie Price
Blitzkrieg Bop - The Beautiful South
Mr. Tambourine Man - William Shatner

Reactions: 8

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Why has nobody mentioned the real greatest cover of all time. Not even by a professional singer.

Holding Out for A Hero - Jennifer Saunders as the Fairy Godmother.

Adam Lambert has also released a cover of this I really like.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Worst - All Saints - under the bridge

Best - The Ataris-Boys of Summer

Cheesiest - Bjorn Again -Stop

Reactions: 6

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Not technically a cover, but what’s that Dua Lipa/Elton John Cold Heart effort?! Not an EJ fan by any means but that song is an irritating mash up. I wish people would leave things alone 😂

Reactions: 5

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Was it some sort of piss take? Genuinely, it has... vibes about it, but The Saw Doctors seem to be a popular and well respected band?!
I know what you mean, it's difficult to describe...They are a popular and well respected band. They are adored in Ireland, however - their music is very much pub tunes, drinking songs. They are a fun band.

Reactions: 4

Retro80s

VIP Member
Yes, the 1st Band Aid is the best, in my opinion obviously. Love the Gary Jules version of Depeche Mode's 'Mad World', although it really affects me and like Marilyn Manson's 'Personal Jesus'. Bad Wolves did a very good cover of 'Zombie'.
Tears for Fears, not Depeche Mode

I love Dear prudence - Siouxsie and the Banshees

Also Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles

Reactions: 4

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I’ve just looked it up as I’d never heard that it wasn’t the original, but I can’t find anything that says it isn’t. Search results say a reggae band did cover it but that was after she recorded and released it. (Also learnt that it was originally offered to Gwen Stefani but she had took a step back from music at the time as she was pregnant).

This is my nomination for worst cover:

Oh! I shouldn't have assumed!
I could see why they offered it to gwen but I'm glad Paris did it, it really suited her vocals too.

Reactions: 3

Stripper Vicar

VIP Member
Why has nobody mentioned the real greatest cover of all time. Not even by a professional singer.

Holding Out for A Hero - Jennifer Saunders as the Fairy Godmother.

Adam Lambert has also released a cover of this I really like.
You are my new favourite tattler 🥰

Shrek is amazing !! The dvd for the first film had a karaoke dance party scene which is also fabulous

• Heart
Reactions: 3