Best and worst cover songs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Worse

Sinead O'Connor - Nothing compares 2U
Nothing compares to the Prince and Rosie Gaines version

Take That (possibly the worse band name in the entire history of music)
Relight my fire

The White Stripes - Jolene
Miley did it better

Eric Clapton - I Shot the Sherrif

Beautiful South - Everybody's Talking

Best
Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower

Proud Mary - Ike and Tina

Joan Jett - I Love Rock n Roll

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Not technically a cover, but what’s that Dua Lipa/Elton John Cold Heart effort?! Not an EJ fan by any means but that song is an irritating mash up. I wish people would leave things alone 😂

Reactions: 5
Worst - All Saints - under the bridge

Best - The Ataris-Boys of Summer

Cheesiest - Bjorn Again -Stop

Reactions: 6
Yes, the 1st Band Aid is the best, in my opinion obviously. Love the Gary Jules version of Depeche Mode's 'Mad World', although it really affects me and like Marilyn Manson's 'Personal Jesus'. Bad Wolves did a very good cover of 'Zombie'.

Reactions: 1
Yes, the 1st Band Aid is the best, in my opinion obviously. Love the Gary Jules version of Depeche Mode's 'Mad World', although it really affects me and like Marilyn Manson's 'Personal Jesus'. Bad Wolves did a very good cover of 'Zombie'.
Tears for Fears, not Depeche Mode

I love Dear prudence - Siouxsie and the Banshees

Also Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles

Reactions: 4
Nadgers, yes of course, Depeche Mode did 'Personal Jesus' thanks. 🤔Of course, if they had done 'Mad World' it would have probably been quite good, albeit closely timed with the original.

Reactions: 2
Worst- Any cover of a Bob Dylan song. Just leave them alone!! You cant improve on perfection. I have just seen Brian Ferry murder some Dylan songs, Dylan is sat in the audience with a right face on him. But he must be used to it, all the tit covers he has had to hear over the years. He doesnt even pretend to like them now haha.

Best:

Knockin' On Heaven's Door by Guns N' Roses
Twist and Shout by The Beatles
Hurt by Johnny Cash
Tainted Love by Soft Cell
All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by Led Zepelin
Everybody's Talkin' by Harry Nilsson
Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Turner

Worst:

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by William Shatner
How Soon Is Now by Tatu