Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I loved that song, stars are blind by Paris Hilton back in the 2000s but was shocked recently to hear the original as I thought Paris was the original! The original was reggae but Paris definitely did it better.
I’ve just looked it up as I’d never heard that it wasn’t the original, but I can’t find anything that says it isn’t. Search results say a reggae band did cover it but that was after she recorded and released it. (Also learnt that it was originally offered to Gwen Stefani but she had took a step back from music at the time as she was pregnant).

This is my nomination for worst cover:

• Haha
Reactions: 3

rainonme

Chatty Member
One of my favourite covers:

Meanwhile there's loads of awful live lounge covers out there

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I loved that song, stars are blind by Paris Hilton back in the 2000s but was shocked recently to hear the original as I thought Paris was the original! The original was reggae but Paris definitely did it better.

• Wow

bubbadabut

VIP Member
That Puddle of Mudd one creases me every time 😂

I suppose best is Sinead O'Connor, Nothing Compares 2U.

For worst I really hate the Mad World cover by Gary Jules. I like my maudlin stuff but I thought it was very depressing. I love Tears for Fears though.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I see Sugababes and I raise you The Saw Doctors.

I had to check that The Saw Doctors weren't some sort of joke band. That's incredible.
They're an Irish band. They've been around for about 30 years. Think they've mostly disbanded these days though.
I have family and friends in Ireland so have heard them a fair bit over the years.
This cover was huge in Ireland when it was released - went straight to Number 1 in the charts! 😂

Reactions: 2

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I like Land Of Confusion by Disturbed! I broadly like Disturbed, but wasn't into the Sound of Silence cover, so I was surprised that I liked that one.

Emperor

Chatty Member
Heard 'Waterloo Sunset' on the radio the other day. Somehow I've lived my entire life without hearing the original in full so I listened, thinking, hmm the singer's pretty good. Turned out to be Def Leppard with the magnificent Joe Elliott.

Emperor

Chatty Member
Again I thought 'Easy' was a FNM originally. I know sod all.

'Whisky in the Jar' - Metallica
'Sound of Silence' - Disturbed (really, really love this one)

Emperor

Chatty Member
Nadgers, yes of course, Depeche Mode did 'Personal Jesus' thanks. 🤔Of course, if they had done 'Mad World' it would have probably been quite good, albeit closely timed with the original.

Emperor

Chatty Member
Yes, the 1st Band Aid is the best, in my opinion obviously. Love the Gary Jules version of Depeche Mode's 'Mad World', although it really affects me and like Marilyn Manson's 'Personal Jesus'. Bad Wolves did a very good cover of 'Zombie'.

Reactions: 1