Best and worst concert you’ve ever been to?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Best:
30 seconds to Mars 2008/2009 when they weren’t as big as they became. Jared Leto had an amazing voice and you could tell they loved to do what they do
alter bridge - myles Kennedy has an unreal voice. I’ve seen them several times and couldn’t fault them
You me at six playing take off your colours in full mainly for nostalgia purposes

honourable mentions: Foo fighters, paramore, funeral for a friend, tremonti, blink 182, green day, rise against

worst:
Buckcherry were awful!
30 seconds to Mars around 3 years ago. I’d waited so long to see them again and Jared Leto was so full of himself and they barely played any songs. Felt like music had become a chore to them

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Best
Madonna - Confessions Tour
She may not be the greatest singer but she really can pull off fantastic live shows.

Liam Gallagher - God like. Amazing stage presence and electric atmosphere.

Kanye - I like some of his songs but not enough to pay out to see him live however I begrudgingly went with a friend whose sister couldn't make it. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Amazing peformance and stage presence. Not what I was expecting at all. He came off stage at one point and went down into the area where disabled people were to sing a song which I thought was lovely.

George Michael - all of the above

Impressive gigs
John Newman
Prodigy
The libertines
Amy Winehouse
The pogues
The Dropkick Murphys

Worse
Paul Weller - takes himself far too seriously. Just came across very serious/moody like he didn't want to be there.
Solo stuff bland and unmemorable No atmosphere until the Eton Rifles encore when everyone went crazy.

All Saints - was a fan in my younger days and was glad to get to see them but unfortunately the sound was awful. Everything was tinny and you could hardly hear their voices over the music/sound. You could tell they were pissed off about it too.

Happy Mondays (reunion) came on an hour and a half late and were off their heads. Rowena did a good job of trying to hold it together but they were too wasted and it didn't help that the sound was poor ( I later heard they refused to do a soundcheck)

Kasabian - great band, great songs but must have got them on a bad day. Felt like they were just going thru the motions.

Noel Gallagher and the high flying birds - again begrudgingly went along with a friend. Just dreadful. The most boring gig I've ever been to. Zero stage presence. They may as well have put a cardboard cut out on the stage and played a CD. We left forty minutes before the end, and we weren't the only ones bailing. I've seen better pub singers.

Reactions: 4
It's a toss up as to which was the best concert I've been to, between Celine Dion in Vegas, and Michael Bolton in Blackpool. Both were brilliant, but the venues were, erm, totally different. 😅😅

Reactions: 1
Two others I can’t believe I missed out mentioning in my best concerts list were Blur at Hyde Park in 2009. Great weather and outstanding support acts Vampire Weekend and Florence + The Machine. The other was Earth, Wind & Fire in Bournemouth, 2014. I’d highly recommend seeing Earth, Wind & Fire live if the opportunity came up.

Madonna at Slane Castle!
Was that in 2004? I saw her about a fortnight before the Slane Castle show on the Reinvention Tour and it genuinely was one of the best concerts I’ve been to. To be fair it‘s probably the closest to a greatest hits tour looking at the set lists for her tours in the last 20 years.

Best; Fleetwood Mac, Dido, Celine Dion

Worst; Snow Patrol. No interaction with the audience felt very flat.

Best: P!nk, by a mile. I have seen her live 9 times now and each time I am as blown away as the first.

Worst: Jessie J.... she was awful.

Also some others that deserve a mention: Paramore, Linkin Park (before we lost C), Blink 182

My best was Funeral for a Friend in a tiny venue in Cardiff. It was their goodbye concert (eventhough they still do the odd small festival but whatever 😅) and they did two gigs, playing one of their two biggest albums at each. I could only get tickets for one, but it was my favourite album and they finished on my favourite song. Absolutely loved it, everyone there was a true fan and it felt so personal and nostalgic.

Another favourite of mine was SO random but honestly the most fun gig I've ever been to. Again, a tiny venue but in Swansea this time. It was the Ned Flanders band Okilly Dokilly, supported by a pirate metal band called Red Rum. I only went cos my boyfriend got tickets for a laugh but we still talk about how it was one of our best gigs ever.

I love a small gig at an independent local venue, not a fan of huge stadium tours at all. I saw Metallica, my favourite band in the world, at Wembley and honestly for the view I had, would have been better off watching it on YouTube for free!

My best was Funeral for a Friend in a tiny venue in Cardiff. It was their goodbye concert (eventhough they still do the odd small festival but whatever 😅) and they did two gigs, playing one of their two biggest albums at each. I could only get tickets for one, but it was my favourite album and they finished on my favourite song. Absolutely loved it, everyone there was a true fan and it felt so personal and nostalgic.

Another favourite of mine was SO random but honestly the most fun gig I've ever been to. Again, a tiny venue but in Swansea this time. It was the Ned Flanders band Okilly Dokilly, supported by a pirate metal band called Red Rum. I only went cos my boyfriend got tickets for a laugh but we still talk about how it was one of our best gigs ever.

I love a small gig at an independent local venue, not a fan of huge stadium tours at all. I saw Metallica, my favourite band in the world, at Wembley and honestly for the view I had, would have been better off watching it on YouTube for free!
FFAF are doing a tour next year and I’m so excited to see them! I’m usually a rave girl (nothing hardcore just house 😂) but FFAF always have a place in my heart I absolutely love them so this is great to hear ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I saw InXS way back in the day and it was great value. Hutchence was smashed/stoned, but he sounded great.

Love this thread. I've always wanted to go to a Beyonce concert and Michael Buble at Christmas.

Best -Pink she puts on a fantastic show and can sing live-unlike some others.

worst-not been to a bad concert TBH.

Best - The Killers at Hyde Park, the atmosphere was amazing and walking through the crowd to All These Things That I’ve Done with my boyfriend was just such a moment. Following that Michael Buble or 30STM at the o2 (lol yes very varied musical tastes xox)

Worst - John Mayer 💔 did enjoy some of it and have been a HUGE fan for years but unfortunately his gig just didn’t cut it for me, deffo went on a bit and my god he loves himself. But I already knew that 🤣

Best:
Britney's Circus Tour, I love the stage design and theme of this tour the most (but now as a big fan I feel bad for going to so many of her concerts while the c-ship is in place)
Mutya Keisha Siobhan (aka Sugababes) gig in 2013 because they're my favourite girl group.
The Weeknd's Starboy tour (hopefully I can go to After Hours tour when it finally happens)

Worst:
Akon a couple of years ago, he didn't even sing any of his hits - played a bunch of music that was popular at that time and got girls on stage to dance with him and his loser crew. He kept reading and spelling their Instagram names out for like 5 mins at a time too. Worst still, it was on a Sunday night and I had work the next morning so couldn't even get drunk enough to not care. 💀
Spice Girls - not their fault but the sound was a mess in between songs, I could barely hear them on the floor, apparently it was better in the stands but I wanted to be closer.

I saw InXS way back in the day and it was great value. Hutchence was smashed/stoned, but he sounded great.
Saw INXS when they were support for Queen at Wembley in 1986. Remember Hutchence bursting onto the stage and thinking “wow!” Was only there for Queen but INXS were great. Queen were sublime and Freddie was on top form. One of my favourite concerts.
Least favourite was David Bowie at Roker Park during his Glass Spider Tour. I was so disappointed and actually preferred Big Country who were supporting.

I've just remembered my worst concert. I hate country music but got conned somehow into going with family under the guise of it being a pressie for someone. It was dreadful. The family member who convinced me promised a night out afterwards as she knew it wasnt really my cup of tea but got so drunk she was in bed early. Never again!

• Haha
I went to see the script tonight in Liverpool and I didn’t think it was that great. I’ve seen them before and thought they were much better. Maybe it was where I was sat. I was sat upper tier (only a few row up so not high) opposite the stage. Previously I’ve sat to the side of the stage on the upper tier. I just found the atmosphere not great where I was sat, no one stood up or were singing along apart from the last two songs. Which made me not want to as I didn’t want to stand in anyones way or hear my own voice 😂. Whereas most other areas were bouncing around which makes me think it was just where I was sat. Also didn’t think the sound quality sounded that great. The Script were my last concert before covid and my first after Covid.
Got 3 concerts in a week next month so I’m excited for that!

Best: Green Day. It was my first concert. The audience was nice and the crowd surfing was so much fun 😄

Worst: A Ziggy stardust orchestra thing at summer stage in Central Park. The acoustics were really harsh. My cousin made faces that I wanted to be at the back away from the speakers lol