Best and worst concert you’ve ever been to?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving this thread, best is hard as pretty much every time I go to a concert I am on such a high when I come out and I think it is the best ever, but probably We are Scientists in 2019, also because it was one of the last things I went to before the world collapsed, feels like a different lifetime. It was the anniversary of With Love and Squalor so they played the whole thing. I had never been to a gig like that and it was so amazing to have everyone able to sing along to everything, and they are both really funny so it was jsut so entertaining generally
Worst would be two, Finch at some emo thing at Alexandra Palace in 2004 ish, 0 stage presence basically just stared at the foor all the time, ditto the XX at Pukklepop is about 2010 I think, disappointing as their music is so good

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Best : Pixies, My Bloody Valentine in Prague - DIIV, Wild Nothing, Spoon in Paris - Sonic Youth @Eurockéennes

Best - REM at Glastonbury 99

Worst - Robbie Williams in Cardiff AND Exeter, also 1999. I think this is more to do with the shame of seeing him twice :censored:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Best:
Plan b at 02 Brixton
J cole at Hammersmith Apollo and again at the 02
Beyoncé at Wembley
Beyoncé & jay z at London stadium
Jessie ware at 02 Brixton

worst:
Craig David at 02 - not cos he was tit but because I got sooo drunk I don’t remember a thing
Bryson tiller at Hammersmith - I didn’t get drunk but i barley remember it so can’t have been that good
Eminem at Wembley - the sound was awful

Don't know what the worst concert is I've attended as I can't think of any but the BEST concert has definitely got to be Rammstein. They really do put on a great show aswell as great music 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Don't know what the worst concert is I've attended as I can't think of any but the BEST concert has definitely got to be Rammstein. They really do put on a great show aswell as great music 😁
I would LOVE to see them live, I've listened to nothing but their new album since it was released.

Reactions: 1
Worst was Pitshifter….Pitchshifter? 90s mosh band. I went to prove to my housemate that I wasn’t just a hippy/rave gal. Turned out I was.

I’ve been to so many gigs that I loved, most recently The Divine Comedy, brilliant. But the stand out was Orbital on the Insides tour. A lad I really really fancied invited me, I went with him and his friend. It was one of those occasions when you just can’t believe your luck, I thought he was so cool and way out of my league then I started to realise he liked me too and there we were in Sheffield together. The show and the music were amazing. Then I got off with the boy! And we were together for years! Good times good times

Best was Wham ‘The Final’..just phenomenal, closely followed by a Take That concert.

Worst was Luther Vandross…he clearly couldn’t be arsed that night, came on stage in an Arran cardi, sang a load of slow songs and left, no encore ..nothing. I remember hearing Craig Charles on the radio saying a similar thing about a Luther Vandross concert he’d been to in Manchester and knew it was the same one!

Best - Metallica at Sheffield Arena, 1993 I think.

Also Scouting for Girls in a small bar in Manchester. It was Christmas and they came around with a big tin of quality street after the gig and Christmas cards for everyone.

Worst - Duffy at Hammersmith Apollo … she had zero stage presence

Saw the killers tonight and although it was great it just wasn’t as great atmosphere as when I’ve seen them before. Maybe was the seats we had, seeing them again on Saturday but got standing tickets so I’m sure it’ll be better atmosphere. Plus prefer the blossoms to supergrass as support. I prefer to sing along to songs makes it more fun and no one around me was doing that again, I still did a little but didn’t want to too much since no one else was. People tow rows behind were singing and standing more towards the end, I tried to stand to get others to but no one did in my row or behind/in front of me so I sat back down until mr brightside I stood then and wasn’t sitting back down so others stood 😄

Best was Marvin Gaye in Southampton in 1981.

Closely followed by Sensational Alex Harvey Band in Bournemouth in 1976 and Slade in 1972 supported by Thin Lizzy and Suzi Quatro. Also, Stormzy is 72 years old at the BIC this year.

Worst ever gigs were Sparks and Wham both of them seen in Bournemouth

Best lady gaga , Janet Jackson had a fabulous atmosphere but I think it was more the crowd
Can’t think of a worst