Best and worst concert you’ve ever been to?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As the title suggests:

Worst - Britney Spears a couple of years ago, did not interact with the crowd once. She came on, mimed her set and left. I feel bad now hating on her when I see how troubled she is but it was truly horrendous.

Best -Spice Girls for their reunion tour in 2019 (I think), more for nostalgia reasons and I saw them in Wembley at the end of the tour so there was the whole will Posh join them or not. It was just a really fun concert for a late 80s baby.

And yours?

Reactions: 6
Best- Bruno Mars. Such a great entertainer, not just a singer, really puts on a great show, definitely someone I would see live everytime he tours

worst- lady Gaga went on sooooo long think she literally sang EVERY song on both her albums, was so fed up by the end.
Usher is a close second. Came on late and only sang a few songs, and not even the ones he is famous for, he didn’t even have a new album out so not like he had to sing new songs. Very odd show.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Worst - Tricky at T in the Park. It was bloody awful, just him mumbling. We walked out in the end.

Best - Prodigy, just awesome. Basement Jaxx were a nice surprise too at Nottingham Rock City. Wasn't bothered about going but they were good fun and there was a great, friendly atmosphere.

Reactions: 10
Worst. Boyzone. I didn't want to go, not a fan of boybands what so ever. But my managers daughter was meant to go with her boyfriend, who dumped her a day before and he needed someone to go with her. Paid me a shift to go. It was full of screaming teenagers.

Best. I'm going to cheat and have two. The first was faith no more, it was their last tour in 1997 before they broke up back then. Utterly amazing live, the energy was so high and the music very loud. Plus the venue was small, I hate stadium tours as they do t feel personal. I'm hoping we can go and see them again now they are touring again.
Second was murder by death. I love their music and they were amazing live. I actually cried when they played my favourite tune. They played at the deaf institute in Manchester, which was an amazing venue. Plus we got to meet the band after. Desperately hoping to go and watch them play the Stanley Hotel one year, they do it every January.

Reactions: 3
Best - Muse at Emirates Stadium. It was random that they had Dizzy Rascal as support but it was amazing.

Worse - Not technically a gig but Olly Murs at Radio 1 big weekend. He was late on stage, his microphone didn’t work (a blessing in disguise) and just seemed cocky.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Best- Bruno Mars. Such a great entertainer, not just a singer, really puts on a great show, definitely someone I would see live everytime he tours

worst- lady Gaga went on sooooo long think she literally sang EVERY song on both her albums, was so fed up by the end.
Usher is a close second. Came on late and only sang a few songs, and not even the ones he is famous for, he didn’t even have a new album out so not like he had to sing new songs. Very odd show.
So jealous of Bruno Mars, I can imagine he really puts on a show!

Best: Hugh Jackman, that show was amazing.

Worst: Spice Girls, it wasn’t bad. But I thought that it was a bit boring. Still loved it btw haha.

Reactions: 2
Guns N’ Roses were the worst. They came on two hours late so most of their songs weren’t played.

the best is a toss up between The Darkness and Kaiser Chiefs. I was waiting for someone else to come on at a festival and thought I’d watch them in the meantime but they were so so good.

oh ETA to add; Dan Wilson in a church lit with candles was pretty epic too. He evensang some of the songs he’d written for other artists. Someone Like You sounded amazing.

Last edited:
Best: Hugh Jackman, that show was amazing.

Worst: Spice Girls, it wasn’t bad. But I thought that it was a bit boring. Still loved it btw haha.
Oh my god I saw Hugh Jackman too how could I forget!! Ok he’s my joint number 1 😂, where did you see him? I went to Paris

Guns N’ Roses were the worst. They came on two hours late so most of their songs weren’t played.

the best is a toss up between The Darkness and Kaiser Chiefs. I was waiting for someone else to come on at a festival and thought I’d watch them in the meantime but they were so so good.
Oh G’N’R makes me sad that they were disappointing, they’ve always been one I would love to see!

Reactions: 1
Oh my god I saw Hugh Jackman too how could I forget!! Ok he’s my joint number 1 😂, where did you see him? I went to Paris

Oh G’N’R makes me sad that they were disappointing, they’ve always been one I would love to see!
I saw him in Amsterdam 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ah this is hard!!

Best - Fall Out Boy in about 2017. They were incredible live, so much better than I thought they’d be and played for hours. Spice Girls in 2019 also gets a special mention for an amazing atmosphere. If it’d happened last year I’d say Hella Mega Tour with Green Day, Weezer and FOB would have been right up there too.. fingers crossed it goes ahead at some point.

Worst - Babyshambles in 2006. Pete Doherty was wasted and fell off the stage, they were an absolute mess. Also this kid threw up down my friend’s back, and a group of neo-nazis started a huge fight. We were only about 15 at the time as well, just babies used to going to see McFly and Busted 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I will add my most memorable while I’m here. Seeing panic! At the disco on stage at Reading, and watching Brendon Urie get hit in the face with a glass bottle was something to behold. When he got back onto his feet he was already bruising, but he carried on. Legend.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Rihanna and Katy Perry were by far the worst. Rihanna took ages to come onto stage, kept screaming inappropriate stuff yet the entire stadium was full of little girls. Katy Perry can’t sing and is out of breath for the majority of the song.

The best is pink she is amazing and really knows how to put on a show.

Rihanna and Katy Perry were by far the worst. Rihanna took ages to come onto stage, kept screaming inappropriate stuff yet the entire stadium was full of little girls. Katy Perry can’t sing and is out of breath for the majority of the song.

The best is pink she is amazing and really knows how to put on a show.
I’ve always heard her acrobatics in the shows are amazing!

The Best: 2018 Ed Sheehan we got a surprise guest: Andrea Bocelli sang Perfect in a duet with Ed. 2009 Take That the Circus Live. Can’t say I’ve been to any bad concerts x

• Wow
Worst: Not sure, can't think of a concert I've absolutely hated.

Best: Placebo and Suede. Suede was fantastic especially lol, I was right at the front too and Brett held my hand 😂 I had a great time at that one.
Leonard Cohen. It was amazing. I'm so glad I got to go to that concert, I kind of knew I would never get the chance again.
I also always remember this one particular Carmina Burana concert, I got chills, the choir was flawless.

• Heart
Best: Foo Fighters! I just love them and they put on a great show.

worst: this was a tough one because I’ve been fortunate to not be disappointed at live shows I’ve seen. Probably the third and last time I saw Kings of Leon, only because it was at a huge venue and I didn’t like their new album, they had lots of new fans who jumped on their bandwagon when this album came out. The other times I saw them was in smaller venues and they were brilliant.

I will add my most memorable while I’m here. Seeing panic! At the disco on stage at Reading, and watching Brendon Urie get hit in the face with a glass bottle was something to behold. When he got back onto his feet he was already bruising, but he carried on. Legend.
The crowd that day were something else weren’t they 😡 During MCR there were guys throwing bottles filled with mud so they were heavier, someone flew past me to chuck one and as he jumped and come back down he elbowed me proper hard in the face. As i went to punch the fucker i saw it was a kid of 13/14 so i told him off until he cried 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Best concert - Snow Patrol, absolutely amazing, got goosebumps hearing ‘run’ live.

also LOVED seeing The Killers, it was pissing down and we were drunk, loving life, everyone belting out ‘Mr Brightside’ was unreal.

I’ve saw Busted everytime they’ve came to Belfast haha yes I’m a major fan girl and loved their concerts as I was able to sing along to every song like I was 16 again.

worst concert - I’m going to say 50 cent. Think I was about 16 and knew about 2 songs but my friends wanted to go. I only went cause I fancied him. Must have thought he was going to see me and fall in love as I still remember how dressed up I got 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12