Being Ghosted

Have you ever been ghosted

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This has happened to me and my friends a lot - was just wondering if anyone else had any stories? Love hearing peoples stories!

For those who dont know - Being ghosted is when you are talking to/seeing someone then all of a sudden they just either stop replying to you, igore you, or just delete you off everything - for NO reason!

Reactions: 4
Happened a few times back in my online dating days. Things would seem to be going well, not just from my perspective but he would say similar. Then boom... Never to be seen againšŸ˜’
I don't get it. Just say if youre actually not interested

Reactions: 5
Exactly! Ive found it has been from people from online dating too - I was seeing a guy for 3 months he was head over heels (waaay more than I was) then one day he just stopped replying! I chased him a bit like a mug because I wanted an answer but nothing! Then he started liking all my facebook pics about 3 months later then sent me a big apology - I forgave him and a couple weeks later he did it again šŸ˜‚

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I got ghosted last summer and it has honestly scarred me for life. I was seeing what I THOUGHT was a lovely boy for about 6 months. Legit I thought I was set for life haha. It was long distance so a bit tricky but fine. We went for weekends away, phoned loads, sent me flowers for my birthday, just a nice guy. One weekend in July he came over to mine and I spied Tinder on his phone. I wish I had challenged him about it then but I had had bad news during the week (which he had been super sweet about) so didnā€™t really have the energy to get aggy and cry. So a few days later I messaged to ask if he was on dating apps because I wasnā€™t and I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page, he said this was a face to face chat and we could talk about it later... and that was that! I think I replied to that message and then again a few days later to say could he call me but I heard nothing from him ever again!! Weirdly he never unfollowed me on insta or anything so I just blocked him after a week or so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

At first I was angry and then just really upset. I donā€™t think Iā€™m fully over it even now to be honest.

Iā€™ve been ghosted after a date/few dates but Iā€™m less bothered about those and get over it pretty quickly. Itā€™s so rude though!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Iā€™ll be honest I have done this and I felt awful.
I met a guy online got on really well with him spoke daily for about3/4weeks. We arranged to meet and I became really insecure (Clothes not fitting-fat day, hair not going the way you wanted etc)
So I didnā€™t go
Just jumped back into my bed and turned off my phone. I eventually apologised but whenever ghosting comes up I think of this event and feel shame

• Sad
Reactions: 3
When i was a teenager, I ghosted a guy then after few months he reached out then in a couple of weeks ghosted me back. Fair enoughšŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
Had this happen to me, was in a relationship with what I thought was an amazing guy for about 4 months. We saw each other near to every day, had so much in common and thought everything was great until one night he went a bit quiet so I asked if everything was okay....... next thing I know I have been blocked on every form of contact there is - phone, whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, even LinkedIn. 6 months later he gets back in contact to say that he freaked out and didn't know how to handle the situation so he thought is the easiest thing to do was just block me, never did get an apology!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I was dating a guy when I was like 19 or 20 and he ghosted me suddenly after a few months of dating. I was distraught and didn't understand why he had suddenly disappeared without a word. Around six months later he randomly sent me a text saying he was sorry. I told him to 'duck off' (I was a little mouthy back then!!)

I've had it a few times after a date or two with guys. Everything seemed to be going well them bam, nothing.

It's horrible but I am finding people can be cowards and would rather disappear than actually admit they don't fancy someone.

Reactions: 8
A guy slid into my dms once and we got chatting and arranged a date. First date when great and for the second date he wanted me to come over to his for dinner. Now my flat mate and my sister both reckoned going to his meant he wanted to sleep with me. I naively went along and it was still a good date but I wasnā€™t about to put out on date two. We met another couple of times for lunch and were arranging another date. Then he vanished - no explanation. A few weeks later he added me to LinkedIn and then seemed to be in a relationship with another girl šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø He still likes all of my pictures to this day and also likes all of my LinkedIn changes. Men baffle me.

Reactions: 14
I was dating a guy when I was 17, I had just learnt to drive and was travelling around 25 minutes to go and see him. He was 3 years older than me and looking back on it, a total man child. I used to pay for us to go on dates and drive us around on my Saturday job wages. He then decided to go to uni, I was super supportive and pleased he was doing something to further himself. The night he moved up there he blocked me on everything šŸ˜‚ I was devastated for a few months then realised what a twit he was. 5 years later he sent me a message request on Instagram telling me I was the one that got away and how he hadn't been able to have a meaningful relationship since... It felt very good being able to block him back šŸ˜Š

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was dating a guy when I was 17, I had just learnt to drive and was travelling around 25 minutes to go and see him. He was 3 years older than me and looking back on it, a total man child. I used to pay for us to go on dates and drive us around on my Saturday job wages. He then decided to go to uni, I was super supportive and pleased he was doing something to further himself. The night he moved up there he blocked me on everything šŸ˜‚ I was devastated for a few months then realised what a twit he was. 5 years later he sent me a message request on Instagram telling me I was the one that got away and how he hadn't been able to have a meaningful relationship since... It felt very good being able to block him back šŸ˜Š
Something I've noted is that the majority of these men will end up trying to worm their way back in after a while, as if we're going to want to entertain that idea!

Reactions: 9
God itā€™s good to know itā€™s not just me šŸ˜‚ I have been ghosted a couple times but the main one I mentioned above was Terrible. Similar to what some of you guys said, he was all over me thought I was the most beautiful girl in the world, sending me flowers etc, telling my friends he wants to ask me to be his girlfriend but he thinks it might be too soon etc then BAM ignored. Ignored so many messages! Couple months later re appears with a sorry and claiming his mental state wasnā€™t right, said itā€™s the biggest mistake heā€™s ever made as I was the best thing that will ever happen to him,gave him the benefit of the doubt only for him to do it again haha! And now he still likes the odd Facebook pic. Men are so so so strange

Reactions: 4
I had this happen when I was about 17, then he started dating my friend and they were together for quite a long time and then he did it to her too.

Iā€™ve also had it done by someone who I thought was my friend. We still have each other on SM but havenā€™t spoken in years.

Reactions: 1
I got chatting with a guy on Match who it turned out lived about an hour from me. We got on quite well over the phone and text so I agreed to meet him in the town he lived for lunch. The day before I got radio silence, when heā€™d been quite quick to respond. I didnā€™t turn up due to this and about a week later he magically appears on text but wouldnā€™t really explain why he had vanished.
we agree to meet again and lo and behold he vanished again! After that I sent him a message saying how childish he was and thanks for wasting my time and blocked him. Dick.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Been ghosted by ā€˜friendsā€™ in the past. This one woman in particular, we hit it off on a parenting site, our kids were around the same age and eventually we became fb friends, we had a fair bit in common and I really had started to consider her as a real friend. We had even talked about meeting up one day. Talked regularly for a good few months and I didnā€™t notice anything off, until one day I realised sheā€™d blocked me on everything. No idea why, was weird and it hurt a bit considering friends are hard to make in your adult years, but you move on from stuff like that. A while later she unblocked me, only realised because she popped up on the ā€˜people you may knowā€™ thing, thought it was weird that she would unblock me as that would have been a conscious decision, but I didnā€™t really care enough to get in touch and find out why.

• Sick
I wrote one incident on another thread but this one tops it!

Was seeing this guy for a few months should of got bad vibes straight away when a mutual friend said I was wasting my time šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
We went out a few times etc then one day got in touch and said he was super stressed at work and we should just leave it
A few months later we ended up texting again and he asked me round his for dinner, we were watching tv on sofa then his phone rings, he storms into kitchen answering it then without saying anything to me literally RUNS out the front door and drives off?!
It was one of those surreal situations where youā€™re not quite sure what on earth is going on or doesnā€™t feel real!
Iā€™m looking out window and see a car parked outside, Iā€™m calling/texting him asking whatā€™s going on
30 mins later he eventually texts me saying his ex girlfriend is sat outside and I should probably leave sheā€™s a nutcase
Oh yeah great advice...
He eventually comes home over a hour later and basically orders me to leave cos the ex will be back sheā€™s got a key and probably go mental at us (me logically thinking but Iā€™m doing nothing wrong??)
So I end up leaving though as Iā€™ve had a few drinks I had to end up sleeping in my car šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
Never heard from him again even when I stupidly tried chasing it up for a explanation!

probably a good thing!

Edit- to add mine probably has a reason but it still felt bizarre at the time for him not to explain to me as I had actually done nothing wrong šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Like a lot of stories on here . I was dating a guy who i initially wasn't interested and never would of been . I was recovering from a stressful ordeal and this guy kept on chasing me and was my friends work colleague . after 6 months of talking and dating i didn't hear from him in days i had noticed a change in behaviour. He said he was stressed and couldn't do this anymore . I replied that he should have told me in person and NEVER heard from him again . I blocked him on everything he now has a kid with a girl who has known for 5 minutes.

Reactions: 3
Usually a lurker on here but thought Iā€™d add my story....
So my best friend tells me her boyfriends best friend is also single after I left my ex of 6 years. He slides into my dmā€™s and we start chatting, he FaceTimes me and invites me to this ball and I was literally besotted with him for some strange reason as he didnā€™t do anything nice for me.
So weā€™re texting I say what you up to and he says Iā€™m at the ball...alright ok didnā€™t want to take me then!
Shouldā€™ve left him then but weā€™re dating (well I thought we were) for a good 4 months and weā€™ve met while Iā€™ve had the kids etc. Then he just starts to ignore all my messages...I go out for a night out and I get a snapchat off him...my friend read it and she said it was really mean saying heā€™s upgraded and telling me to F off etc. Told my best mate the next day and she had a go at him but no explanation apart from his mate apparently sent that message. Just blocked me on everything and I was proper gutted!
Worst part is my best friend is getting married next year Iā€™m maid of honour and heā€™s best man....might be a bit awkward šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I was gutted in March this year.
Iā€™m over it now but it killed me. Everything was perfect, fine... no reason

• Sad
Iā€™ve been ghosted by the same guy a few times. Over the last 4 or so years weā€™ve spoken on and off for a a couple of months at a time, the first time we started speaking weā€™d plan to go on dates and stuff and heā€™d always bail on the day. So any time after that, weā€™d just meet up for sex (lol donā€™t judge was living my best life). Clearly thatā€™s all he wanted because heā€™d ghost me not long after, then 6-12 months would go by and he would unblock me off every social media, weā€™d get back in contact and rinse and repeat, until I asked him why the duck does he always ghost me, to which he said ā€œheā€™s embarrassed because he can never fulfill my needsā€ lmao. Iā€™m now in a happy relationship and have been for a year, no contact with the ghost guy until a few weeks ago where he adds me on Snapchat completely out of the blue, I ignore the request because duck HIM. Some men ainā€™t tit, but the good guys always come around.

Reactions: 12