Beckhams #2 Nepotism is our family game; anything to sell the family name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The couture fashion houses have long histories and attract the best trained designers. Victoria has no training, she isn’t taken seriously by many of the others.

Reactions: 6
Yes, Victoria would rather die than have someone above a size 8 and with less than 20 million in the bank buying her clothes. & that's why her business has failed - ego and vanity. Her style, sizing and affordability is complete anathema to the average woman and once the novelty wore off of all her celeb pals modelling her clothes - Eva Longoria, Gwynnie et al, it went to tit. Apparently her beauty line is doing quite well. Having looked, it doesn't look crazy pricey, so time will tell on that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Now the other one is all over his “girlfriend” on insta. It’s embarrassing. I wonder how David will feel when it comes to Harper drooling over her squeeze when she gets to her teens

“kisses”

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Agree. She wanted to be in the league of the top haute couture designers.
And her designs were good, although she for sure had a lot of help from actual designers, and had a nice silhouette and were distinguished.
It is just that she is small, didn't have a brand like Dior or Chanel that had a lot of cash flow from perfumes, make-up etc and hence she ran out of cash.

Affordable clothing would have been a different concept, probably more lucrative, but she wanted something else.
If she knew anything about the couture industry she would know that make their profit from bags, perfumes and other accessories. Many women covet a Gucci belt, LV purse etc. Fashion shows are hugely expensive and mostly just for show.

Reactions: 6
I actually think it’s her diffusion line dragging her down. It’s overpriced, overproduced, cheap looking and it devalues her original line.

Reactions: 1
Because they have a great PR machine that buries stuff in return for others stories. Also he’s known to ‘allegedly’ favour very rich married women that would also have a lot to lose.
He also makes all his conquests sign ndas

I actually think it’s her diffusion line dragging her down. It’s overpriced, overproduced, cheap looking and it devalues her original line.
Not sure how it's possible to devalue the original line, but somehow she's managed to achieve that
Please tell me why she thought it was smart to launch a makeup brand (£50 for an eye palette) when her fashion brand is yet to turn a profit after all these years. As someone who works in makeup, the I know the margins in beauty are even smaller than they are in fashion so God knows why she took on this task. She'd be better off being a contributor to fashion magazines or doing edits for other brands rather than continuing this fools errand of being a designer

Last edited:
She'd be better off being a contributor to fashion magazines or doing edits for other brands rather than continuing this fools errand of being a designer
Ah, but it keeps her busy so Dave can have his 'fun time' elsewhere

Reactions: 3
Ha 😆😆😆😆 shouldn't laugh for the poor women whose lost her job, I meant at vapidvictoriabusinesswoman......the designer whose job was to fake her designs... has effectively lost her job cos of huge losses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Ha 😆😆😆😆 shouldn't laugh for the poor women whose lost her job, I meant at vapidvictoriabusinesswoman......the designer whose job was to fake her designs... has effectively lost her job cos of huge losses.
First I read that V was going to leave... They should just shut the whole thing down.

The problem isn't the design but the position and management

I do believe that companies Chanel etc make their money in makeup perfume and accessories ? I don’t know if her brand is ready for high end make up - again a crowded market. Perhaps it’s a last throw of the dice. I saw Becca is closing, so I can’t imagine her turning it into a powerhouse, she won’t want to go into Boots.

Reactions: 2
I do believe that companies Chanel etc make their money in makeup perfume and accessories ? I don’t know if her brand is ready for high end make up - again a crowded market. Perhaps it’s a last throw of the dice. I saw Becca is closing, so I can’t imagine her turning it into a powerhouse, she won’t want to go into Boots.
She has a range out , everything except a foundation.

Her latest offering is a mascara that only needs water to remove it. It’s expensive along with all her make up and from what I’ve read on beauty blogger sites is very nice and luxurious.

Will her beauty range make a dent on the sales of Lauder , Chanel , Clarins and the more accessible No7, I’d say not.

At what point will they stop pouring in money if there’s no chance of a profit or breaking even?

She doesn’t want to cater for the average woman; over a certain size and for the masses.

She sees herself as high end and doesn’t want to be accessible to size 16 women who shop at Phase 8 or Jigsaw or she’d have already done it.

It’s her ego and David’s bail out dosh keeping her going.
It’s that moment when you realise that your idea on really spending a lot of money on clothing - Phase 8, is others definition of being a basic witch 😳
Not being mean to the person who wrote this, just a bit embarrassed!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It’s that moment when you realise that your idea on really spending a lot of money on clothing - Phase 8, is others definition of being a basic witch 😳
Not being mean to the person who wrote this, just a bit embarrassed!
Yep , I wear Primarni and Asda !

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Not sure how it's possible to devalue the original line, but somehow she's managed to achieve that
Please tell me why she thought it was smart to launch a makeup brand (£50 for an eye palette) when her fashion brand is yet to turn a profit after all these years. As someone who works in makeup, the I know the margins in beauty are even smaller than they are in fashion so God knows why she took on this task. She'd be better off being a contributor to fashion magazines or doing edits for other brands rather than continuing this fools errand of being a designer
Well sitting on Wintour's shoulder for years I think that was what she was aiming for but Wintour is either playing with her or realises that she is basically talentless.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.