Beauty treatments in Lockdown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ill give it a go I’ve only been soaking them for 5 minutes, I obviously haven’t been patient enough!!

The answer to that is verrrrryyy slowly and carefully I guess 😂 my one hand is always neater than the other! Think the trick is to do as thin coats as possible
I’m a nail tech 👋🏻
Try buffing the shine off your nails then wrap them in the cotton wool and tin foil 😁 this will speed up the process too!
Try not to over file your nails too, they are sensitive little things that can be easily damaged!

My at home brow tint kit has been a life saver!

Also my hairdresser was selling pre mixed hair dye so I’ve applied that myself to sort out the roots. Doesn’t look as good as if I’d had it done professionally but definitely an improvement and will tide me over until salons open!

Really missing nails and lashes though. Plus my Botox has worn off so I look soo old 😂😫

Never been more grateful to have my eyebrows microbladed as I am now! I've just been plucking them during lockdown

Not one for lash extensions so happy about that, I had gel over my natural nails when lockdown first started and overtime just picked it off and my nails were a mess to begin with but they're ok now.

Anyone else dreading when salons re-open and everyone will be trying to get appointments?

My (dark brown) roots are a good 4 inches now and the rest of my hair which was blonde highlights is about 5 different colours, I'm getting really sick of it now, can anyone recommend a semi permanent box dye or should I just hang in there as I have made it this far? 😂 thanks!

A local hairdresser who does home visits has advertised for new clients for when the time comes. However, when you contact him he said he has already started working. He charges £80 just for a cut! He seems to be highly recommended in the local Forum where I saw his post.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
My (dark brown) roots are a good 4 inches now and the rest of my hair which was blonde highlights is about 5 different colours, I'm getting really sick of it now, can anyone recommend a semi permanent box dye or should I just hang in there as I have made it this far? 😂 thanks!
Hang in there!!!! My hairdresser said they are not announcing it until about the 25th June to confirm when hairdressers are opening. Fingers crossed it will be early july.

Hang in there!!!! My hairdresser said they are not announcing it until about the 25th June to confirm when hairdressers are opening. Fingers crossed it will be early july.
thank you for the advice!! Just can’t stop looking at it and thinking how crap it looks. I should get first dibs on an appointment as made my hairdresser and her team face masks for when they do open. The last appointment I had got cancelled so it’s not been done since early March, argh!!

🌙

Morning all, I finally had delivered the facial epilators, you lot are stars!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I have used it twice now and its really great, doing my tash was a bit eye watering.

My chin will need a few sessions but better already.
Hey!
Just wondered what epilator you went with for your facial hair? I've been looking but there are so many and all mixed reviews! 🤦🏽‍♀️ TIA x

I haven't really touched my eyebrows but they look ok.
Veeting my mustache, lol.
And had my husband trim my hair, he did a good job.

Hey!
Just wondered what epilator you went with for your facial hair? I've been looking but there are so many and all mixed reviews! 🤦🏽‍♀️ TIA x
Hi. I got the Braun Face 810.
I used it on my chin for about the first four days to catch all the hairs ( I was shaving every day), then not for another four days and now just use it when I need it.
To say its life changing is not an exaggeration, My skin on chin is not sore.
It does not hurt on chin, a bit of a pull when doing tash.

I used it on my chin for about the first four days to catch all the hairs ( I was shaving every day), then not for another four days and now just use it when I need it.
I keep going back to that one... so think I'm going to take the plunge! Thankyou so much for getting back to me and your honest review! X

Ok, so I have sorted the hair on my chin. What do I use to close the pores?
I have really sensitive skin, so it needs to be very mild.
Thanks

My at home brow tint kit has been a life saver!

Also my hairdresser was selling pre mixed hair dye so I’ve applied that myself to sort out the roots. Doesn’t look as good as if I’d had it done professionally but definitely an improvement and will tide me over until salons open!

Really missing nails and lashes though. Plus my Botox has worn off so I look soo old 😂😫
Which brow tint kit do you use?

I'm going to get this I think!!

I was going crazy the first few weeks of lockdown but I've actually quite enjoyed painting my nails in front of the tv at night, bought a brow tint kit off amazon which is really good and been using wax strips I got from Home Bargains that were only 99p! Finally got my hair done though on Friday which is just the best feeling ever. Going away for the weekend for my birthday in a few weeks so I am tempted to get my nails/lashes done. Always do my own fake tan anyway.

I've been buying false nails and plucking my own eyebrows. I usually get acrylic nails and have my eyebrows threaded but my eyebrows have grown quite nice, so I'm quite pleased. Can't wait to actually get my nails done in a salon though.

I never colour my hair myself as I have very sensitive skin, so I will be getting that done soon.