Beauty treatments in Lockdown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing I am finding very hard is trying to pluck my eyebrows when I wear glasses, just how do you do it?
Is your eyesight so bad you can’t do it without glasses, really close to a mirror? That’s how I do mine

Edit: just realised you might be long sighted which I can imagine being a nightmare!

Yes, long sighted. May ask hubby to pluck eyebrows.......

Will have a look at facial epilators, thanks

My nails are so much better without regular gels. I had been giving my nails a rest from gel for about a month before lockdown started and now they are longer and stronger than they have been in years! Made me realise how much damage gels must do my nails. My daughter has cut my fringe and my bob is touching my shoulders- I stopped colouring my hair years ago and am so glad as my hair is naturally silver now :) I can’t wait to get a proper cut though! I’ve used an epilator on my legs for years and my hair growth is pretty minimal now luckily.

Reactions: 1
Gel nails - I only started having these at the start of 2019, ruined my nails. Have had clean nail since about September last year, just about to go back to normal polish.

Tint my own eyelashes and brows. Dermaplanning my face. Shaving elsewhere.

This is the longest I have been without gel nails in about 3 years 🙈 so good to give them an enforced breather.

Cant wait for the hairdresser to open up again. Bit roots and need my extensions maintenance.

Saved so much money, I might not bother with anything else apart from the hairdresser!

I do my own nails with a lamp and gel colours have done for a while so nails aren't any issue. Neither are brows and hair as I tint/ pluck my own brows and get them threaded even few months to keep a decent shape. I had them tattooed a couple of years back and although they have faded they still have colour / some shape without make up. My hair is long and I don't dye it but it could do with a trim now.

The thing that I'm missing is my hollywood waxes usually get a wax every 5 weeks. I was last waxed just before lockdown, my waxer has said don't shave which I havent coz it will hurt more when I do get waxed again. I did buy wax strips and attempted to do the bikini area but it was hard work. Have also (carefully!) trimed it myself. Can't wait to for the salon to reopen!

Shaving my legs, arm pits and bits.

I normaly have my eye brows waxed and tinted. I'm not messing about with them.
They are really messy and bushy but im really fair so from 5m+ away they dont look too bad. Tash is seems to have stopped growing. Must have reached its limit 😂

Missing my gel nails too, but can live with out them.

I'm lazy af when it comes to getting my hair cut, so that's not bothering me. But my 10m old is in desperate need for a trim.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Gawd I'm so low maintenance when I read this thread 😁 I've never even heard of half of the things mentioned.
Just all wait until it all falls out below and starts growing on your chin. I do however have very nice nails, and I've never had a manicure in my life.
Oh and a xten magnifying mirror is my best friend👓

I am looking forward to going back to a hairdresser to get my highlights done and getting a massage if I’m honest.
I tint my own eyelashes and do my own pedicure and anything else myself.
I could easily spent a fortune but also resent paying money on some beauty treatments 🤣

I am looking forward to going back to a hairdresser to get my highlights done and getting a massage if I’m honest.
I could easily spent a fortune but also resent paying money on some beauty treatments 🤣
How does home eyelash tinting work? I’ve got a kit for brows (not used it yet) which also works for lashes but I was a bit worried about trying lashes.

What do you use to tint your eyelashes if you dont mind me asking? I love doing beauty treatments at home and want to try it.
I've seen ads for at gone lash curl and lift treatments. I really want to try it I've had LVL done loads of times but I'm a bit nervous about this has anyone tried it?

Reactions: 3
What do you use to tint your eyelashes if you dont mind me asking? I love doing beauty treatments at home and want to try it.
I've seen ads for at gone lash curl and lift treatments. I really want to try it I've had LVL done loads of times but I'm a bit nervous about this has anyone tried it?
I use rectofil tint, blue black. You need oxidant as well. Mix it all together until it is a paste. Vaseline around the eye area so the tint doesnt stain if you blob it on your skin. (I manage to every single time) Then with a small angled brush I just brush it onto my lashes, and then comb through with a spoolie. Ta da!!

I did a patch test with both just to make sure.

I'm not sure about the lash curl and lift treatments. They seem a bit tricky to so yourself. I keep seeing one advert on facebook (unsure which brand) and the models eyes look really swollen. 😬

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've been using little wax strips for my brows and tweezers plus the nail scissors, they look nice actually. I usually have them threaded, I don't miss the pain of that. My hair looks a dog, I trimmed the fringe and it way too short, like 3 inches above my eyebrows. It was getting in my eyes and making them sore everyday. So I had not much choice really, I just want the hairdresser to open again. What an absolute bleeping pain this whole thing has been.

I use rectofil tint, blue black. You need oxidant as well. Mix it all together until it is a paste. Vaseline around the eye area so the tint doesnt stain if you blob it on your skin. (I manage to every single time) Then with a small angled brush I just brush it onto my lashes, and then comb through with a spoolie. Ta da!!

I'm not sure about the lash curl and lift treatments. They seem a bit tricky to so yourself. I keep seeing one advert on facebook (unsure which brand) and the models eyes look really swollen. 😬
I'm going to give this a try thanks so much for the recommendation. And yes I completely agree re the eyelash lift thing, gonna go with my instincts and ignore that advert and stick to my trusted eyelash curlers 👍

The only thing I get done outside of home is my hair cuts. At home I’ve always done these so lockdown hasn’t changed my beauty routine.
-Eyebrow tweezing
-Eyebrow dyeing
-Laser hair removal
-Dermapen/Micro Needling on the face
-Hair colouring
-Hair treatments
-Manicures
-Pedicures
-Fake Tanning

I was in the middle of tattoo removal course and obviously can’t do that myself so yeah, apart from those appointments and the hairdressers I’ve not missed anything. A few years ago l was the opposite. I was running around to all sorts of appointments like spray tans, acrylic nail salons, eyelash extensions etc but I really cut back and found that watching a few youtube tutorials and buying the odd tool, you can really manage just doing it yourself.

How does home eyelash tinting work? I’ve got a kit for brows (not used it yet) which also works for lashes but I was a bit worried about trying lashes.
I use a set from amazon called ‘strictly professional’. It’s harder doing it myself and I don’t close my eyes the way the beauty therapists apply it but paint it on like mascara, try not to blink and then leave it ten minutes. It’s so much cheaper doing it this way x

Way more helpful than what I just wrote 😂

I see you’ve got a better answer but I use a lot by ‘strictly professional’ on amazon x

The only thing I get done outside of home is my hair cuts. At home I’ve always done these so lockdown hasn’t changed my beauty routine.
-Eyebrow tweezing
-Eyebrow dyeing
-Laser hair removal
-Dermapen/Micro Needling on the face
-Hair colouring
-Hair treatments
-Manicures
-Pedicures
-Fake Tanning

I was in the middle of tattoo removal course and obviously can’t do that myself so yeah, apart from those appointments and the hairdressers I’ve not missed anything. A few years ago l was the opposite. I was running around to all sorts of appointments like spray tans, acrylic nail salons, eyelash extensions etc but I really cut back and found that watching a few youtube tutorials and buying the odd tool, you can really manage just doing it yourself.
When you say Laser Hair Removal yourself do you use a IPL type device and what would you recommend ? Ive been tempted to save for an ipl machine but then it seems you still have to shave as often so it sort of defeats purpose for me?