Beauty Spectrum #2 crocodile dundee of Beverley.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if I’m completely missing the point here - I’ve not really researched it so really I might be. But isn’t this new Goverment scheme about “the arts” retraining talking about actors, actresses, dancers, producers, directors, makeup artists etc who work in theatres etc who are literally unable to work right now? I completely don’t agree with the government campaign telling them to retrain, but how does it affect graphic designers, marketers, copy writers etc 🤨 these types of roles tend to work in businesses or are free lance? I myself work in graphic design and marketing and work for a business, I wasn’t furloughed and worked all the way through lockdown, I could do my role for a number of different industries and organisations, I can work from home etc.. I wouldn’t class myself as working “in the arts” because I work in design and it’s insulting to the people who cannot work and who the Govertnment are just disregarding. These people who do work in the arts are incrediblly talented and their careers shouldn’t be dismissed in the way the Gov is. I just feel like it’s missing the message a bit for people like Molly to be jumping on it and claming it includes her and Tom. Tom doesn’t work “in the art industry” he is a graphic designer working for a plastic manufacturer who seem to also have a home goods store. Like myself I am a graphic designer and email marketer who works in the building and construction industry. Because my role relates to art, it doesn’t mean I work in that industry. Sorry if I’m ranting for nothing and this me misunderstanding something the gov has said?

14847C47-F5CC-4697-8D53-B77E22CB2ED4.png

Reactions: 15
Can’t believe how much she goes on about working in “the arts”. Filming yourself and editing videos doesn’t exactly make you Vincent van Gogh hun.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Sorry if I’m completely missing the point here - I’ve not really researched it so really I might be. But isn’t this new Goverment scheme about “the arts” retraining talking about actors, actresses, dancers, producers, directors, makeup artists etc who work in theatres etc who are literally unable to work right now? I completely don’t agree with the government campaign telling them to retrain, but how does it affect graphic designers, marketers, copy writers etc 🤨 these types of roles tend to work in businesses or are free lance? I myself work in graphic design and marketing and work for a business, I wasn’t furloughed and worked all the way through lockdown, I could do my role for a number of different industries and organisations, I can work from home etc.. I wouldn’t class myself as working “in the arts” because I work in design and it’s insulting to the people who cannot work and who the Govertnment are just disregarding. These people who do work in the arts are incrediblly talented and their careers shouldn’t be dismissed in the way the Gov is. I just feel like it’s missing the message a bit for people like Molly to be jumping on it and claming it includes her and Tom. Tom doesn’t work “in the art industry” he is a graphic designer working for a plastic manufacturer who seem to also have a home goods store. Like myself I am a graphic designer and email marketer who works in the building and construction industry. Because my role relates to art, it doesn’t mean I work in that industry. Sorry if I’m ranting for nothing and this me misunderstanding something the gov has said?

View attachment 273989
I’ve seen a lot of “influencers” talk about this today and i think it’s disgusting. They could easily carry on making money on YouTube/Instagram through lockdown- their income wasn’t affected at all. Making it all about her is typical molly, when she didn’t get disadvantaged by the pandemic at all. She should be thinking about those people who have lost their jobs/been on furlough/ not been able to work - it’s sickening to see that she thinks making a YouTube video once a week and earning obscene amounts of money is the same as having a job in the real arts industry and losing money and your livelihood. I don’t agree with the government or their handling of the arts industry but people like molly making it all about them is bleeping pathetic

Reactions: 13
Taking about her and Tom's sole income from the arts when she's on 35k a year alone is a joke. If I worked in a theatre which has been closed all through the pandemic I'd be so angry right now given she's only had to film a few tiktoks and YT videos throughout to make her money and even had enough cash for a new car!

I work in theatre and I’ve been struggling since March. Seeing her try to muscle in on other’s struggles when she’s just bought an AUDI is a slap in the face

Jesus Christ she’s infuriating

Reactions: 23
Both her and Tom have worked consistently through the pandemic. They’re not the people who should be upset or annoyed over the government.
Also, they don’t live together or share money so not sure how it’s relevant

Reactions: 13
I think it's a bit bold to say her types of YouTube video are creative anyway when she films her daily life and then shills products that get sent to her for free. That doesn't really require any creativity.

she honestly comes across as so uneducated in those posts.. she doesn’t work in the arts and neither does Tom. They both worked all through lockdown and both of their jobs are pretty secure atm. She also said architects work in the arts?! Soooo uneducated

Reactions: 12
I mean I've seen some people argue for the greater creative industries being at risk, which does seem like a possibility, but right now yeah the focus is on theatres and the TV industry and museums, things that have ground to a halt during the pandemic.

Reactions: 2
she honestly comes across as so uneducated in those posts.. she doesn’t work in the arts and neither does Tom. They both worked all through lockdown and both of their jobs are pretty secure atm. She also said architects work in the arts?! Soooo uneducated
Exactly this what I’m thinking! There’s a difference between having a creative role and working in the arts industry. Tom works a creative role in the manufacturing industry not “the arts” is Molly really that stupid that she thinks any creative person is being told to rethink their careers? The insulting gov campaign is aimed at people who cannot work. Not people like Molly but haven’t been affected whats so ever. And people like Tom who have a creative role that we can do in any industry

Reactions: 9
I'm really surprised she hasn't had to self isolate yet not because she's got it but being in a place where someone's tested positive with the number of places she's been. Two of my family members have had to self isolate because they went somewhere and someone had tested positive... they've barely gone out... I know its just unfortunate that it's happened but with the number of places she visits and travels quite a lot I'm surprised she hasn't being told to self isolate due to someone at that time having it. I have no idea if that makes sense 🤣.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm really surprised she hasn't had to self isolate yet not because she's got it but being in a place where someone's tested positive with the number of places she's been. Two of my family members have had to self isolate because they went somewhere and someone had tested positive... they've barely gone out... I know its just unfortunate that it's happened but with the number of places she visits and travels quite a lot I'm surprised she hasn't being told to self isolate due to someone at that time having it. I have no idea if that makes sense 🤣.
I’ve had to self isolate because my flat mate caught coronavirus just seeing one of his friends. It’s not fair that she can go all over the country and not have to self isolate, but I’ve not been anywhere really since the start and I have to self isolate. I would be surprised if she was told to self isolate that she would do the full 2 weeks without seeing anyone.

I’ve had to self isolate because my flat mate caught coronavirus just seeing one of his friends. It’s not fair that she can go all over the country and not have to self isolate, but I’ve not been anywhere really since the start and I have to self isolate. I would be surprised if she was told to self isolate that she would do the full 2 weeks without seeing anyone.
Oh dear, I hope your flat mate is okay! I know I don't agree with it at all. She's just going about her daily life like coronavirus doesn't exist. Still surprised she hasn't had to self isolate at least once since she seems to be going to all these places.... even more so now she's got to celebrate her birthday the whole of October she seems to be going here there and every where 🙄.

Reactions: 2
she probably Wouldn’t listen to it anyway, it is her birthday month after all!

• Haha
She’s not social distancing at all in her new video. I know you probably wouldn’t on your birthday night out but it’s pathetic and actually breaking the rules. The clip of her off her face drunk was so embarrassing, so immature and childish. Getting drunk is not a personality

Reactions: 12
She’s not social distancing at all in her new video. I know you probably wouldn’t on your birthday night out but it’s pathetic and actually breaking the rules. The clip of her off her face drunk was so embarrassing, so immature and childish. Getting drunk is not a personality
Plus yet again it's irresponsible to be bar jumping like that. Go to one pub and a small group might be put at risk. Go to three bars and that's three times the number of people. Same as when she went service station hopping, she just doesn't seem to think the consequences of what she does.

Reactions: 9
Why does she apologise for us seeing clips when she literally chooses to put them in 🤕

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Plus also, go to three bars and do whatever, but why are you FILMING it and showing everyone your ridiculous drunken self?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.