Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey Jessica, we think Christopher is doing fantastic while you sit around glued to the couch. That man deserves a medal for doing everything for your family. Poor guy!
Chris is obviously extremely stressed. To be fair though, I also think that he makes life unnecessarily complicated for vlog content e.g. in one vlog he was extremely tired taking the kids on shopping trips to buy Christmas presents for each other - why didn't they just say Christmas presents for each other will be either homemade or ordered online this year? The whole sage re multiple trips between their house and the rental moving everything that they need - why didn't they just hire a small UHaul trailer and do it in one go? Multiple trips with the kids back to the house to use the internet - sure Duncan's online cooking class was sweet, but absolutely necessary? No way. Jessica could have moved off the couch and done some cooking/ baking with him.

Reactions: 3
I find it weird how many people praise Chris when he's just exploiting his children to make a living. Yeah, Jessica doesn't do much. But it's not as if he works a 9 to 5. They're both home all day long. Taking care of their kids is the least they could do since they're riding on them and Colleen to make money.

Reactions: 4
I find it weird how many people praise Chris when he's just exploiting his children to make a living. Yeah, Jessica doesn't do much. But it's not as if he works a 9 to 5. They're both home all day long. Taking care of their kids is the least they could do since they're riding on them and Colleen to make money.
Oh they’re not amazing by any means just that he seems to do absolutely everything while Jess moves from her bed to the couch with a baby glued to her tits for the past 10yrs and does nothing all day. I can imagine homeschooling their 100 kids is a nightmare for him to handle!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh they’re not amazing by any means just that he seems to do absolutely everything while Jess moves from her bed to the couch with a baby glued to her tits for the past 10yrs and does nothing all day. I can imagine homeschooling their 100 kids is a nightmare for him to handle!
Their kids don't seem to know much, I doubt their homeschooling is worth a lot. Or that they even do it daily.

Their kids don't seem to know much, I doubt their homeschooling is worth a lot. Or that they even do it daily.
Yeah it seems to be the basics in reading, writing and maths and then moves onto fun online electives like cooking or harry potter class or drama. Whatever Jessica does with them it seems to be quite easy/basic stuff, learning a song to learn facts, colouring in etc The kinds of thing you’d do on top of your learning in school not the whole basis of school.

Jessica just blocked me on Twitter. Truth really hurts I guess. She complained in a recent tweet of being criticized. I told her if you don’t want to be criticized stop filming your family. You put your lives out there for the $$$ and people are going to be critical. I told her it’s child exploitation and Colleen is guilty of this as well.
I’m not meaning to hurt her, I just want her eyes to be opened to potential harm that could come to her children down the line that may be caused from vlogging. I mean, for example, Bailey’s future high school peers can see the videos whenever they want (going back what, the last 10 years of her life?), and we know how nice high schoolers can be. It’s brutal enough being a teenager who has a mostly private life, let alone a teen whose family life is exposed on a weekly basis.

And never mind the pervs who watch the vlogs. I just know that even if just ONE of those people was watching my family vlogs I’d immediately stop for my children’s sake. I’d never compromise my children like that and it makes me sick to even think of my child in someone’s warped fantasies. And I’m not even a parent yet! There are other ways to make money without exploiting your kids!

There’s just a Lot of reasons to stay out of the Family Vlogging scene.

Reactions: 7
Jessica just blocked me on Twitter. Truth really hurts I guess. She complained in a recent tweet of being criticized. I told her if you don’t want to be criticized stop filming your family. You put your lives out there for the $$$ and people are going to be critical. I told her it’s child exploitation and Colleen is guilty of this as well.
I’m not meaning to hurt her, I just want her eyes to be opened to potential harm that could come to her children down the line that may be caused from vlogging. I mean, for example, Bailey’s future high school peers can see the videos whenever they want (going back what, the last 10 years of her life?), and we know how nice high schoolers can be. It’s brutal enough being a teenager who has a mostly private life, let alone a teen whose family life is exposed on a weekly basis.

And never mind the pervs who watch the vlogs. I just know that even if just ONE of those people was watching my family vlogs I’d immediately stop for my children’s sake. I’d never compromise my children like that and it makes me sick to even think of my child in someone’s warped fantasies. And I’m not even a parent yet! There are other ways to make money without exploiting your kids!

There’s just a Lot of reasons to stay out of the Family Vlogging scene.
Very well said. As much as the Ballingers like to pretend to be wholesome, they also exploit their kids and compromise their kids safety for income. Family channels were at their peak a couple of years ago right, and have been declining since then? Why don't they just get some type of normal jobs instead of trying to cling on to it? It definitely gets worse for the kids as they get older.

they have one whole room with two beds just for guitars while the kids are sleeping in the same room… I get that they “like sleeping in the same room”, but that’s because they don’t know anything different. Their whole life they’ve never had any privacy; from the internet, from their siblings. I think if they experienced having their own room, especially for the older kids, they would love it.

Reactions: 1
The house and land are absolutely huge! I really hope they look after it and leave it in the condition they found it.

Reactions: 2
So in the entire house tour the only messy room was Chris & Jessica’s room.. think we now know who is the messy ones in the house!

Did anyone watch the "Chinese food" video, I cringed the entire time, from Parker squealing at such a high pitch every 5minutes, no lie, that hurt my ears a bit because it was ALOT, but also Baileys exaggerated moans and noises over the food. No. Nooooo. She's gonna start school soon and that's gonna be one of the most recent videos and she's gonna get bullied beyond belief for it. It was just too much. Christopher is genuine and tries but his kids just don't match his vibe. I think if Chris did his own thing he would get alot more views than if he included his kids. I'd rather see a series of videos from Chris where he by himself were to try new things that weren't accompanied by a "mmmmmm so goooooood the best food ever" or "AHHHHHHH SO YUMMY" or *exaggerated eye look*. I feel the way Chris explains something is very smart and descriptive, not to mention the cool shots he gets and how creative he is. If he just wanted to branch out and do something on his own it would be better than continually putting his family out there. It's a bit exploitative when in reality all he needs is himself to get the views.

Reactions: 13
Did anyone watch the "Chinese food" video, I cringed the entire time, from Parker squealing at such a high pitch every 5minutes, no lie, that hurt my ears a bit because it was ALOT, but also Baileys exaggerated moans and noises over the food. No. Nooooo. She's gonna start school soon and that's gonna be one of the most recent videos and she's gonna get bullied beyond belief for it. It was just too much. Christopher is genuine and tries but his kids just don't match his vibe. I think if Chris did his own thing he would get alot more views than if he included his kids. I'd rather see a series of videos from Chris where he by himself were to try new things that weren't accompanied by a "mmmmmm so goooooood the best food ever" or "AHHHHHHH SO YUMMY" or *exaggerated eye look*. I feel the way Chris explains something is very smart and descriptive, not to mention the cool shots he gets and how creative he is. If he just wanted to branch out and do something on his own it would be better than continually putting his family out there. It's a bit exploitative when in reality all he needs is himself to get the views.
Yeah, they seriously do not need the kids to have a successful channel. Chris is interesting all in his own. Jessica can talk about Mom Life stuff all day long without filming the children. It’s possible.

I honestly thought you might be exaggerating a bit but I just watched it and you’re very right. Parker’s screaming was way more than usual to the point where he got Luke over excited and he snatched the spring roll from Chris. Bailey seemed to be more intense than usual. At one point she asked ‘can we order this every night?’ She’s 14, she knows that’s not possible. That’s something a 4 year old would ask, is she trying to be cute? They get all this silliness from Jessica cause Chris is quite chill in comparison.

Also they made a really big fuss about Duncan double dipping but then they all shared the straw on the drink. Make it make sense.

Yeah, they seriously do not need the kids to have a successful channel. Chris is interesting all in his own. Jessica can talk about Mom Life stuff all day long without filming the children. It’s possible.
Chris could run a really successful channel - I would definitely not be a fan of Jessica talking to the camera aka sanctimonious lecturing though.

I honestly thought you might be exaggerating a bit but I just watched it and you’re very right. Parker’s screaming was way more than usual to the point where he got Luke over excited and he snatched the spring roll from Chris. Bailey seemed to be more intense than usual. At one point she asked ‘can we order this every night?’ She’s 14, she knows that’s not possible. That’s something a 4 year old would ask, is she trying to be cute? They get all this silliness from Jessica cause Chris is quite chill in comparison.

Also they made a really big fuss about Duncan double dipping but then they all shared the straw on the drink. Make it make sense.
Parker is a totally over the top attention seeker, and as for Bailey she acts many years younger than her actual age. On one hand I like Chris - he's a likeable, hard working, interesting person, but on the other hand he is still using his kids for income - are they so desperate for income these days that particularly in Bailey's case they don't look at how she comes across in vlogs and realise that the way that she comes across isn't the way a typical 14 year old behaves, so she might end up getting severely bullied for it when she goes to high school? Do they not worry about that?

I also think that one of the big problems with Parker is that they basically created a 'monster' because he used to be the super cute one who was useful for creating content when he was younger - now he just comes across as being bratty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Yeah I noticed they didn’t want Duncan double dipping but never actually stopped him, they just kept laughing which made him realize he could make them laugh by double dipping, which made him want to do it more. Maybe off of the camera they stopped him, but it didn’t really look like it. Another thing I noticed was when Luke was laughing and squealing (because he’s a baby), the camera was on him, and Parker started imitating him because he probably wanted the camera in him too. and don't even get me started on Bailey… I’m in her grade and if I ever acted like that at all, I would be SEVERELY bullied

Just watched that video, Parker screaming is just too much but Bailey and that spring roll was disturbing, being a teenager and acting like that is a bit much, it was almost sexual! So so so weird!!!!

Reactions: 6
Hi, I have been lurking at this site for a while now and I wanted to put options. *heads up this might not make any sense - I do have Dyslexia so keep that in mind when reading.

I can understand how excited Parker would be with the food cause he is a dramatic 8-year-old kid. Bailey is only around her brothers and is going to react the same way as them. I don't think she will be bullied. I hope she doesn't as she is a really sweet girl. yes, immature. She is just dramatic like the rest of her family. Which is fine. She will find her people in high school.

As for their bed situation.
I do feel like Bailey should have her own bedroom. Maybe when Teddy is older she can have that as her room and Duncan, Luke and Teddy can have Bailey's. But Bailey doesn't like to sleep alone (Probably due to not knowing any difference.) Jess and Chris have mentioned this in a vlog a while back.

As for their mess.
Yea until I read this I didn't really notice lol. They should tidy up and Bailey and Jacob could 100% help out in that area as it would mean 1 less thing for Chris to do and if Jess is always busy with the Teddy/Luke/homeschooling. I do think they should do a vlog on their chores. I liked to see what chores each kid does. Like, do they have chores? if so what do they do. Who does what? Does Duncan help out?

Jess and her laziness. I don't think Jess ALwAYS is lazy. again I didn't really notice this until I saw someone mention it. Jess does the homeschooling in bed. I do agree that doing school in bed is definitely not the best way to learn. I guess reading would be okay but anything else should be done a the kitchen table or desk or even outside. The bedroom is for relaxing. I have seen Jess in the past do cooking but it's usually desserts or something. And Jess has had SIX kids and that would take a lot out of the body so idk 🤷‍♀️ She is probably still breastfeeding and up all night with teddy- could be a reason why she is currently always sitting. ( but then you watching Colleen with twins who is always on her feet so I guess it's different from woman to woman.)

Chris does seem to be doing EVERYTHING but he is usually the one filming and you do only see 20mins snippets of their day. So hopefully behind the sense, Jess is helpful.

I do generally love Jess. She is a really lovely, caring and respectful woman. I generally like their family. I have been watching their whole family (Colleen and Rachel etc) for YEARS. Like maybe 9 years now.

Watching people eat makes me uncomfortable. Chris gives me vibes that are off and repulse me. But the kids. The screaming. The moaning. I didn't even act that excited on Christmas morning. It's their job as parents to tell them to reel it in.

What disgusts me the most though is Bailey. Or more specifically, her parents. They're not stupid (hopefully). They definitely aren't given that they've played around with thumbnails that insinuate certain things in order to get clicks. WHY are they letting their daughter eat like that? Their job as parents is to protect her. It's like they don't care about their kids or how they're perceived as long as they get views and adsense. Both C and J disgust me and i don't feel like excuses can be made for either of them. Because the one filming and editing and actively exploiting them is Chris. The kids would be better off being raised by a lazy mom than an exploiting dad who tries to get p3dos to watch his videos because of money.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.