Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Likelihood is a boy. I don't think they'll stop after this one. Girl or not.

Reactions: 3
Likelihood is a boy. I don't think they'll stop after this one. Girl or not.
In a way I kind of hope it’s a boy, I know Bailey seems very sweet and kind but I think if the baby was a girl, everyone’s attention would be on this new girl in the family and Bailey might feel a bit left out. I think she gets a lot of attention at the moment because she’s the only girl and I think that could change if the baby is a girl.

They also said that they’re maybe done with having children, I definitely think they’ll have more, although I’ve no idea how there would be room in th house 😂 I also feel sorry for Faith, I know she’s being paid but I wonder if she does a lot of the work...

Edit: just wanted to clarify that no matter what sex the baby is, I hope the baby is happy and healthy, that’s all that truly matters ❤

Reactions: 6
I’m not going to pretend I’m happy for them. Those poor children... the more babies they have, the less time and attention the other kids get. Especially Luke who may or may not have problems. I think Jessica is just addicted to pregnancy a la Sue Radford

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not going to pretend I’m happy for them. Those poor children... the more babies they have, the less time and attention the other kids get. Especially Luke who may or may not have problems. I think Jessica is just addicted to pregnancy a la Sue Radford
My dad is from large family (6 children) - he always privately resented his parents for having so many. He just didn't get enough attention growing up, and his parents had favourites (because they had an array of kids to choose from). At the end of the day, having so many kids is a choice, and a choice the existing children have no say in.

I wonder if they will become one of those 'X number of children and counting' families. We have one in the UK like that: the Radford family have 22 children.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
To be fair I'm one of 3 and my parents have favourites :LOL:

But yeah, the loud children and those who are more unique (Bailey - only girl, Parker, Luke - additional needs) will particularly stand out. Poor Duncan and Jacob

But yeah, the loud children and those who are more unique (Bailey - only girl, Parker, Luke - additional needs) will particularly stand out. Poor Duncan and Jacob
What’s wrong with Parker?

I think it's more than he is very out-going and draws/craves attention, rather than there being anything 'wrong' with him.
Exactly this. He is outgoing and loves to be centre of attention. There's nothing wrong with him but he's normally front and centre in vlogs and it's likely Jacob and Duncan will fade further into the background.

Reactions: 2
Exactly this. He is outgoing and loves to be centre of attention. There's nothing wrong with him but he's normally front and centre in vlogs and it's likely Jacob and Duncan will fade further into the background.
I dread to think how many meltdowns Parker has had off-camera if he isn't given enough camera time/adult attention. They really aren't doing him any favours by humouring him all the time and allowing him to give 'shows' every 5 minutes. If Parker had gone to school (rather than be home-schooled), he would have learned these lessons quicker due to peer feedback. I don't blame him in the slightest of course.

Reactions: 4
I dread to think how many meltdowns Parker has had off-camera if he isn't given enough camera time/adult attention. They really aren't doing him any favours by humouring him all the time and allowing him to give 'shows' every 5 minutes. If Parker had gone to school (rather than be home-schooled), he would have learned these lessons quicker due to peer feedback. I don't blame him in the slightest of course.
Jess and Chris said that they’ve really worked on Parker not interrupting others all the time and I think for the most part it has worked (I think you can see that massively in the podcast he was in with them). But obviously, he’s a 7 year old boy in a big family so I completely agree with you!

Also taking it back to Jessica enjoying being pregnant, I remember her saying that she feels most comfortable in her body and the way she looks when she’s pregnant and I wonder if a small part of wanting to be pregnant is to feel good about herself? If so, I sympathise with her in a way, even though I think she’s really pretty regardless! 💕 (bit of a ramble there, sorry!)

Interesting that Jacob and Duncan spend so much time together and seem very close considering their age gap. They choose to share rooms at 11 and 3. I think their bond is very sweet. To be fair I see Jess and Chris making an effort to talk about each child individually but with so many kids it will get harder.

What bugged me is that Jessica said she has PCOS and struggles to get pregnant. Dude! You're 37 and on your 6th! There are people out there who really struggle to conceive one. Just felt like a slap in the face.

Reactions: 11
What bugged me is that Jessica said she has PCOS and struggles to get pregnant. Dude! You're 37 and on your 6th! There are people out there who really struggle to conceive one. Just felt like a slap in the face.
I think what she means by struggles to get pregnant is that they've had miscarriages. Jessica doesn't seem to have that much of a problem considering she's been pregnant 3 times in the past 4 years.

Reactions: 5
Do they really need another baby? Just watched the video and they said after Luke was born they wanted another one. I hope Luke doesn’t need one to one support from his parents

Reactions: 1
they're mostly at home parents, the other ones will be older, i think they can manage, i knew they wanted another baby and i don't judge them for trying close to Luke, so he needs special care but i think it's going to be easier now than when he's older.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
they're mostly at home parents, the other ones will be older, i thinl they can manage, i knew they wanted another baby ans i don't judge them for trying close to Luke, so he needs special care but i think it's going to be easier now than when he's older.
But they already have a live-in nanny as they can’t cope with all the kids and they don’t even have jobs, they’re are literally home 90% of the time so how is it they can’t cope currently but expect another baby to be fine to fit into their dynamic with the unknowns of Luke.

Also, I just don’t know how she can teach school to Luke everything he needs for developing, Duncan the basics and Bailey simultaneously when they’re at such different levels now.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
But they already have a live-in nanny as they can’t cope with all the kids and they don’t even have jobs, they’re are literally home 90% of the time so how is it they can’t cope currently but expect another baby to be fine to fit into their dynamic with the unknowns of Luke.

Also, I just don’t know how she can teach school to Luke everything he needs for developing, Duncan the basics and Bailey simultaneously when they’re at such different levels now.
i never heard them say they can't cope...
they have many online classes i think they will keep it this way even after covid; maybe Bailey will go to school..

they have many online classes i think they will keep it this way even after covid; maybe Bailey will go to school..
Yeah I think Bailey will go to high school next year. I think they’re brilliant parents to be fair and I agree they haven’t said they can’t cope. They’ve never had a nanny until recently. She’s their babysitter rather than a nanny, just a teen girl who I think may be a student, and has a part time job too so she’s not a full time nanny. The only reason she moved in is because of lockdown. She used to baby sit now and then, and so did Chris’ parents. Anyone with 5 kids needs the odd help. But since Covid they weren’t having any help at all as they’re being very careful for Luke. So they decided the only way Faith could babysit is if she moved in and joined their bubble.

Reactions: 2
Well, they haven’t hired her and moved her in for shits and giggles hahahaha but the point is, why keep having kids if you cannot manage them!

I feel that Parker gets more attention from Colleen than he does from his parents and having a new baby isn't going to help this plus they should be thinking about Luke's additional needs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.