Backpacking Bananas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still blows my mind how someone self-employed with dwindling views can get a central london flat....i'm not bitter at all right o_O there has to be mum and dad help here as this ain't adding up

Reactions: 5
Still blows my mind how someone self-employed with dwindling views can get a central london flat....i'm not bitter at all right o_O there has to be mum and dad help here as this ain't adding up
I mean she hasn't ever paid rent in london(as far as I'm aware?) And is clearly making a lot from her channel, I would imagine she had paid herself. Even youtubers/influencers with declining viewers seems to (somehow) make a lot of money/get stuff free so avoid paying. It's a depressing world

Reactions: 2
I'm confused about it all too. How much can she possibly be making from all her sponsored stuff.

Reactions: 1
She used to fund her travels by editing for other people and doing a bit of agency work when she was home but I'm pretty sure in the last two or three years she's said that her YouTube covers it all now - and apparently a central London flat as well as endless travels. Surfshark & Nord VPN seem to pay well!

You do occasionally see "a day in the life of a digital nomad" video or a mention of a day working from a cafe somewhere but it's not a lot. She seems to save all the work for when she's back in the UK which is a lot less often these days. Someone pointed out that she just releases videos as and when they're finished, so sometimes you'll get three in three days and then nothing for six months. I'd personally schedule them so there's an ongoing supply, having heard that The Algorithm doesn't like it when you don't give your viewers anything for six months.

On the subject of money, there was a big song and dance over her digital products and her clothing line at one point. I can see how the clothing line can go down the toilet, being at the mercy of the company that actually makes the stuff but clearly the digital products weren't worth the effort, since all the budgeting ones have vanished from her website and there's only the Backpacking Colombia custom map left. I seem to remember that there was nothing automated about them - the way the map works is that you have to add the email of the person who's ordered it to the list of people who are allowed access to it and then send them an invite and I can quite well imagine doing all that manually is enough of a pain that she's never done another one but surely she could do something to get the budget spreadsheets automatically sent out, or at least a link to download them. It was never going to be anything more than pocket money but out of the maps or the spreadsheets, the spreadsheets are the ones I'd have left there to passively earn a few pennies and I can't fathom why they've disappeared.

Did I misread about the upcoming home?

No offer has been accepted, thus nothing is official.

She used to fund her travels by editing for other people and doing a bit of agency work when she was home but I'm pretty sure in the last two or three years she's said that her YouTube covers it all now - and apparently a central London flat as well as endless travels. Surfshark & Nord VPN seem to pay well!

You do occasionally see "a day in the life of a digital nomad" video or a mention of a day working from a cafe somewhere but it's not a lot. She seems to save all the work for when she's back in the UK which is a lot less often these days. Someone pointed out that she just releases videos as and when they're finished, so sometimes you'll get three in three days and then nothing for six months. I'd personally schedule them so there's an ongoing supply, having heard that The Algorithm doesn't like it when you don't give your viewers anything for six months.

On the subject of money, there was a big song and dance over her digital products and her clothing line at one point. I can see how the clothing line can go down the toilet, being at the mercy of the company that actually makes the stuff but clearly the digital products weren't worth the effort, since all the budgeting ones have vanished from her website and there's only the Backpacking Colombia custom map left. I seem to remember that there was nothing automated about them - the way the map works is that you have to add the email of the person who's ordered it to the list of people who are allowed access to it and then send them an invite and I can quite well imagine doing all that manually is enough of a pain that she's never done another one but surely she could do something to get the budget spreadsheets automatically sent out, or at least a link to download them. It was never going to be anything more than pocket money but out of the maps or the spreadsheets, the spreadsheets are the ones I'd have left there to passively earn a few pennies and I can't fathom why they've disappeared.
I can't remeber what video it is, but I'm sure she said she's reworking the budget spreadsheet to align with what she's currently using herself

Looks like she's probably taken Joel's side in the Joel and Lia split. Lia put up this awkward story with a text screenshot. Almost like she's trying to prove her and Christie still communicate. It was obvious Christianne liked Joel more anyway.

Looks like she's probably taken Joel's side in the Joel and Lia split. Lia put up this awkward story with a text screenshot. Almost like she's trying to prove her and Christie still communicate. It was obvious Christianne liked Joel more anyway.
She went to the wedding though didn't she?

She went to the wedding though didn't she?
She was at the wedding, although I've always thought their friendship was strange. In older videos Christianne came off as overbearing. Didn't seem to faze Lia.

She was at the wedding, although I've always thought their friendship was strange. In older videos Christianne came off as overbearing. Didn't seem to faze Lia.
I agree, it's also kind of weird to know she's going to London and at the last minute think "is my friend there?" I would think if you actually wanted to see someone in a different city it would be planned beforehand

Forgot to clarify, the videos that seemed strange to me were on Lia's channel.

Although there may have been a few on Christianne's as well. Remember watching them travel to Greece (I believe) and Christianne was pretty much calling all the shots.

There were a few moments where it looked like Lia may have spoken up for herself but then just said nothing. Seemed like anything they did was because it was what Christianne wanted to do, not a joint decision of two friends travelling around ( beach resorts)

Another time Christianne came to meet up with Lia at a Soho Farmhouse vacay and Christianne literally took over the blog (which was on Lia's channel). It was awkward to watch as yet again, Lia said nothing.

I find Christianne a bit full on and me....me....me.....not really thinking of others. Maybe I'm reading her wrong?

Now you say that it's pretty true, which I guess is the personality you need to be a full time influencer. Lia I guess still has the property channel etc which js not just personality based

Christianne went to the wedding of Lia whereas Joel didn't because of the feud. Christianne has always come off as annoyed at Lia in videos and a bit dismissive of her as a vlogger. There was one time where she mentioned Lia's habit of sending food back at restaurants if there was a minor problem and how it was embarrassing.

More Pakistan group trips next year! Surely she must be getting bored of doing the same trip each year multiple times a year

More Pakistan group trips next year! Surely she must be getting bored of doing the same trip each year multiple times a year
I thought that! I'm assuming this will be the start of her own tour company and sooner or later she'll hire people to do the tours while she curates further excursions.